Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2493380 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1440 on: March 07, 2014, 08:44:40 pm »

That's fine, as demonstrated by me who can turn into living armor.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 07, 2014, 08:45:25 pm »

I dunno. Synthflesh can be twisted to any form you imagine easily, and it's scary on its own.
Can it do colors too?

More importantly, though, once it's in a form it stays there. Flesh-flesh can warp and writhe while you watch it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 07, 2014, 09:01:57 pm »

Just because you're taking part in more traditional missions doesn't mean you won't be having artillery support for a while.

I was just pointing out most HMRC-style traditional missions don't require artillery support. Not all of them need the use of as much violence as possible and amidst the few that do, some simply don't allow for usage of vehicles or similar stuff.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 07, 2014, 09:12:29 pm »

I dunno. Synthflesh can be twisted to any form you imagine easily, and it's scary on its own.
Can it do colors too?
More importantly, though, once it's in a form it stays there. Flesh-flesh can warp and writhe while you watch it.
Huh?
I haven't seen anything short of amps and Xan that can really make flesh warp to things more easily than synthflesh. And has anyone seen someone so much as have a chance to use a flesh amp on synth?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 07, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »

Huh?
I haven't seen anything short of amps and Xan that can really make flesh warp to things more easily than synthflesh. And has anyone seen someone so much as have a chance to use a flesh amp on synth?
Both of which are good examples of its malleability, and in Xan's case, of its ability to modify itself without any outside assistance.

I'm not aware of anyone actually attempting to modify synthflesh, but in ancient times the Doctor mentioned that once a synthflesh's form was set, it was really, really hard to change, usually to the point where it was easier to start over. It was also confirmed that healing synthflesh in the field would require a bunch of near-perfect rolls from a variety of disciplines, which doesn't bode well for modifying it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 07, 2014, 11:10:43 pm »

Yes, I can post reliably again. I'll be sure to try and stay updated with this again.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 08, 2014, 01:35:52 am »

Also, Kri, shouldn't you update your sig?  I would think three of our bunkers being hit by our own artillery would qualify as an "incident".
+1

You know, I considered it, but I decided that the definition of an 'incident' was that it was a player driven disaster, which (despite the 'burn the Simus!' response to the failure) I didn't feel this was.

I'm trying to think of something else that I wouldn't qualify as an incident in the same vein... You know, I'm going to use my inability to come up with one as evidence that this was indeed an incident. So there you go, counter reset!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 08, 2014, 02:24:37 am »

Also, Kri, shouldn't you update your sig?  I would think three of our bunkers being hit by our own artillery would qualify as an "incident".
+1

You know, I considered it, but I decided that the definition of an 'incident' was that it was a player driven disaster, which (despite the 'burn the Simus!' response to the failure) I didn't feel this was.

I'm trying to think of something else that I wouldn't qualify as an incident in the same vein... You know, I'm going to use my inability to come up with one as evidence that this was indeed an incident. So there you go, counter reset!
How can you not consider it to be an incident?

I mean seriously... Simus' single bombardment killed 4 players and at least one sod, wounded a further 6 players, broke gilgamesh, destroyed 2 bunkers and at least damaged a third.

Hell grate did less damage...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 08, 2014, 02:37:19 am »

Grate broke reality. That's pretty major to me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 08, 2014, 03:52:56 am »

+1

How can you not consider it to be an incident?

I mean seriously... Simus' single bombardment killed 4 players and at least one sod, wounded a further 6 players, broke gilgamesh, destroyed 2 bunkers and at least damaged a third.

Hell grate did less damage...

Because 'incidents' are usually of the supernatural, or at least preternatural, kind. This was just an artillery shell falling short, a rather mundane thing to happen if you ask me. That shit happens in real life all the time, but children tearing apart the fabric of reality? Now that's an event worthy of the label 'incident' in the context of the HMRC/ARM.

Also, again, it wasn't 'Simus her bombardment', any other player ordering it would have gotten the same results (she made no rolls for it and didn't influence them). Hell, just one or two turns before Miya had ordered it and it also hit one of our own bunkers. Just bad luck it happened in the turn she ordered it instead of Miya.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 08, 2014, 04:02:07 am »

Hrmmm. I wonder how much it would cost to convert a battlesuit to be controlled directly by a braincase. It'd be like a mini Avatar.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 08, 2014, 04:33:43 am »

@radio
Im pretty sure me shooting that fuel tank was classed as an incident simply because of the strength of the explosion, so super/preternatural isnt a requirement. It simply has to be a wide reaching or devastating failure, that bombardment was both.

And yes the devastation was just bad luck, but pyro/simus designated the targets and fired without any skill or dynamic bonuses to mitigate possible damage even after seeing what happened when you fired it.
Calling it Simus' bombardment seems fairly accurate to me.

Oh and I distinctly recall you saying that i must take responsibility for all my thundertrons failures up to and including it exploding and killing a teammate. I think this meets the same criteria :P
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 08, 2014, 05:12:36 am »

Clearly whatever parts you salvaged for the Thundertron included all the accuracy-enhancing computers that would have otherwise gone into the artillery cannons. Clearly. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 08, 2014, 06:00:46 am »

@radio
Im pretty sure me shooting that fuel tank was classed as an incident simply because of the strength of the explosion, so super/preternatural isnt a requirement. It simply has to be a wide reaching or devastating failure, that bombardment was both.

And yes the devastation was just bad luck, but pyro/simus designated the targets and fired without any skill or dynamic bonuses to mitigate possible damage even after seeing what happened when you fired it.

Oh and I distinctly recall you saying that i must take responsibility for all my thundertrons failures up to and including it exploding and killing a teammate. I think this meets the same criteria :P

Actually, she just told them which groups to fire into. And I don't think any skill could possibly take effect over a radio or other sort of communication link with whatever gunners we have. And somehow I doubt you would be making such a deal of it being, say, Milno's bombardment had Cael posted the exact same thing I did and with the exact results.

Oh, and the reason you're responsible for the Thundertron is because it's your pet project. Being responsible for whatever a pet scrap project might do and being responsible for literal bad-luck friendly fire from an artillery barrage you were ordered to direct but cannot directly control are not the same.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:04:19 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1454 on: March 08, 2014, 06:29:00 am »

@radio

Still, with that logic, the one responsible would be Miyamoto, since he ordered the artillery built and he ordered Simus to use it. Not that I agree with accusing anyone. It was just bad luck and lack of understanding of what the odds of friendly fire was.It's like saying that if a Sod under my command kills somebody,accidentally, then I'm responsible for that death.
 Because with that logic, you could also be accused, because If you could see that the artillery was dangerous and should not be used, then why didn't you try to convince Miyamoto not to use them or to use them "properly" (if you consider that was possible).
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 06:35:41 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 2205