Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491961 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1950 on: March 25, 2014, 08:19:30 pm »

He's not injured. The wiki just say he's about to die because his is a noob and all alone and whoever wrote that was being pessimistic.
Ya, I figured as much. Thats pretty much true too

Yeah, that would have been me :P
Sorry if it confused PW. Now that Milno is conscious, you're odds of survival are significantly increased! So that's good

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 25, 2014, 08:25:48 pm »

Heh, gotcha, thats very true. I just don't want any robo-parts, at least not yet.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 26, 2014, 04:11:47 am »

Well then, first turn on the enemy ship, and already the stealing begins. They're almost stealing our own stuff at this point.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1953 on: March 26, 2014, 04:23:24 am »

Is idiots in space correct? Does Stacy have the pill machine with him? Because a pill made out of the shell's sand coating and that shock absorbent fluid would be really useful right now...

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 26, 2014, 05:31:32 am »

Is idiots in space correct? Does Stacy have the pill machine with him? Because a pill made out of the shell's sand coating and that shock absorbent fluid would be really useful right now...

Nope, Miyamoto has it. Also, it is damaged, so it might not even work anymore.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 26, 2014, 05:48:32 am »

TEAM G(amma overdose)
"SHIT, Renen! we have to get out of here that could go critical on our asses any minute! and unless the idea of being encased in slag we need to get to the control room and begin containment"
after telling renen go to the cutting laser on the right and activate, ready for hostilities

*twitch*

Nuclear reactors do not work that way. For one, it's already been critical - all that means is that the reaction is going at a steady rate, neither increasing nor decreasing in power For another, in a properly designed reactor, you won't need to do anything - and that looks to be the case now. The only hazard is the radiation, and there's not really anything you can do about that unless you can get a few inches of lead shielding in place. The reactor, by PW's description, is already subcritical (the control rods are in, and whatever coolant/moderator it had seems to be gone), so it can only cool from here. If it hasn't melted down by now, it's not going to unless you do something to increase the reactivity again or otherwise introduce more heat to it. Still could cause a hydrogen explosion, but only if you're stupid enough to start pouring an absolute crapton of water over it.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:50:04 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1956 on: March 26, 2014, 06:02:17 am »

The hole they entered through means the room is probably in vacuum, unless the reactor has some sort of auto-sealing system. So there probably isn't any danger of hydrogen explosions.

The only problem I see is some sort of automated system being triggered to protect the crew from radiation damage if the reactor's shielding is so damaged and the radiation leaking so powerful that radiation is reaching other parts of the ship. For example, flooding the room with some sort of radiation absorbing foam or jettisoning the entire reactor (if individual parts of the ship can be jettisoned).

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 26, 2014, 07:45:45 am »

Steal everything not nailed down and spend septims on metal bars credits on battlesuits!

On another note, I've hijacked another minimalist RTD. Oopsies?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 07:50:21 am by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 26, 2014, 08:49:52 am »

It's also a bit meta, since no one on the ground knows just how badly the landing went.

I'm kinda assuming Steve tells the people on the ground about the situation up in space once he himself knows it. Seems logical.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 26, 2014, 09:14:45 am »

Nope, Miyamoto has it. Also, it is damaged, so it might not even work anymore.
Which would make me very sad.

*twitch*

Nuclear reactors do not work that way.
I'm interpreting this as Corsair's character knowing exactly as much about nuclear reactors as one would expect.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 26, 2014, 09:19:23 am »

It's also a bit meta, since no one on the ground knows just how badly the landing went.

I'm kinda assuming Steve tells the people on the ground about the situation up in space once he himself knows it. Seems logical.

Steve only knows A and B were hit since D and E haven't opened yet, but I suppose that's fair, and if you extrapolate out the damage across the shells that have opened, it comes out about right.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 26, 2014, 11:18:38 am »

Steve probably kept some track of the shells as they flew. He wouldn't know who lived, who died, and if anyone might recover, but he would more or less know which ones have a lot of dead guys and which are OK.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 26, 2014, 12:27:36 pm »

He wouldn't know the status of the contents, though, which is where the issues were.  The outside is just several feet of metal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 26, 2014, 12:37:56 pm »

The status of the inside is related to what happens outside. He could guesstimate, approximate, Fermi-calculate, whatever-ate.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 26, 2014, 12:39:19 pm »

and if you extrapolate out the damage across the shells that have opened, it comes out about right.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 2205