Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487595 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #960 on: February 21, 2014, 11:09:21 pm »

GWG, here's how you pick it up without hallucinations:

It's a grabbing stick. Simple enough.
Is it even solid?

Also, I think charged bonuses should only act as negative modifiers to reduce overshoots. Because the game will run faster if people don't wait a billion turns to act.
Because people who weren't stuck waiting in the antechamber of a fleshorror were doing that.

Uhm, the system is not limited to +/-1.  There's no cap, as has been pretty well demonstrated by various people in various threads.  Unless I missed a memo from PW.  I'm pretty sure Saint has never rolled anything aside from AUX:5's.

And yes, almost every fleshtech has significant medical training in their backstory.  Previously, a fleshtech's... variable performance was usually handwaved as "You're in a panicked, stressful situation, rather than a nice clean surgical operating room with several helpers and plenty of time.  You'll make mistakes."  It doesn't make sense that a doctor with plenty of time to prepare can't get a guaranteed five.  Or a sniper.  Or a mechanic.  It makes even less sense that the person only has a one in six chance of not making some form of mistake.
Wasn't your comment about people without training?

Also, why would Xan/whoever being able to get guaranteed fives on uncon rolls be bad?  He could buy two freaking Avatars of War for the tokens he'd need...
If he did that, no problem. If he did it just by building dynamic bonuses for free...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 21, 2014, 11:35:54 pm »

The artifact is not solid. Milno poked it with his rifle in mission 1 and it passed right through.
Guess my solution was a dumb one.

It either requires something alive, or sentient to pick it up. Ask Xan or the Doc to make a living tool to manipulate the artifact? Or find some way to become hallucination proof.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 21, 2014, 11:37:18 pm »

Yay. I can invoke hallucination in enemies I can hit with my lack of combat skills, at close range.

By the way, did anyone ever figure out how to use it as a power thingy?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 21, 2014, 11:55:24 pm »

No ones seen that thing since mission 1. At least none of the players have. You could ask the guys in the research labs.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 22, 2014, 12:11:36 am »

Wait, am I in team D?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 22, 2014, 12:14:38 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 22, 2014, 12:22:14 am »

Ah, didn't think of that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #967 on: February 22, 2014, 07:51:15 am »

Last ditch defense. If something tries to eat you, use that to make it throw you up.
I can't even touch it without hallucinating. And the hallucinations probably don't get better the longer you touch it...
When something is in the process of eating you, I don't think getting it to touch the thing would be such a big problem.

Worst come to worst, use it for a drinking game. Touch the alien thing or drink a shot of HMRC standard. In game terms, it would be Will rolls VS End rolls, with the added bonus that failing End rolls would make failing Will rolls easier.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 22, 2014, 10:51:19 am »

Gah... I can't seem to find what team I'm supposed to be on... I think I'm in assault somewhere but Angel doesn't show up in the wiki entry and I can't find the post with everyone on right now, can anyone help?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 22, 2014, 11:02:53 am »

Part of your character's name is 'Berach'. You're in Team D.

Phoenix Flame

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 22, 2014, 11:08:42 am »

Part of your character's name is 'Berach'. You're in Team D.

Ha! You know I'd completely forgotton I'd given his pre-aug name... Serves me right for putting too much thought into the background :D

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 22, 2014, 02:42:49 pm »

No ones seen that thing since mission 1. At least none of the players have. You could ask the guys in the research labs.
I tried to retroactively do that.

When something is in the process of eating you, I don't think getting it to touch the thing would be such a big problem.
The problem isn't getting it to touch the enemy, it's getting it to the enemy without crippling hallucinations.

Worst come to worst, use it for a drinking game. Touch the alien thing or drink a shot of HMRC standard. In game terms, it would be Will rolls VS End rolls, with the added bonus that failing End rolls would make failing Will rolls easier.
Eh.
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #972 on: February 22, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »

There are many ways to solve that problem, if you just think for a moment.

How was it held in the capsule? How are you carrying it now? You can ask Xan to make something living to carry it or use some living crystal to make a spear to stab it. If all else fails, you can use the capsule it was in to make a tool to hold it.

Plus, you are carrying that thing and something eats you. It is impossible for whatever has eaten you to not touch it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 22, 2014, 04:13:57 pm »

else go to rally point and gather throw-able rocks
...Please tell me that you have a manipulator or amp and that Team A's first line of defense doesn't half consist of someone throwing stones at people.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: February 22, 2014, 06:23:04 pm »

How was it held in the capsule?
Hell if I know.

How are you carrying it now?
With my locker. And the box it came in.

You can ask Xan to make something living to carry it or use some living crystal to make a spear to stab it. If all else fails, you can use the capsule it was in to make a tool to hold it.
"Living crystal"?

Plus, you are carrying that thing and something eats you. It is impossible for whatever has eaten you to not touch it.
Unless the carrying device gets in the way.

Overall, I'm highly disappointed with what I got. Neat, it's from an old mission, but 5 tokens could have gotten me cameyes, or a Mk. II suit, or a tesla saber, or a crystalline projector. Previous Nyars medium boxes...the wiki's acting up, but I'm damn sure they were more than a some-assembly-required short-range hallucination inducer. I think I got gipped, unless there's some hidden use I can't see.
Goddammit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 2205