Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489575 times)

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #435 on: February 05, 2014, 04:18:28 pm »

And sort of time travel.

Oh and that pixel art is awesome.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: February 05, 2014, 04:21:30 pm »

Now for more modifications!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: February 05, 2014, 04:21:51 pm »

I call dibs on driving Tweedledum. None may surpass the power of dibs.

Also, I raise my question about other alien races again. Are all aliens dicks or are some of them reasonable to talk to?

Moar allies, moar war.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: February 05, 2014, 04:22:47 pm »

ER doesn't have FTL like Star Trek, where there is a fancy lump of technosorcery. Scattered around the universe are anomalous space wedgies called Jump Points, which are linked together. Enter one point, pop out another. However, these points are not exactly reliable. You can enter one, and pop out a minute later, a year later, a century later, or not at all. Each point seems to have a consistent travel time, like if you enter one point, and it takes you a year, if you go though that point again, it'll still take a year. I don't actually have any comfirmation on that, but considering Steve can tell us the fleet will arive in one year means that they at least appear to stay consistant, with a few possible anomalies.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:20 pm »

I call dibs on driving Tweedledum. None may surpass the power of dibs.

Also, I raise my question about other alien races again. Are all aliens dicks or are some of them reasonable to talk to?

Moar allies, moar war.

Ships are remote-controlled, as far as I know.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: February 05, 2014, 04:25:33 pm »

Its like the halfway point between baby shit and 40k warp. In the warp, shit tries to kill you.
Wait, who put the points there in the first place?

Ships are remote-controlled, as far as I know.
Rats.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: February 05, 2014, 04:27:45 pm »

Spoiler: coptertalk (click to show/hide)

@Sean

Aww, but arguing with GWG is fun.  Plus I'm in the hospital so I really don't have anything better to do for once.

And that's an advantage I hadn't thought of- weight lugging.  I've been thinking of it in terms of short duration direct action style stuff, not extended deployment.  This would be more useful as a general purpose tool, yeah.  I'm uncertain if it would be more effective than, say, two exoskeletons, but that is a use.

Lastly, I don't like MLP.  But I have to say, it would make an excellent surveillance tool... for marking targets.

@Laser battery discussion
Laser batteries are useless against kinetic bombardment.  So you shoot the solid gauss shell.  Now what?  You have a lump of plasma flying at you instead of a lump of metal.

@Radio Controlled
Yeah, I'm arguing from the perspective that one of these would make an excellent long range support vehicle.  And I have reasons for thinking a cutting laser's better than rockets, but I actually don't really care if one these is ever designed or used.  I just want to win the argument.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 05, 2014, 04:29:11 pm »

Aliens are alien. We can't talk to them, they can't talk to us, and we are (mostly) way ahead of them. Plus the UWM has a policy of monitoring and eliminating any intelligent species that is getting close to posing a threat. Other than that, any info on intelligent species is top secret.

@Smurf: Hell if we know. The UWM doesn't even know how they work, they just do.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: February 05, 2014, 04:30:51 pm »

First of all, you guys know the meeting isn't about the defense, yes? It's purely for the purposes of finalizing the new HQ design, by finding out how many people are staying with me.

Oh, and Radio:

Spoiler: Tank Haven galore (click to show/hide)
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:25 pm »

Oh and that pixel art is awesome.

Agreed. Nice work, Dorsidwarf. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: February 05, 2014, 04:32:25 pm »

So they are all war-waging bastards? Damn. We should save intelligent species if we can, because eventually some alien bigger, nastier and more angry is going to slam into the UWM. Bonus points if the UWM attacks a primitive world and they are saved by a precursor race.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 05, 2014, 04:34:35 pm »

One more question about the laser batteries, where do they draw power from?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 05, 2014, 04:37:05 pm »

Either the power grid, batteries or molten cheese.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 05, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »

So they are all war-waging bastards? Damn. We should save intelligent species if we can, because eventually some alien bigger, nastier and more angry is going to slam into the UWM. Bonus points if the UWM attacks a primitive world and they are saved by a precursor race.

Nope. Most don't even know the UWM exists, and are somewhere around the stone age, possibly bronze. The rest are neutral, with a few being actively hostile, and there are possibly a few the UWM tip toes around, hoping they ignore us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 05, 2014, 04:45:33 pm »

Like that Azathoth thing that Stacy encountered.
I'm eventually going to convert most of my body into a super liver and drink a cupful of Moldavian Mind Rot just to see what happens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 2205