Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494828 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1560 on: March 10, 2014, 08:28:46 pm »

NO.  BATTLESUITS.

I'm guessing the Heavy Laser loses the rocket pods, since it seems like a fair tradeoff in value.  It loses mobility for firepower.

I don't think anyone looked at the Urban Combat variant yet.  Am I misremembering?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: March 11, 2014, 02:41:23 am »

I could go with the gear Pilots have in titanfall. Runnin up the walls and blasting people.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: March 11, 2014, 03:01:16 am »

I must ask someone to NPC me for the time being.

Finals is killing me (and causing collateral damage to anyone I may probably somehow possibly interact with)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: March 11, 2014, 03:31:11 am »

I kind of wanna run around piloting a dreadnaught, maybe if i get enough tokens from this mission ill buy a heavy battlesuit variant and swap some parts out for a flamethrower in the arm and a dual barrel energy cannon.

Ive never played the game but if you want a wallrunner battlesuit why not try swapping the claymore defense system for a powerful magnetic grappeling field and adding in some conveniently placed motorised wheels?
It would only work on objects made of or supported by metal, but hey its better than nothing right?
Or you could probably get an exosuit variant from nyars i guess, if your lucky.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: March 11, 2014, 05:28:45 am »

You have 2 tokens according to idiots in space, nowhere enough to pay for a battlesuit. Or is it wrong?

Hmm, I wonder how payment for this mission will be handled. Maybe we will get to didvide them ourselves again.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: March 11, 2014, 06:06:14 am »

I did say "maybe if i get enough" it is entirely dependant on how much i get paid and how much loot i can recover before you guys melt it all out from under me.
i was so close to being able to attempt to disable the lifelocks on the melee battlesuit but irony unfortunately forgot to re-include the "if Auron succeeds" failsafe clause and vaporised the pilot before i had a chance to try.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1566 on: March 11, 2014, 06:14:39 am »

Scout eye legs are a delicacy have some very interesting sticky properties that allow it to walk on and attach itself to almost any surface. You could modify those to make the wall running legs.

One of the ideas I had was saving up for a synthflesh body (after I get a decompensator of course) modified with extra strong leg muscles and sticky arms and legs so that if something was strong enough to damage the battlesuit or if I had to leave it for a while, then I could jump around like a pinball and walk on walls and ceilings to confuse the enemy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: March 11, 2014, 07:16:38 am »

Its a 1 in 18 chance of affecting everyone yes, but other severity rolls may still hit bunkers or single out individual teammates.
1. It has NEVER affected EVERYONE.
2. That goes directly against what piecewise said. He said it took a 1 followed by a 1 or a 2 to get any friendly fire. Don't just make stuff up because it suits your point.
I hate when people do that.
1. Fine let me rephrase that, everyone in the target area/affected bunker. Quit being a pedantic twat.
2. Ill admit that i may have been wrong on the singling out teammates part, but rolling a 1-3 would probably still hit the bunker with a glancing blow.
1. Alright, now I can complain about your tautology.
2. ...Even though piecewise said friendly fire only happened on 1-1 and 1-2?

And for the record no im not making shit up, if anything im merely misinterpreting posts i cannot find or remember the exact wording of. Something i might add that you do with my posts constantly despite the fact that you are always directly quoting them, which is fucking annoying.
Well, I'm sorry that you have a bad memory and that I don't have telepathy.

i was so close to being able to attempt to disable the lifelocks on the melee battlesuit but irony unfortunately forgot to re-include the "if Auron succeeds" failsafe clause and vaporised the pilot before i had a chance to try.
Such is life.
Look on the bright side: If you had succeeded, the battlesuit probably wouldn't have fit and would have definitely smelled of sod sweat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: March 11, 2014, 09:12:08 am »

There's no way I'm going to have the time to join the boarding parties, please take me off the team H list.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: March 11, 2014, 09:37:05 am »

Unholy, GWG, this argument is devolving into personal insults. Stop it.

Scout eye legs are a delicacy have some very interesting sticky properties that allow it to walk on and attach itself to almost any surface. You could modify those to make the wall running legs.

One of the ideas I had was saving up for a synthflesh body (after I get a decompensator of course) modified with extra strong leg muscles and sticky arms and legs so that if something was strong enough to damage the battlesuit or if I had to leave it for a while, then I could jump around like a pinball and walk on walls and ceilings to confuse the enemy.
PyroDesu's first character had something like that. Robot legs that let him walk on walls and even ceilings.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: March 11, 2014, 03:55:20 pm »

Jump pack + sticky legs + exoskeleton + battlesuit = titanfall
yaaaay
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: March 11, 2014, 04:04:07 pm »

Unholy, GWG, this argument is devolving into personal insults. Stop it.

I agree with this sentiment.

PyroDesu's first character had something like that. Robot legs that let him walk on walls and even ceilings.

And here I was wondering if anyone besides me even remembered that.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: March 11, 2014, 04:05:53 pm »

And if you had kept them, maybe he would have outrun that star he made!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1573 on: March 11, 2014, 04:21:37 pm »

Jump pack + sticky legs + exoskeleton + battlesuit = titanfall
yaaaay
More like
rocket pods + MK2 + exoskeleton = MK3
MK3 + armor = battlesuit
battlesuit + sticky legs = titanthing
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 05:33:17 am by Parisbre56 »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: March 11, 2014, 04:23:46 pm »

And if you had kept them, maybe he would have outrun that star he made!

He did keep them, actually. Just not The Doctor's idea of them. How else do you think he was standing on the side of the dam when he did that?
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 2205