Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494210 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1695 on: March 15, 2014, 07:57:05 pm »

Yeah, I was afraid this would be the situation for a lot of the players. But unless you'd prefer there be no coordination whatsoever, I'm not sure what I/Miya could do to help solve this. I already gave away some responsibilities to others so at least some players would get more stuff to do (like giving artillery to Simus (for all the good it did) or letting others order around the ships). Team leaders should also have some more wiggle room for playing, but for the average grunt there is indeed very little to do besides shooting, getting shot at, repeat ad nauseam.

I'd find it sad if we never had another big combat mission/military campaign again, but when it happens having just a few players (like regular missions) might be best, with AI allies (sods or robots) to give a sense of scale and believability to the whole thing. That way, every player would have at least some grunts to order around, instead of being a grunt himself that gets ordered around.

Yeah, the artillery we have is actually pretty bad, as we all saw (Note: I'm not using it against these drones. By the time the shells land, if they're even on-target, the drones would likely be spread too thin for it to do anything major. This is when Tesla Arcs and Flamethrowers and other such weapons will come in handy). You know what we probably should have done instead of railed mortars and Dora guns? LESHO Sod teams. Using non-nuclear shells, obviously.

And what you describe sounds suspiciously similar to the Battle of Hexbarax sim.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 09:43:34 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: March 15, 2014, 08:19:38 pm »

I mean, piecewise's descriptions are really the reason I like ER, and it just seems to me like some of that soul has gotten lost in all the urgent business we have to get through. I'd really prefer fewer updates if it meant a greater fluff-to-crunch ratio. Am I only one who feels this way?

This is essentially what I meant with my comment about 5-man missions earlier.  I hate to say it could be burnout, but it may be.  I don't know if it's because there's a lot to do or just a lot to keep track of, which is why I asked about the quantity problem.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 17, 2014, 09:52:56 am »

Thanks for the PM, toaster, but I'm really not interested in ER anymore.  It's awesome, and piecewise is awesome, but there's far, far too much reading to keep up with what's going on, and I really don't have any interest in the current plotline or scenario.  I'd feel more fulfilled by defeat than by victory..

Besides, I seem to have missed a level up or something.

I won't say I'm not tempted, and I might change my mind, but being a slave without even the hope for death isn't that appealing of a character.  I could pull a Trent Hawkins and turn to booze, though..
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:43:48 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 17, 2014, 11:08:56 am »

Hmm.  Idiots says you played Leo, a name which seems vaugely familiar.  Was Leo the guy who got cursed with ultra regeneration by the doctor, and got used as a training parter for Renen?  Fought by continually crippling himself?

Wait, no, I think that guy had his mind rewritten because he refused to cooperate...

In any case, I'm sure that whoever's enslaving you would be fine if you just made a new char.  I mean, Leo's gone if you quit anyways.

And as far as 'too much reading',it's pretty simple as long as you avoid the OOC thread.  Just only read the mission posts from PW, and from your teammates (Which is easy because everyone puts their team at the top of their post).  As far as plot, we should be getting back to the traditional mission format after this mission.  You wouldn't need to be any more concerned with the overall plot than when the HMRC was still the HMRC.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 17, 2014, 11:46:24 am »

No, not cursed.  I basically just ran around and was useless with Chin for some time.  Then I got hit by a manhole cover sized piece of hypersonic debris from the grate-splosion and died, but shook it off.  Then it was tunnel crawling in the huge bio-amp thingy, but couldn't figure out what was going on due to the combined efforts of lots of posters with lots of ooc comments.  The slave issue is with, well, Steve.

There is definately fun, like with the banjo stuff, but I decided to take a break when my life got busier and there were like 125 pages of on-ship stuff to read to get even the basic idea of what we were doing on defence.  Then I find out that I would have been able to make actual plans towards obtaining freedom from steve, along with stat points, and I'm kicking myself.

(For the record, the solution to the current drone issues would be radio-fused anti-aircraft cannons or some varient on modern CIWS systems.)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 11:48:56 am by Devastator »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1700 on: March 17, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: March 17, 2014, 02:57:26 pm »

Then I got hit by a manhole cover sized piece of hypersonic debris from the grate-splosion and died
*whistles innocently*
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: March 17, 2014, 03:03:07 pm »

Then I got hit by a manhole cover sized piece of hypersonic debris from the grate-splosion and died
*whistles innocently*
COME HERE GRATE YOU LITTLE WHISTLING FUCKER
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: March 17, 2014, 05:39:24 pm »

I wonder how much strength it takes to shoulder fire one of those big artillery guns?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 17, 2014, 06:10:49 pm »

NO.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 17, 2014, 06:15:01 pm »

*whistles innocently*
COME HERE GRATE YOU LITTLE WHISTLING FUCKER
Cue Miyamoto strangling Xan.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 17, 2014, 07:07:31 pm »

Pretty sure everyone could find common, bloody ground on the topic of Grate's whistling at this point. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: March 17, 2014, 11:38:58 pm »

Grate-splosion was fun.  Getting right back up after getting cut in half wasn't..

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1709 on: March 18, 2014, 10:49:49 am »

He was created by a scientist as the first sucesfull Gorrilla-Human hybrid. The scientist was later executed for crimes in creating genetic abominations and Maggilla was assigned to HMRC since he could prove useful.
This comes to mind.
Also, ask the doctor to make him larger and then abduct a female.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 2205