Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491539 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1245 on: March 03, 2014, 03:09:58 pm »

You know, Simus really doesn't have anything to do. She wouldn't mind having a ship to order about, especially since she probably has the best battlefield awareness of anyone, being in the control center.
I think I'm gonna give her command of the various artillery, if you feel like directing high-explosive ordnance around. As for the ships, she could do it, but I think Sean would also like to order those around a bit. What do you guys say about both of you doing that? That way, in case either gets in combat the other can take over for a while. Miya could probably do all that himself, but I don't wanna hoard all the fun for myself. And he's busy dismembering sods and stuff, so yeah.

Sure, I'll take care of artillery targeting, as well as some ship controls if Sean will share.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 03, 2014, 03:15:17 pm »

You know, Simus really doesn't have anything to do. She wouldn't mind having a ship to order about, especially since she probably has the best battlefield awareness of anyone, being in the control center.
I think I'm gonna give her command of the various artillery, if you feel like directing high-explosive ordnance around. As for the ships, she could do it, but I think Sean would also like to order those around a bit. What do you guys say about both of you doing that? That way, in case either gets in combat the other can take over for a while. Miya could probably do all that himself, but I don't wanna hoard all the fun for myself. And he's busy dismembering sods and stuff, so yeah.

Sure, I'll take care of artillery targeting, as well as some ship controls if Sean will share.

Kay then. Remember to use them this turn!
One of the heavy artillery is reloading, the other one is ready to fire, these take 2 turns to reload I think.
All six mortars are deployed and ready to fire (none at C team now cause they have a sniper team for support), these take 1 turn to reload I believe.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 03:19:06 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 03, 2014, 04:11:42 pm »

Are those bloater trees Lerman planted at the drop site doing anything?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 03, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

One of the heavy artillery is reloading, the other one is ready to fire, these take 2 turns to reload I think.
All six mortars are deployed and ready to fire (none at C team now cause they have a sniper team for support), these take 1 turn to reload I believe.

Do the mortars have any particular position or would they just move into an appropriate position to fire when ordered?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 03, 2014, 04:18:37 pm »

Do the mortars have any particular position or would they just move into an appropriate position to fire when ordered?

They have a bit limited range, it usually takes 1 turn to move them, though if they are close enough they can move and fire in the same turn I think. Right now 4 are ready to shoot west, two are ready to shoot south I believe.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 03, 2014, 06:48:05 pm »

((Plus, they sent 50 shuttles and we're just fighting the remnants.  Assuming 6 troops per, which I think is roughly comparable to the Sword ones, that's 300 troops, many in battlesuits.  Extrapolate that outward and there were probably at least 20 battlesuits to start with.))

Plus, this is only stuff sent from the first of several ships, if I recall.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 03, 2014, 09:02:19 pm »

@ GWG: The maxims they are referring to are from schlock mercenary, I think. But kudos on trying the research!
I knew all except the schlock, but still felt that those were...shall we say...unexpected search results. I did eventually find most of them (see below).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schlock_Mercenary#The_Seventy_Maxims_of_Maximally_Effective_Mercenaries
may be considered spoilers
Whatever happened to the other 23?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 03, 2014, 09:17:37 pm »

The predominance of amps certainly makes for a boring battle. :(
C'mon people, more dakka!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 03, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »

YOU GOTTA KEEP REPLYING ON THE ON-SHIP THREAD YOINK
FOR THE CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
ITS THE ONLY THING STOPPING THE EMPEROR
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 03, 2014, 09:27:26 pm »

((If you guys insist on attacking the southern battlesuits could you please put in a clause to refrain from finishing them off if i have already incapacitated them?))
You left out your team name again.

In any case, if you mean the battlesuits specifically, I would expect them to be heat resistant and hard to heat up uniformly, and imagine that trying to heat pockets inside them while heating a cloud around them would be pretty difficult. So the battlesuits are actually the last thing I'd expect it to be redundant to kill. I guess I might as well add a clause for that anyway, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 03, 2014, 09:39:12 pm »

((If you guys insist on attacking the southern battlesuits could you please put in a clause to refrain from finishing them off if i have already incapacitated them?))
You left out your team name again.

In any case, if you mean the battlesuits specifically, I would expect them to be heat resistant and hard to heat up uniformly, and imagine that trying to heat pockets inside them while heating a cloud around them would be pretty difficult. So the battlesuits are actually the last thing I'd expect it to be redundant to kill. I guess I might as well add a clause for that anyway, though.
I guess i could limit myself to simply heating a single pilots brain, although it would probably be pretty easy to get them both if Xan used his mass amp on the cockipit releases.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 03, 2014, 09:42:15 pm »

I guess i could limit myself to simply heating a single pilots brain, although it would probably be pretty easy to get them both if Xan used his mass amp on the cockipit releases.
I'd just keep trying to nail the entire cluster, since we've already got someone working on each battlesuit but mainly just vague fire for everything else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 03, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »

@ GWG

Because the webcartoonist hasn't posted all of them yet. He usually posts them when they are relevant to whats going on in the webcomic
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 03, 2014, 10:40:01 pm »

@ GWG

Because the webcartoonist hasn't posted all of them yet. He usually posts them when they are relevant to whats going on in the webcomic
Oh.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1259 on: March 03, 2014, 11:50:33 pm »

@syvarris: Why not just test the HUD on your own suit and then upload it to the rest if it's working instead of risking doing bad things to the rest of your team? Even if the chances of something bad happening are low, I don't see any benefit for not trying it out on yourself first.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 2205