Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2490238 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2014, 04:54:56 pm »

Will Steve mine the jump point the fleet will return from or do we have to expend RUs for that?

Does this system have any facilities on other planets, moons or asteroids? Any sensor arrays?

It will cost RU. Though, it's a pretty good idea.

Nothing really. There are a few sensors on the moon and scattered around on other planets, but mostly just basic monitoring stations so Hephaestus can keep an eye on the solar system.
So, any of our tech guys wanna try making some Terror-Drone missiles to put near the jump point?
Or just spam some nukes there if you think killing and/or EMPing the ships is prefferable to trying to capture them intact.

Then again, mining the jump point means we loose the element of surprise. They'll know something is definitely wrong the moment they go through the jump point.
Then again, depending on what kind of sensors they got, they can just scan the planet and they'll know.
EDIT: Then again, it might be worth the cost of loosing the element of surprise in exchange for killing lots of things before they even have a chance to land.

I also suggest we move and camouflage the sensor arrays a bit. Knowing what's going on in space would be useful.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 05:01:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2014, 05:03:13 pm »

Make the mines, seed them in the orbit the fleet is most likely to take, and have them run silent. Just deactivate everything. Have them covered in a stone-like substance, and voila, space debris. Fleet arrives, enters orbit, activate the mines. Mines detonate, maybe kill the smaller ones, possibly damage the bigger ones, and have a chance to damage the rails the weapons sit on, possibly the weapons themselves.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 05, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »

I'll try making the Terror Drones after I get my Weevil tank working, but I'll make them also capable of attacking cities as decon droids.

http://www.deltaveng.com/gauss-machine-gun/: I want this too.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 07:01:41 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #453 on: February 05, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »

I dunno. Terror Drones work best either in closed spaces, where they can make ambushes, against fleshy targets, on ships, where they can take control of them or in large numbers, when they can swarm targets (and combine into larger bots if possible). So if you're going to build enough of them to take over a city, you're better off spending those resources making Snowglobe robots. Got the idea from a combination of the Terror Drones from red alert 2 and the Vaygr capture frigates from Homeworld 2.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 05, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »

As I said, I'll finish the Weevil tank first, which should be pretty soon. Getting the little shits to self-replicate their different types automatically is gonna be a bitch. Also I am worried they'll become sentient and go on a planet-destroying rampage.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #455 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12:21 pm »

Depends on what you mean by sentient. They're not going to suddenly decide they're the master race. They might misinterprete their orders or act in unpredictable ways. And teaching them how to build others is not that hard. The repair bots we have here can already do that. It's a question of them having the right parts and being strong and smart(have the right tactics) to kill their enemies.

Note to self: Price check for repair bots.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:14:06 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:10 pm »

So they are all war-waging bastards? Damn. We should save intelligent species if we can, because eventually some alien bigger, nastier and more angry is going to slam into the UWM. Bonus points if the UWM attacks a primitive world and they are saved by a precursor race.

Nope. Most don't even know the UWM exists, and are somewhere around the stone age, possibly bronze. The rest are neutral, with a few being actively hostile, and there are possibly a few the UWM tip toes around, hoping they ignore us.

Also, if any try to pop a telescope and look up, the first thing they see is 10 ton chunks of solid metal coming down in a grid formation.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 05, 2014, 08:47:27 pm »

Lets totally piss of the scary ones! Or at least try and make contact. Either way, comedy will ensue.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 05, 2014, 09:30:56 pm »

Awesome, a subforum!

One thing I do have to ask is if the comm systems are jammed, how the hells are the council able to dictate the terms the planet must be taken under? I mean, with the comms jammed, no-one's going to really notice an orbital bombardment until after it clears up...
They'd be
And do you really think that extensive orbital bombardment would be so easy to cover up? There would be massive evidence in the form of lots of destroyed buildings, and either witnesses or a suspicious lack of people on Hephaestus.

Spoiler: Tank Haven galore (click to show/hide)
I am the very model of a modern major ve-hi-cle...

Lets totally piss of the scary ones! Or at least try and make contact. Either way, comedy will ensue.
You are an idiot if you really want to "piss off" the scary aliens. They are scary for a reason.
But yeah, alien contact could be useful. Maybe.

Hmmm, no im pretty fucking certain that explicitly states she turned off all the machines and murdered Auron, hence me/auron cracking the shits that shes getting off scott free. You may not like it, but its a fact and denying it wont change that.
Awesome, you were off life support for like five seconds, maybe your brainwaves flickered off for a second. Again: SO WHAT?
I hate when people ignore my tough questions, I just hate it...

As for the shocking, pyro asked for it more than once.
Find all the times.

And subordination. We are a bunch of convicts... respecting authority isnt exactly synonymous with prisoners, if i want to ignore an order to not use the scrap for personal use so that i can build a tank for communal use im gonna build the tank 9 times out of 10.
"I've been convicted for three felonies, you can't really expect me to follow the laws, can you officer?"

(D)emand justice once more.
Yes, because repeatedly badgering the people in charge after they've made it clear that they're already being more lenient than they feel they ought, and that they have made their final, non-negotiable decision, is always a way to get what you want.
They already know. You told them both. You'll probably come off as a whiny childish person.
STOP. You're digging yourself deeper.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 05, 2014, 09:45:25 pm »

So now that we have a subboard, who's going to volunteer to go through the mission thread and pull the old missions into their own thread?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 05, 2014, 09:52:37 pm »

Oh snap.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:13 pm »

Woah, we have a subboard.

And it's explicit. >_<

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 05, 2014, 09:54:35 pm »

Oh hey, this got its own sub-board. Good on yah.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 05, 2014, 09:57:17 pm »

I didn't even know you could put a child board inside a child board.

The "babies giving birth in the womb" reference has been said enough, but I think in this case we can bear through it again.

This is awesome.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 05, 2014, 10:02:31 pm »

And it's explicit. >_<

Oh good, we can post erotic Steve fanart now.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 2205