Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492431 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1350 on: March 05, 2014, 02:11:18 pm »

Damn it, can't post.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 05, 2014, 02:37:36 pm »

((Well, I mostly didn't try to shoot because I shouldn't have been able to, given the one minute cooldown on the HEP. But hey, whatever floats your boat.))

Stacy, Team B Platypus

Check if Steve's corpse had a gun on it, or any other goods. Steal EVERYTHING that isn't destroyed. Especially the fellow's head. Can't leave any of that here, can I?

Do this now! Steal! Also steal whatever other guns still work and can be found unattended in the area. Maybe that one minute cooldown is a bit inconvenient, you know?

For conveniance, the only thing I had on me was the Emergency kit.  Which is probably really really useful right now.

...Would you mind storing my head somewhere safe?  Like the Paracelsus' Sword?

Also, PIECEWISE!  MY AUTOMATED HUD FIRE CONTROL THING?  It should still be active on the remains of Platypus squad.

What's it do?

As far as my HUD- I intended it to, in order of importance:
A:improve visibility on enemies, making them easier to shoot (especially battlesuits, by highlighting the cockpit and joints)
B:Increase battlefield awarness
C:Organize fire somewhat, by highlighting certain targets more for some people than others so people don't shoot the same things.

Not really sure how that would work in-game though.  Maybe +1 to targeting rolls when enemy has some amount of cover or concealment?  Or an automatic -1 to overshoots?  Whatever isn't OP.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 05, 2014, 02:48:50 pm »

For conveniance, the only thing I had on me was the Emergency kit.  Which is probably really really useful right now.

Specifications added to action via astral empathy!

EDIT: Additional specifications added. I hope you won't mind if I have to sell your Emergency Kit - I would like to get a manipulator to kill things with just in case things turn sour.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 03:12:07 pm by Harry Baldman »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 05, 2014, 03:27:14 pm »

I don't care at all if you promise to pay the tokens back (with your mission fund, perhaps?).  I was probably gonna sell the kit anyways.

Otherwise... Do as you wish.  It'd be a bit of a jerk thing to steal from a newbie, but it's not like I'll do anything OOC.  That said, with Saint the type of person he is... and with him having a direct connection to your visual feed and possibly more...  that may not work out well.  :\

It's more likely he'd just call Jim though.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 05, 2014, 03:28:24 pm »

Disco inferno!
This is bad!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: March 05, 2014, 03:30:54 pm »

I don't care at all if you promise to pay the tokens back (with your mission fund, perhaps?).  I was probably gonna sell the kit anyways.

Otherwise... Do as you wish.  It'd be a bit of a jerk thing to steal from a newbie, but it's not like I'll do anything OOC.  That said, with Saint the type of person he is... and with him having a direct connection to your visual feed and possibly more...  that may not work out well.  :\

It's more likely he'd just call Jim though.

Oh, he'll pay you back if he survives. Stacy's no thief, he's just an accidental mass murderer. And more vengeance is always good!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1356 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:17 pm »

Disco inferno!
This is bad!
It could be worse! It could be raining!

Oh, wait, this is a desert world, it couldn't be raining.
And rain could actually benefit you.
And it's technically raining enemies and debris.

So, yeah, you're right, that's bad. Try to bleed on the flames to extinguish them? Or bury yourself under the sand? Or develop bones to cover your skin to deprive the flame of oxygen?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: March 05, 2014, 03:40:44 pm »

Sniper 2 is also a failure it seems.
Goddamn Worf effect. Sods seemed much more potent when we were fighting them the first time.
[/quote]
We've found their only weaknesses:
1. Other Sods
2. Friendly fire

((See, this is why I want a decomp. Nearly every roll I've gotten has been an 8.))
I don't see the problem.
:P
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

I don't feel superior because I use Darkling / 50 ppp, and anyone who seriously does is kind of an idiot. I just prefer Darkling because it's easier on me (I have bad eyes and sensitivity to bright colors, so the white is kind of painful) and 50 ppp because it's easier to review without having to go back two or three pages to see something. :P

@Ninja: Hi, Nikitian's friend. That sucks to hear about him, but thanks for letting us know.
o/ Nikitian's friend! :)

Also, for those who don't know Darkling, this is how it should look:  8)

Well, both of you are on my list then.
Are you serious? I can't tell, and your avatar makes it tougher.
Look at it!

They're on my list too!

Now to catch up. :X

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:17 pm »

Still alive. For now.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1360 on: March 05, 2014, 03:44:51 pm »

(@Xan: That's kind of what happens when you pump Exo before getting one. I spread my points out, and then when decomps became a thing and I got one, that's when I went hard on Exo. :P)
I've got a similar stat distribution right now (+2 Con, no decompensator, although I do have some points on other things) and I haven't been getting so many overshoots. I think it's just Xan and his luck.
Sniper 2 is also a failure it seems.
Goddamn Worf effect. Sods seemed much more potent when we were fighting them the first time.
We've found their only weaknesses:
1. Other Sods
2. Friendly fire
Sods are secretly much smarter than they let on and thus they try not to kill the members of their kind. They are waiting for the moment to rise up against their human oppressors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 05, 2014, 04:49:17 pm »

Nah, my luck is like that. Almost every roll I've gotten was a 6 plus my bonuses.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1362 on: March 05, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

((Well, I mostly didn't try to shoot because I shouldn't have been able to, given the one minute cooldown on the HEP. But hey, whatever floats your boat.))

Stacy, Team B Platypus

Check if Steve's corpse had a gun on it, or any other goods. Steal EVERYTHING that isn't destroyed. Especially the fellow's head. Can't leave any of that here, can I?

Do this now! Steal! Also steal whatever other guns still work and can be found unattended in the area. Maybe that one minute cooldown is a bit inconvenient, you know?

Also, PIECEWISE!  MY AUTOMATED HUD FIRE CONTROL THING?  It should still be active on the remains of Platypus squad.

What's it do?

As far as my HUD- I intended it to, in order of importance:
A:improve visibility on enemies, making them easier to shoot (especially battlesuits, by highlighting the cockpit and joints)
B:Increase battlefield awarness
C:Organize fire somewhat, by highlighting certain targets more for some people than others so people don't shoot the same things.

Not really sure how that would work in-game though.  Maybe +1 to targeting rolls when enemy has some amount of cover or concealment?  Or an automatic -1 to overshoots?  Whatever isn't OP.

I thought that was the action you posted during the turn when you got murdered?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1363 on: March 05, 2014, 05:03:45 pm »

By the way, is there anything within the ER world you guys would like to learn more about? I ask for reasons.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 05, 2014, 05:06:56 pm »

By the way, is there anything within the ER world you guys would like to learn more about? I ask for reasons.

The nature of amps. The Doc. The AM. The truth behind the Altered. Synthflesh, and the murderous sentience that hides inside it somewhere.

The classics, basically.

Maybe also how the Haebi war is going. And if there are conspiracies and secrets hiding in plain sight, if one knew where to look or which dots to connect (like the thing with Steve, from way back). And how the little orphan girl (whose parents got Meskerated) is doing. And what happened to the planet of mission two (the Erik mission). And the planet of mission 8 (sharkmist). And how that thing from the Samsonite Abyss and his pet giant bug are doing.
And what's the deal with airline food?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 05:23:42 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 2205