Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492760 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1365 on: March 05, 2014, 05:29:16 pm »

By the way, is there anything within the ER world you guys would like to learn more about? I ask for reasons.

Humanity's past before the altered wars. How the rest of the ARM are doing. Any races the UWM is t aware of.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:14 pm »

How the Xan plague is spreading, when I get around to making it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: March 05, 2014, 06:13:47 pm »

Yes, I'm shipping Xan x Yoink. What of it? I'm totally not. :p

Also, man, the default forum colors suck. Thanks for the reminder that Darkling is wayyyy better. :P
Despite the fact that I don't know he exists, depending on what state May and Jobasio are in when I get back to the ship I may end up shoving my katana up her ass, so I guess it's valid?

1. Why would Xan even be in the bedroom?
2. Motherfucker is on fire. Literally.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: March 05, 2014, 06:23:37 pm »

He wasn't when I wrote that.
Also I figured they'd be screwing in the hall where May found him.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: March 05, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »

By the way, is there anything within the ER world you guys would like to learn more about? I ask for reasons.
Jump nodes or warp nodes or whatever they're called. How common are they? Are they artificial or natural?
Also, stuff about the early years of humanity's expansion into the stars.
And while I'm at it, how does interstellar communication work? Is there a single unified Internet or what?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: March 05, 2014, 08:11:56 pm »

I want to know more about Nyars.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: March 05, 2014, 08:17:17 pm »

Stacy's getting an amp- good time to be dead!  Surely he won't destroy the Sword with Hephastus-9... right?

The rest of the HMRC Pantheon? 

Also, something bugging me about Steve.  He claims to be housed elsewhere, and is just in touch with us via instantaneous communication.  That said, after the very long jump just prior to Mission 6 (Samsonite Abyss) he says this:

>You know the drill, people, everyone get to the shuttle. I've got 14 years worth of news to check up on. 

Why did he have to catch up to news if he never really left?

Also, more on Nyars sounds good.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1372 on: March 05, 2014, 08:50:27 pm »

This is research I have noted down for when Flint (or my next character if he dies in battle) gets some free time, with the tinker projects removed:

-Is there any other faction with some military or other useful infrastructure we could talk to, someone who could help us? Any megacorporation with its own space marine enforcers? Any large mercenary groups? Criminal syndicates? Smuggling rings? Semi-independent colonies? Hidden rebel groups with extensive communication networks? Groups of spies, trading secrets for money? Aliens willing to trade their fleets for shiny trinkets or a few humans to eat as delicacies? UWM labour unions (or even better some sort of military union)? Anybody we could potentially hire, work/coordinate with or bribe, if only to make things a tad harder for our enemies or give us a small edge in asymmetrical warfare?

-Search about the altered and how they were capable of long range communication and what enabled them to mutate so fast on the internet. If that fails, ask Steve and the doctor.

-Search about the Sword and its past on the internet. If that fails, ask Steve.

-Search about Xenospit (where how and why it is produced) on the internet. If that fails, ask Steve and the doctor.

-Ask Steve who built him, if he remembers anything about them and if he feels anything about them.
   --Ask Steve if he remembers anything from the people he was built.
      ---If yes, ask him if it would be possible to become part of Steve.

-Ask Steve if the Sword was always an HMRC ship. Search internet for more info.

-Ask Steve if there ever was someone on the Sword or generally a non-historical human he really liked.
   --Also ask for favorite historical humans and favorite aliens.

-Ask the doctor whether or not he can sing.
   --Get the AM and the Doctor to sing a duet.
   --Test if the doctor has a sense of humor.

-Ask the AM who was her AM and what happened to them.

-Search for info on anomalous planetoids and jumping. Check if the video I got from the planetoid's past matches the moment it jumped into known space, check star maps and compare video. Check the video from the planetoid jumping for anything unusual.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: March 05, 2014, 10:09:14 pm »

I thought that was the action you posted during the turn when you got murdered?

Spoiler: Spoiler'd for length (click to show/hide)

It's kinda ironic that my natural response to questions going unanswered/being misunderstood is to become more verbose and detailed, despite the fact the length and complexity of a block of text seems to be directly inverse to the likelihood of PW understanding and answering the question.  :\

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1374 on: March 05, 2014, 10:30:54 pm »

Stacy's getting an amp- good time to be dead!  Surely he won't destroy the Sword with Hephastus-9... right?

The rest of the HMRC Pantheon? 

Also, something bugging me about Steve.  He claims to be housed elsewhere, and is just in touch with us via instantaneous communication.  That said, after the very long jump just prior to Mission 6 (Samsonite Abyss) he says this:

>You know the drill, people, everyone get to the shuttle. I've got 14 years worth of news to check up on. 

Why did he have to catch up to news if he never really left?

Also, more on Nyars sounds good.
Lied to keep up the charade of being somewhere on the ship. You really should never assume NPC's are going to be truthful with you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1375 on: March 05, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »

@syvarris: Are you sure you got the hud to work? I don't remember piecewise writing that in a turn. Then again, I read them kinda fast.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1376 on: March 05, 2014, 10:39:18 pm »

I thought that was the action you posted during the turn when you got murdered?

Spoiler: Spoiler'd for length (click to show/hide)

It's kinda ironic that my natural response to questions going unanswered/being misunderstood is to become more verbose and detailed, despite the fact the length and complexity of a block of text seems to be directly inverse to the likelihood of PW understanding and answering the question.  :\

BIG WORDS! PIECEWISE ANGRY!

No, really the problem I have here is that there's this difficulty in adding minor bonuses to things in this game. A d6 doesn't have much room for +1's until it becomes silly.

I suppose it could give 1/3 chances, like stats already do. That could be a thing. 1/3 chance of a +1 on attacks against X types of enemies if you're using the hud, or something.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: March 05, 2014, 10:43:56 pm »

Why amps are vastly more OP than conventional weapons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: March 05, 2014, 10:47:41 pm »

Math.
And they're only OP if you discount the negative effects of overshots.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: March 05, 2014, 10:48:37 pm »

Lied to keep up the charade of being somewhere on the ship. You really should never assume NPC's are going to be truthful with you.

I figured as much, but it was odd enough to deserve an ask.

Because they're more likely to kill you and/or your teammates.  I also theorize there exists a counter for them we don't know of yet.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 2205