Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487288 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #900 on: February 20, 2014, 03:54:32 pm »

It probably has an impact driven extra short range radio that broadcasts a shutdown command for braincases.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 20, 2014, 05:33:07 pm »

piecewise pretty heavily implied that they would work if I had a way of dispersing them.
Hard data > speculation

(in this case, Hard data = thorough VR testing)

Indeed?
I meant that you could do some research yourself so you can really work out that project, including the exact mix and such.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: February 20, 2014, 08:19:09 pm »

Pyro:  You may have missed it, but I'm interested in the specs/costs of your launcher.  What do the cheap grenades cost?

Unknown. The first set were packaged with the prototype, in parts. The next 5 were complete, and free.

However, I might be able make a reasonable estimate, though, since tokens are a medium of trust and not based of off how cheap the item is resource-wise, it might be entirely inaccurate... say, 3 tokens for the launcher itself, comes with 3 grenades of any variety that's publicly available (no ClF3 grenades for you). 2 tokens for a pack of 5 grenades, again, any public variety. PW might have it higher simply by virtue that these things can turn good chunks of entire buildings to rubble, if you do it right wrong (it was an overshot. A very useful overshot).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 08:21:34 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 20, 2014, 09:04:00 pm »

piecewise pretty heavily implied that they would work if I had a way of dispersing them.
Hard data > speculation

(in this case, Hard data = thorough VR testing)
True enough, but I'd say piecewise's statement is pretty close to hard data...and without any data of any kind suggesting otherwise, it's a good working assumption until I get time to confirm.

Indeed?
I meant that you could do some research yourself so you can really work out that project, including the exact mix and such.
[/quote]
Indeed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 20, 2014, 10:23:51 pm »

Pyro:  You may have missed it, but I'm interested in the specs/costs of your launcher.  What do the cheap grenades cost?

Unknown. The first set were packaged with the prototype, in parts. The next 5 were complete, and free.

However, I might be able make a reasonable estimate, though, since tokens are a medium of trust and not based of off how cheap the item is resource-wise, it might be entirely inaccurate... say, 3 tokens for the launcher itself, comes with 3 grenades of any variety that's publicly available (no ClF3 grenades for you). 2 tokens for a pack of 5 grenades, again, any public variety. PW might have it higher simply by virtue that these things can turn good chunks of entire buildings to rubble, if you do it right wrong (it was an overshot. A very useful overshot).

Huh.  Tempting.

Wonder how hard it would be to convert it to be usable by the battlesuit?  Or cost to scale it up appropriately?  (XXL ClF3 nades anyone?)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 20, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »

Dear god. A battlesuit sized grenade launcher. Yeah. Go ahead, I'll just stand waaaaay back here.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 20, 2014, 11:05:31 pm »

It's already usable by battlesuit, just like a gauss or laser rifle is.

Besides, scale it up much more and you've got light artillery. Thing's 50mm already. Here's a rough idea of what it is now. Scaling it up to battlesuit size would make it... 75mm, if I scale it linearly. Scaling linear to Avatar-sized, it'd be 125mm.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 11:08:48 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 21, 2014, 12:57:22 am »

Besides, scale it up much more and you've got light artillery.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Seriously though, I picture the battlesuit as having much larger hands that can't hold standard weapons (or at least fit a finger in the trigger guard).  Is that just handwaved away?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 21, 2014, 01:06:21 am »

How big are battlesuits? Here I was thinking that they're 3 meters tall.

Plus I got a robohand! Should I replace it with a flamethrower or something?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 21, 2014, 02:16:45 am »

Aww yiss, just one more level and I'll have a +2 in both Will and Exotic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: February 21, 2014, 03:29:29 am »

That gives you a chance of getting 8's! Plus then you'd never fail, you'd just have horrible side effects instead.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 21, 2014, 03:33:17 am »

Well yeah, my ultimate aim is to get a +4 in both Will and Exotic, a matter converter amp, a perfect will decomp and a perfect exotic decomp.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 21, 2014, 03:34:34 am »

A +4 would just mean you'd win so hard you fail, for 5/6ths of the time. I'd rather get a one then a ten.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 21, 2014, 03:40:05 am »

How big are battlesuits? Here I was thinking that they're 3 meters tall.

Plus I got a robohand! Should I replace it with a flamethrower or something?
I think they're 4 or 5, but I can't swear to that. It's come up before, but I don't remember it well.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 21, 2014, 03:46:28 am »

By the by, if Faith needs a weapon, Anton has an electrolaser rifle he isn't likely to be (and is better off not) using. It should still have around three quarters of the "electro" charge remaining, and it's an infinite laser rifle otherwise.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 2205