Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502653 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #2325 on: April 07, 2014, 12:27:27 pm »

Also, I don't know if PW is going to go for that bit of realism, but in order to fly Jim would need some kind of aerodynamic surface - maybe little membrane wings - on his feet. He won't be able to control his flight if all he has is a shoulder-mounted lifting surface, the center of mass will be too far back from the center of lift. Best he'll be able to do is hover around in a vertical position - gliding and directed forward flight would be nigh impossible.

It'd probably be very distracting to the enemy to be charged by a guy with a fifteen inch snake hanging down and flopping around.
Especially if it's 15-inch prehensile snake...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: April 07, 2014, 12:28:14 pm »

It'd probably be very distracting to the enemy to be charged by a guy with a fifteen inch snake hanging down and flopping around.

Is it bad that I was thinking the same thing?

EDIT:  Combine that with the Arm Cannon someone just got...
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2327 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:20 pm »

Meh. :P I'd be more interested in getting some more efficient legs or something.

@Ninja Sean: Small rocket propulsion units embedded in the synthflesh Ironman style maybe? I could get some in the forearms and calves and control flight that way.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: April 07, 2014, 12:30:40 pm »

Please stop this line of thought. One more post on the subject and I'm reporting y'all to Toady.

@Ninja Sean: Small rocket propulsion units embedded in the synthflesh Ironman style maybe? I could get some in the forearms and calves and control flight that way.
Or antigrav something.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2329 on: April 07, 2014, 12:52:19 pm »

Please stop this line of thought. One more post on the subject and I'm reporting y'all to Toady.

Or antigrav something.
http://youtu.be/GiWQZhUmmRw
Because I don't like threats.

Also, we don't use antigrav. Too expensive and short term if you use automanips and too complex (and probably requiring large amounts of energy) if you don't. Better to use rockets.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: April 07, 2014, 12:57:12 pm »

Or antigrav something.
http://youtu.be/GiWQZhUmmRw
Because I don't like threats.

Also, we don't use antigrav. Too expensive and short term if you use automanips and too complex (and probably requiring large amounts of energy) if you don't. Better to use rockets.
Considering wings are useless for flight out of atmosphere anyway, I would go for ducted fans. More staying power.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: April 07, 2014, 12:58:08 pm »

I was thinking appearance anyway.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: April 07, 2014, 01:25:26 pm »

Not sure if a convention is viable. I mean, I live in vegas, Ti lives in brazil, I think, Sean lives in Russia(?), Nik and his growing gang of friends live somewhere outside the US, etc. I'm pretty sure a large amount of our players are way too far away from me.

Bout the best we can hope for is some sort of skype or Mumble thing where we can all shout at each other through the tubes.

Our League is actually situated in Russia, too.
So, replace that dungeon with Kremlin and make Nikitian ride a bear into it. Actually, he uses his AK from the army as his staff/lever thing. Add something with vodka and you have a picture of our League.
We all know each other and often meet IRL. The league of Nikitian's friends.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: April 07, 2014, 01:27:32 pm »

Considering wings are useless for flight out of atmosphere anyway, I would go for ducted fans. More staying power.
...Dont' fans also need air to work?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:29 pm »

Any friend of Nik's is a friend of ours.
Hear hear

It's just a laser, as far as you can tell. Draws from the Avatar power source though, so thats nice.
There are the standard laser options such as diffusion, intensity and this one also appears to have a "Pulse" feature that will cause it to fire for X amount of time with each trigger pull.
Neato, that saves me a couple of tokens.

How much would a pair or mechanical arms with fingers at the end that can be controlled remotely cost? Basically, I'd put them on a finger when Miya needs to manipulate something small like a computer keyboard or a gaping chest wound. Also, would using these require an aux roll, and would this roll be on top of whatever roll required for what I'm trying to do (e.g. aux roll for manipulating the arms, and then another aux roll for using the computer).

Next to this, how much would it additionally cost if these arms were mounted on a small wheeled/tracked vehicle (like those radio controlled toys, but with two long arms for manipulating stuff)?

I've had no opportunity to think of and propose this in-character yet, but in principle, wouldn't it be possible for Miyamoto to telepresence himself? He's more than adequately equipped to control a human-sized remote-controlled synthoid shell, that could be stored in/on the Avatar and used as the situation requires.

