Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489163 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #825 on: February 18, 2014, 11:56:05 am »

Did we ever figure out what the lines meant?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: February 18, 2014, 12:11:12 pm »

Not definitely, hence why I want the vertical line - it and, I think diagonal line, are the least-seen yet. It kind of looks like they might denote origin.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: February 18, 2014, 12:25:34 pm »

Edit: Oh, whoever got the small anatomy robot, give it a kinetic amp. Would be great for pranks.
"Hey little guy. Give me 5."
*splat*
"Aaaah! My arm!"
Kinetic amps square the force. 1 N*->1 N, 2 N->4 N, etc. Hence, 0.01 N->0.0001 N, which is even less.

*Newton, or kg*m/s2.

Not definitely, hence why I want the vertical line - it and, I think diagonal line, are the least-seen yet. It kind of looks like they might denote origin.
Noted.
...I wonder if I should try a Nyars box.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #828 on: February 18, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »

So the question becomes in what unit does Cthulu measure force?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: February 18, 2014, 01:05:26 pm »

A R'lyeh large number of Newtons.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: February 18, 2014, 01:12:42 pm »

3   Kinetic Amplifier
[...]
May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth.
Newtons, or something close.

EDIT: Dear pieceise, please don't hate me for trying to cram a year of testing into a single post.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:25:37 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: February 18, 2014, 01:39:49 pm »

3   Kinetic Amplifier
[...]
May not seem like much, but when 3000 newtons becomes 9000000 newtons you'll gain a new respect for exponential growth.
Newtons, or something close.

EDIT: Dear pieceise, please don't hate me for trying to cram a year of testing into a single post.
Cue Grate being sent to the knee-beating room.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: February 18, 2014, 01:54:53 pm »

I AM SO GODDAMN HAPPY THE SEARCH FUNCTION WORKS AGAIN. RESEARCH HOOO!

Such as this:
When it comes to duel wielding or holding a rifle in one hand or something, the -1 comes from the difficulty in aiming as well as you can if holding it with two hands. Not so much the weight as the dexterity problem of it, since rifles are rather long and ungainly to fire unless you're steadying it. Things like battle suits and Avatars can duel wield it though because they're not as prone to problems with handling. same goes for anyone with synth arms. You could probably even simply learn to wield two rifles effectively through real combat experience fighting in such a way.
Meaning Miya can use his laser and Christmas present at the same time without much hassle. Woo!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: February 18, 2014, 02:02:03 pm »

I need to get four gauss rifles and Contra this invasion. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: February 18, 2014, 02:08:58 pm »

I need to get four gauss rifles and Contra this invasion. :P
I think that'd be closer to MDK 2, actually. With a shade of this. :P
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: February 18, 2014, 02:13:12 pm »

I hated MDK though and never played MDK2. :-X Meanwhile, Contra (particularly The Alien Wars) is top shelf. :p
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: February 18, 2014, 02:15:36 pm »

I hated MDK though and never played MDK2. :-X Meanwhile, Contra (particularly The Alien Wars) is top shelf. :p
I preferred the Hard Corps, myself.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: February 18, 2014, 02:18:36 pm »

The Genesis one right? Yeah, it was OK. I usually played as Sheila Sheena (whoops) and Brownie. I still preferred TAW though. :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: February 18, 2014, 02:29:32 pm »

The Genesis one right? Yeah, it was OK. I usually played as Sheila Sheena (whoops) and Brownie. I still preferred TAW though. :P
The regular Contras are too much run&gun for me. Hard Corps with the constant mini- and micro-bosses felt much more interesting. And yeah, Brownie was... unusual. Very unconventional weapons. I tended to play Fang more often though, just for fun. The guy is sheer DPS, but with either limited reach or slow single shots. Does make most of the stationary bosses a breeze though.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: February 18, 2014, 02:32:50 pm »

Fang was kinda cool but he was kind of big; always felt like I got killed WAY more when I played him. Never played Ray, though. Don't know why.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 2205