Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502582 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2400 on: April 08, 2014, 04:20:37 pm »

@syvarris Ah, thanks for pointing out.

@Toaster Not sure about the origin part (the 'no line' confuses the safety theory most) but apparently the heptagons are the most powerful of all, thus ensuing their inherent danger of misuse. Also, I remember at least one hexagon (closest to heptagon in terms of sides amount) which is perhaps the safest artifact out there - Simus's Phase Suit.

My own 'bag of people' had vertical line and apparently it is as dangerous (lethal, that is) to the user as it is to others.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 08, 2014, 04:36:55 pm »

Yeah, I could do that. If all else fails and I'm running out of time, I could walk over to the infirmary and then bash myself, so they wouldn't have far to move me if things went wrong and I ended up injured instead of dead.
Wait, are you saying that dying would be things going right?

Why not buy a decagon?
Are those available?

Yes, the pill machine technically was more lethal than any other item.  But only because the kid using it was being an idiot, and he wasn't even the owner.
Hey! Grate bought it fair and square, and he checked with a knowledgeable source before using it!
Might! MIGHT!

(they'll get damaged fat sitting on my chest)
We don't have a typo thread, so I'll put this here.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2402 on: April 08, 2014, 04:59:57 pm »

I got an image of Jim acting like that trainer in starship troopers, breaking that guy's arm and then shouting "Mediiiic!".

Speaking of which, we should really do a recruitment video like the one on starship troopers. "I'm doing my part!" "Would you like to know more?" "Service guarantees citizenship."
http://youtu.be/kdrjzE1SE58
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 05:03:48 pm by Parisbre56 »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: April 08, 2014, 05:05:50 pm »

Yes, the pill machine technically was more lethal than any other item.  But only because the kid using it was being an idiot, and he wasn't even the owner.
Hey! Grate bought it fair and square, and he checked with a knowledgeable source before using it!
Might! MIGHT!
Oh, you bought it from Stacy?  Huh.  Wiki says it was given.  In any case, the original owner didn't die from it.

And yeah, 'might' seems like warning enough to me.  If a guy plays russian roulette (einsteinian roulette?) and dies, who's fault is it?  The revolver's?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 08, 2014, 05:08:33 pm »

The Extreme Enviroment Battlesuit, IIRC, has shielding out the arse, and is more or less the mech equivalent of a NBC suit. I was thinking of having it modified to accept input directly from my braincase, and therefore without the need of a cockpit, could shove more armor/shielding/equipment into/onto it.

Pill thingy: It was the Doctor who said it. Where was that quote about science being scientists watching you maim yourself for fun and profit?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: April 08, 2014, 05:36:26 pm »

And yeah, 'might' seems like warning enough to me.  If a guy plays russian roulette (einsteinian roulette?) and dies, who's fault is it?  The revolver's?
No, the jerk who implied it would probably end okay to someone who doesn't understand how guns or bullets work.

Pill thingy: It was the Doctor who said it. Where was that quote about science being scientists watching you maim yourself for fun and profit?
Someone who doesn't know any real scientists.
But still, you would have thought that the Doc would be slightly concerned about "experiments" that would destroy that much of the Sword.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 08, 2014, 06:11:47 pm »

I won't concede the pill machine (since he bought it), but I will the knife... since it wasn't held long enough to result in self head amputation.

The Extreme Enviroment Battlesuit, IIRC, has shielding out the arse, and is more or less the mech equivalent of a NBC suit. I was thinking of having it modified to accept input directly from my braincase, and therefore without the need of a cockpit, could shove more armor/shielding/equipment into/onto it.

Might as well go full avatar if you're going that route.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 08, 2014, 06:13:42 pm »

It's cheaper though, and really, even though a battlesuit is still big, I can still go places an Avatar can't.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: April 08, 2014, 06:18:14 pm »

No, the jerk who implied it would probably end okay to someone who doesn't understand how guns or bullets work.
No, its the fault of the idiot who didnt listen to the advice giver who actually implied that its a really fucking bad idea to stick a loaded gun in your mouth.

But still, you would have thought that the Doc would be slightly concerned about "experiments" that would destroy that much of the Sword.
No, we really wouldnt. But he did warn you anyway.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 08, 2014, 06:38:45 pm »

No, its the fault of the idiot who didnt listen to the advice giver who actually implied that its a really fucking bad idea to stick a loaded gun in your mouth.

No, we really wouldnt. But he did warn you anyway.
"Something bad might happen" is not a warning. Certainly not an adequate one for something like that.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: April 08, 2014, 08:27:54 pm »

"Something bad might happen" is standard HMRC protocol.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: April 08, 2014, 08:35:21 pm »

Exactly! So why should it be considered a warning?
Sig

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: April 08, 2014, 08:38:21 pm »

Murphy's Law. Anything that can go wrong, will. You making a pill could go wrong. It did. Quite spectacularly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: April 08, 2014, 08:41:09 pm »

Again, why is this different than standard?
Sig

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: April 08, 2014, 08:44:13 pm »

Goddamnit GWG, stop flaming. In my native tongue, the term I'd use is "Stop being a bloody twelvie".

How hard are these pesky turrets to kill? I've only got a gauss pistol.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 2205