...Dont' fans also need air to work?
Yes, just as the wings. Kinda the point. :P

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2335 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:29 pm »

How much would a pair or mechanical arms with fingers at the end that can be controlled remotely cost? Basically, I'd put them on a finger when Miya needs to manipulate something small like a computer keyboard or a gaping chest wound. Also, would using these require an aux roll, and would this roll be on top of whatever roll required for what I'm trying to do (e.g. aux roll for manipulating the arms, and then another aux roll for using the computer).

Next to this, how much would it additionally cost if these arms were mounted on a small wheeled/tracked vehicle (like those radio controlled toys, but with two long arms for manipulating stuff)?

So you want a radio controlled avatar for Radio Controlled's Avatar?
So Radio Controlled wants his avatar to ask whether or not his Avatar can have a radio controlled avatar?

Lame jokes aside, that reminds me of that transformer that has that smaller robot it can send to do stuff and spy on humans.
Maybe you could make it humanoid, to allow it to operate vehicles and hide among people? With some scout-eye-like legs for greater mobility? Or maybe make it humanoid but allow the legs to transform into rockets? So many choices...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: April 07, 2014, 01:35:13 pm »

Not sure if a convention is viable. I mean, I live in vegas, Ti lives in brazil, I think, Sean lives in Russia(?), Nik and his growing gang of friends live somewhere outside the US, etc. I'm pretty sure a large amount of our players are way too far away from me.
Bout the best we can hope for is some sort of skype or Mumble thing where we can all shout at each other through the tubes.
Or maybe we play a game together sometimes, like an ER starbound server or something. Or we do another streaming event with dumb/ridiculous movies we can mock. Or we do a SS13 round (no ER items, but general idea of exploring stuff as a team would be there).
Also, is there anyone still down there in the on planet headquarters? I assume that the sod commander and sean are in the control room, but anyone else? I keep  feeling like there's someone else down there but I can't remember and it's bugging me.
Miya maybe? Dunno for sure where he is now. You need people for something?
Fuck Sephiroth and the game he's in. :V
Sephiroth was a pretty cool villain, and I liked FFVII. One could make a case that it's a bit overrated, but I wouldn't call it a bad game by any means. Or are you still upset about Aerith  :P
Nah, someone should become supermariachi and fly around the world gathering everyone up on a hovering sombrero.
FTFY

I kinda like the wing idea. Synthflesh wings, coated in anti laser stuff or another good armoring material (or maybe a layer of mithrill?) and with razor sharp edges would be pretty badass. Also, SYMBOLISM.

Don't be a baby. Nobody is forcing you to read this thread, and it's all in jest anyways. Or do you have some deep-seated issues regarding male genitalia?

I've had no opportunity to think of and propose this in-character yet, but in principle, wouldn't it be possible for Miyamoto to telepresence himself? He's more than adequately equipped to control a human-sized remote-controlled synthoid shell, that could be stored in/on the Avatar and used as the situation requires.
A terrific idea, if not for one small thing: monies, and my lack of ever having enough of them.
But on that topic: I've been thinking for quite some time about taking a standard robobody, getting/paying the Doc to put some brains in it, then augment it's capabilities by integrating the hunterbot CPU from mission 7. I'd use it as a supportive npc/tool (kinda like a gunnerbot) to make up for Miya's giant size and lacking supportive abilities.

EDIT: Paris, I brand thee heretic ninja. And yes, there are a lot of options there.
(and i had first typed 'remote controlled', but changed it once the potential for horrible jokes presented itself)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 01:37:31 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: April 07, 2014, 01:38:31 pm »

No, I didn't care when Aeris got killed off. I just think it's overrated and it practically ruined RPGs by just turning them into CG-fests. The story was lame even considering the lackluster translation and it's just boring to get through. I beat it once and tried to play through it again but Midgar just drug so much I never made it to the Shinra building a second time - and this was back when I was young enough to replay games multiple times. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: April 07, 2014, 01:43:41 pm »

Or are you still upset about Aerith  :P
Oh no. Unmarked spoilers. No.
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: April 07, 2014, 01:49:12 pm »

Or are you still upset about Aerith  :P
Oh no. Unmarked spoilers. No.

Sorry. I was pretty shaken myself when she lost that cooking contest. But it was worth it in the end when she turned Sephiroth (who turned out to be her long lost brother!) nice again with the power of luurve.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 2205