Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486440 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1020 on: February 24, 2014, 09:58:19 am »

Well, you got a good clue on the second to last hit there, but it's actually in Anton's inventory on the Wiki.

The Red Hand is - was - a Hand Laser. A Hand Laser is normally an armored glove with a built-in micro laser. The Red Hand is a Hand Laser expanded into a full armored gauntlet, with a powerful generator - more powerful than what powers the Gungnir - custom-built into the forearm portion. The practical upshot of that is a ridiculously heavy gauntlet with a puny laser that doesn't need to be recharged.

Oh, and whenever it's in atmosphere it will shoot lightning. And you can lightning-punch people even in space. And it has a nonlethal "taser" setting that I recommend you keep it on by default.

It can also act as a weak laser cutter and an arc welder. It's a neat little thing.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 24, 2014, 10:23:47 am »

Well, you got a good clue on the second to last hit there,
*checks again*
Whoops.

Anyways, the Red Hand sounds...neat, but as you noted I don't see Grate having a big need for it. Especially if he can build his own, larger one with the...whatever we want to call it.

On that note, anyone have any idea of what would need enough power to fully utilize it? Or at least make it...great?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 24, 2014, 10:28:24 am »

How large is it exactly? Depending on the size you could conceivably use it for some kind of Iron Man-like power armor. Get some superconductors and create an electric rocket flight system, compact and powerful but monstrously efficient. Get cracking on creating compact high-yield energy weapons. It'll all depend on how much we can get away with during the accelerated production time on Hephaestus.

Also the Red Hand cost me like 5 token. Even if Anton never managed to hit anything with it, the sheer utility of it is quite good for that price. And I'm planning on perfecting that aspect of it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 10:30:10 am by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 24, 2014, 10:35:20 am »

Electric rocket? How does that work? Wouldn't you need propellant?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 24, 2014, 10:36:45 am »

On that note, anyone have any idea of what would need enough power to fully utilize it? Or at least make it...great?
((The only EXO item I've noticed anyone try to develop in tinker could use that kind of power to upscale its size, range, and duration to terrifyingly high levels and yet the core design would only need minimal changes to make proper use of it. see below.))

((The lack of telekinetic fireballs and monofilament bolas in my tinker repository saddens me greatly :(

Why the lack of interest? It would help piecewise not forget your creations.))
((incomplete design, I have some options for how I want to go to handle the token costs, my current plans involve removing the automanip and making having a microwave amp/manip mandatory for useage. here's the relevant quotes from a notepad doc I keep around:
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 24, 2014, 10:45:26 am »

Electric rocket? How does that work? Wouldn't you need propellant?
Well, theoretically you could create protons out of energy and accelerate yourself on those, but I meant the kind of electric propulsion that exists IRL - magnetoplasmadynamic thrusters, for instance.

You spend massive amounts of energy to accelerate your propellant (more like reaction mass) out of your engines, so you get more acceleration per unit of mass spent. It only makes for rather weak engines IRL, because power requirements are massive and there are other issues - but we have automanipulators and an alien power source here. You could have a backpack rocket pack with a flight time measured in days.

In retrospect, it's a little like strapping yourself to a giant particle cannon and flying on the recoil. The Kzinti Lesson and all that, but who cares for bystanders and collateral damage, right?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 24, 2014, 10:50:41 am »

Ooh, neat.

I'm starting to wonder if I'll be making multiple things with a slot for the power source. I also wonder if I could reproduce it...that would be AWESOME.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 24, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

If it's a big enough power source to power an entire alien base, it should power any equipment you're carrying.  Perhaps a DIY battlesuit with no regard for power efficiency?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1028 on: February 24, 2014, 12:07:09 pm »

Just a reminder that piecewise goes on ehhh probably about a week's vacation starting march 11. Which is, at current count,

14 days, 13 hours and 53 minutes away.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 24, 2014, 12:23:23 pm »

Will you try and wrap up the invasion by then?
Sig

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 24, 2014, 01:50:16 pm »

Will you try and wrap up the invasion by then?
Unlikely unless someone overloads a manip. That tends to make missions shorter.
I am NOT suggesting to overload a manip.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 24, 2014, 01:52:18 pm »

Yeah, that sort of win only works when you're the away team.  Now we're the home team.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 24, 2014, 01:55:38 pm »

Unless we all use gravity manipulators and smack the incoming fleet with the moon.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 24, 2014, 02:05:00 pm »

Actions for the timeskip:
-Go to Simus and create a copy of my brain with my personality. Excrete it with enough biomass to build a body the size of a Golden Retriever and give it to Simus to store in a hidden box or something.
-Then head back to the ship and spend the year practicing shapeshifting so I can do it more times before I run out of biomass reserves.
-Oh, and kill and consume that goddamn fishman.
-Test out that katana I recieved from the Christmas draw on various targets.
-Search up that Halstrom effect or whatever it was that synth flesh exhibits in large amounts.
-Buy and get a Mass Manipulator Amp installed (7 token).

A dog sized brain copy was created. It is of...questionable correctness.
Will increased to 25.
You eat him with eel sauce.
It's just a normal katana, from what you can see.
I believe  we already went over that, if not in character, but it basically means that synthflesh defies physics at an increasing degree as more of it gets together.
Bought and installed.
Shouldn't the Fishman be added to the wall of rememberance? He was technically a player character.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 24, 2014, 02:05:10 pm »

Algis save us all.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 2205