Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487416 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #975 on: February 22, 2014, 06:42:44 pm »

Hey, chill. Nyars is a lottery. You never know what you'll get. Besides, all the items gotten from Nyars have been useful in some way, even if they're really dangerous to use.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 22, 2014, 06:47:37 pm »

As you very well know.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 22, 2014, 07:15:02 pm »

GWG, that thing's an alien power source. Try getting a lightbulb and some wires. Poke the thing with the wires and see if you can get the lightbulb to light up. If you can harness the electricity in it then it will be a near infinite power source.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #978 on: February 22, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »

The pyramid was controlled via Will. Maybe this is similar. Aliens are known for their hate for putting buttons and/or instructions on devices.

Also, living crystal = crystalline projector.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 22, 2014, 07:43:01 pm »

I'm actually considering buying that alien power source in case it's the same as back then. Though Milno snagged it during the first mission, my intentions are far from making a keychain out of it to hang it on my suit's belt as a nostalgic trinket. In case there's a good way to harness that thing's energy, I think it's in fact one of the most efficient - and less likely to kill you - artifacts. At the very least I bet it's far more powerful than any 5 token generator you could buy.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 07:44:59 pm by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 22, 2014, 08:30:23 pm »

Who has that phase armor from nyars? I want it. You could walk up to anyone and slap them.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 22, 2014, 08:50:17 pm »

Go find 'Team B' and join them as I am the lonely post-human unpicked for the teams.
Weren't you assigned and going to Team C?

Hey, chill. Nyars is a lottery. You never know what you'll get. Besides, all the items gotten from Nyars have been useful in some way, even if they're really dangerous to use.
That's the thing. I'm not seeing any use for the device at the moment. None. Zip. Nada. It's neat, but it's a complete waste of basically everything I have.

GWG, that thing's an alien power source. Try getting a lightbulb and some wires. Poke the thing with the wires and see if you can get the lightbulb to light up. If you can harness the electricity in it then it will be a near infinite power source.
That's the thing. If I can...well, great. But wouldn't that be something they should have, you know, mentioned?
And one infinite power source isn't terribly useful, because it can really only power one thing.

I'm sure there's some use for the damn thing, but hell if I can think of anything that might recoup the cost.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 22, 2014, 08:50:31 pm »

Who has that phase armor from nyars? I want it. You could walk up to anyone and slap them.

I do. And you can't have it.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 22, 2014, 08:57:56 pm »

:(

Are you even using it?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 22, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »

That's the thing. I'm not seeing any use for the device at the moment. None. Zip. Nada. It's neat, but it's a complete waste of basically everything I have.

That's the thing. If I can...well, great. But wouldn't that be something they should have, you know, mentioned?
And one infinite power source isn't terribly useful, because it can really only power one thing.

I'm sure there's some use for the damn thing, but hell if I can think of anything that might recoup the cost.
Wrong. Electricity can be split. You could power many things with it at the same time.
And saying the device doesn't have any use is inaccurate. It has multiple uses. Hallucination attack, possible power source. It just doesn't have any you like. If you really want, you could even sell it to Milno for tokens.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 22, 2014, 09:30:39 pm »

Wrong. Electricity can be split. You could power many things with it at the same time.
If it's all in the same suit, or the same base, or the same ship, you're basically just powering the suit/base/ship.

And saying the device doesn't have any use is inaccurate. It has multiple uses. Hallucination attack, possible power source. It just doesn't have any you like can use. If you really want, you could even sell it to Milno for tokens.
As to the first use: Barely any use, high probability of backfire, and no way in Hell is Grate either going to throw his valuable (and expensive) alien artifact at someone or enter melee range.
As to the second: What would Grate have to power, and how could he tap it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 22, 2014, 09:33:16 pm »

I don't see Thomas attached to a team on the wikia. Am I mistaken, or what?

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 22, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »

Just have Grate lick it and wait for something to happen.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 22, 2014, 09:39:39 pm »

Just have Grate lick it and wait for something to happen.
He'd just hallucinate a bit.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 22, 2014, 10:22:11 pm »

Are you even using it?

She's worn it constantly since she got it.  It's saved her ass several times- I wouldn't sell it either.  (Note- she got fullbotted before she got it.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 2205