Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491979 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1935 on: March 25, 2014, 03:45:37 pm »

It's also a bit meta, since no one on the ground knows just how badly the landing went.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: March 25, 2014, 04:57:51 pm »

Hey, Kriellya, just checked your entry in idiots in space. Still got that drone platform? That would be good to have.
And if you are really desperate, I can give you my Mining Laser... I can't use it without Gilgamesh's strength but your MK3 has an exoskeleton.
So what if you have a -2 to conventional? It's only an 83.3% chance of failure.

I believe I do *not* have that drone platform. It was part of the team-fund for the assault, and I believe it was sold to dole out payments. On the otherhand, if PW wants to give me a free drone platform because he forgot to update his files :P

I have a space calculator with +0, so I'm *technically* fine with weapons. (in addition to the spare I'm going to borrow from Stacy) I think the only reason I'd go with a gun over the calculator is because when (not if, when) I miss with the gun, I'll blow a hole in the floor, but if I miss with the manipulator, I'll blow a hole in the hull. Or my skull. Or everyone's skull.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 05:08:50 pm by Kriellya »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: March 25, 2014, 05:19:00 pm »

This just occured to me, and it might have been said already, but in that case I read over it. But wouldn't it be possible that the ships we just boarded have some kind of medbay?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: March 25, 2014, 06:21:04 pm »

It's certainly possible.  It is a planetary defense force meant to defend Hephaestus, but it did get sent on a offensive mission so they're probably flexible.  Especially the large ship.

However, whether or not the ships have medbays, they won't be useful to us on this mission.  Reviving even a braincase takes awhile, and if we have that time then we can probably just get transport to the sword.

Besides, you'd have a choice between enemy doctors or untrained inmates reviving you.  Neither of those seem like good people to have handling your brain.

...It may be a decent idea to go to the medbay to repair more minor injuries, but you'd probably just give the enemy more time to organize.  Also have doctors stab you in non-helpful places.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: March 25, 2014, 06:27:54 pm »

I don't believe it was, and it occurred to me as well. However, I think priority 1 for us is to link up with the other team. (especially if that other team is one of the teams that got eaten, which there are good odds of)  After that, we can consider finding a med-bay.

However, I imagine a medbay would be a fairly high-value target, and thus well protected. Probably a little less protected than any control room, but still protected. Additionally, we would have to take it intact, and given that there are likely multiple medbays on this ship, something they are highly unlikely to allow us to do. Think of it from the enemy perspective. There are two reasons to assault a medical facility.
1) You want to deny the enemy that resource. If we only attack one facility (which is all we have resources to do) on a ship with multiple, we're not doing that effectively. Which means the enemy can safely conclude that our objective is reason #2
2) You want that resource yourself. In this case, they have more facilities. They have no need to defend it, so if they think they might lose it, they'll disable it or trap it.
So if we attempt to take a medbay, we'll likely end up taking a room full of junk at potentially high cost to our already small team. And even if we do take it intact, we have to defend it for long enough to revive you, an even less likely occurrence.

Sorry. I did what I could to try and revive you with the other pods, but PW said it wasn't going to happen :P

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: March 25, 2014, 06:32:02 pm »

Eh, 'twas worth a shot. Let's all do our very best so Steve isn't forced to shoot down the ships with the lot of us still in them. I'll be providing silent moral support.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: March 25, 2014, 06:33:06 pm »

Haven't you guys ever played FTL? Boarding parties + fighting defenders in the medbay = dead boarding party. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: March 25, 2014, 06:48:07 pm »

At least I'm not out of this fight permanently. I just have to wait for PW to actually notice my 'get repaired' action he missed.

Sure, it'll give me standard robotic limbs back (though getting the synthflesh back after the mission is over will be cheap, according to PW - not that I will have much use for tokens anymore, nor will those with me), but they will be limbs and it can repair my comms, too.

As for going after medbays, I'd say it would be too time-consuming. We should get to the command center as soon as we can, because once we're there, we can eliminate a lot of the resistance - vent the ship's air, or even turning off CO2 scrubbing would be enough, unless there are areas with backup scrubbing systems (likely to be medbays, armories (if they even exist), command centers, and other vital zones). Leave only those with space suits alive.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 06:51:10 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: March 25, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »

I've lost 7 limbs! This is what I call progress.

Also, do I have a synthflesh body, a robot body, or both?

RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: March 25, 2014, 06:52:00 pm »

I've lost 7 limbs! This is what I call progress.

Also, do I have a synthflesh body, a robot body, or both?

That depends: Did you have synthflesh before this little misadventure? If not, then no, you've got standard robotics only.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: March 25, 2014, 06:58:20 pm »

Every time I think robot body I think of ATLAS from portal 2. What do they actually look like?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: March 25, 2014, 07:04:56 pm »

Geth with a crash-test-dummy head that has a holographic display like Zer0 from Borederlands 2.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: March 25, 2014, 07:40:38 pm »

Ok, maybe I'm going nuts, but did anyone remember Thaddeus being injured in the launching post?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: March 25, 2014, 07:43:37 pm »

He's not injured. The wiki just say he's about to die because his is a noob and all alone and whoever wrote that was being pessimistic.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: March 25, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »

Ya, I figured as much. Thats pretty much true too
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 2205