Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486919 times)

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #1005 on: February 23, 2014, 09:06:46 pm »

I don't think I'm on a defense team, what should Mesk be doing?

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: February 23, 2014, 09:25:59 pm »

What happened to your finger? And the wall?

My finger went in partway, stopped, I pulled it out, and not a thing changed.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: February 23, 2014, 09:43:34 pm »

I don't think I'm on a defense team, what should Mesk be doing?

Join a team at the last minute.  I recommend E or A, because neither of them have a medic beyond a sod with an emergency kit.

Otherwise... hide in a building?  Just sit around until people start dying, then run to where you're needed?

I have a question myself: who's manning our artillery?  Steve?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: February 23, 2014, 10:13:05 pm »

Oh. I thought you meant the finger got halfway through before it returned to reality.
Halfway through the wall, or halfway up the finger?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: February 23, 2014, 10:23:06 pm »

Oh. I thought you meant the finger got halfway through before it returned to reality.
Halfway through the wall, or halfway up the finger?

The finger, I believe.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: February 23, 2014, 10:23:53 pm »

Say, did anyone else buy NaissanceE?

If so, did anyone else find the wide-open dark room in the 'going down' level, and if so did they actually try to explore it?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: February 23, 2014, 11:22:11 pm »

Last ditch defense. If something tries to eat you, use that to make it throw you up.
I can't even touch it without hallucinating. And the hallucinations probably don't get better the longer you touch it...
When something is in the process of eating you, I don't think getting it to touch the thing would be such a big problem.

Worst come to worst, use it for a drinking game. Touch the alien thing or drink a shot of HMRC standard. In game terms, it would be Will rolls VS End rolls, with the added bonus that failing End rolls would make failing Will rolls easier.
When something eats Grate, but swallows him whole instead of chewing, he'll just die and respawn in his stomach. Over and over again. Huh, that's a method of murder we haven't tried yet: killing stuff through indigestion.
I don't think so.
Most likely he'll respawn at the point before there was danger. Otherwise we'd have a Grate continuously exploding in the middle of Hephaestus.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: February 23, 2014, 11:29:55 pm »

Say, did anyone else buy NaissanceE?

If so, did anyone else find the wide-open dark room in the 'going down' level, and if so did they actually try to explore it?

Yes.  Yes.  Yes.

Knowing that door was there, opening into the infinite black expanse, was very unsettling.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: February 24, 2014, 12:29:31 am »

I don't see Thomas attached to a team on the wikia. Am I mistaken, or what?
You never said you wanted to join this mission, so you aren't assigned to a team. Wanna join?
Yes, please. Was it in the OOC thread or one of the In-character threads? I haven't been keeping up to date on a few, which has been a big mistake. Sorry for the inconvinience.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: February 24, 2014, 08:55:30 am »

I don't think so.
Most likely he'll respawn at the point before there was danger. Otherwise we'd have a Grate continuously exploding in the middle of Hephaestus.
Why do you say that? Outside post-Grate-32 wasn't terribly safe, but he respawned there. I suppose the fan's a potential counter-example, but it seems likelier to me that it just sends you back a few seconds.
Especially since that's the safer thing to assume.

Seeing Charro awkwardly flustered by the situation at hand puts May in a playful, teasing mood. She picks up the magazine from his grasp, tossing it to the side. "Then I suppose you wouldn't mind getting the real thing?"
"Everyone else is getting ready to make war. Let's make love instead."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: February 24, 2014, 09:05:51 am »

In the end, are you interested in selling your generator artifact or have you decided to keep it?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: February 24, 2014, 09:08:47 am »

Grate is better off keeping that artifact, especially if he stays on Hephaestus. It might not be of immediate use to him, but we'll have much more time here after the Sword leaves to crack its usefulness and make something neat out of it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: February 24, 2014, 09:20:10 am »

In the end, are you interested in selling your generator artifact or have you decided to keep it?
Unless someone offers me a really good offer, I'll probably keep it until such time as piecewise says I absolutely cannot tap its power-generating qualities.
Sig

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: February 24, 2014, 09:34:27 am »

Anton could trade it for the Red Hand, since it's pretty much the only weapon Grate would be unlikely to kill himself with, but it might need some refitting for Grate's smaller forearm. Plus Grate is better off staying out of combat either way.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: February 24, 2014, 09:45:44 am »

What's the--

To repeat myself from before: do yer own research!

Okay.

What's the Red Hand?
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 2205