Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489188 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2014, 02:44:58 pm »

I'm not talking about the defense fleet though. And honestly, I'm just assuming the defenses are there just to keep anything like small-time pirates away: Not meant to go up against a full-scale invasion force as anything other than a speedbump.
@ Taricus: a whole lot of your points and questions have been addressed already. Look up Miyamoto's talk with Steve in the combat thread. Basically, we can shoot down ships, nukes and kinetic weapons, while their lasers aren't powerful enough to penetrate the surface. And if the UWM would go full planetcrackin' every time they think there's a little worker rebellion, they would run out of planets quite fast.
And at what range exactly are those lasers effective at?
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2014, 02:48:00 pm »

I'm not talking about the defense fleet though. And honestly, I'm just assuming the defenses are there just to keep anything like small-time pirates away: Not meant to go up against a full-scale invasion force as anything other than a speedbump.
@ Taricus: a whole lot of your points and questions have been addressed already. Look up Miyamoto's talk with Steve in the combat thread. Basically, we can shoot down ships, nukes and kinetic weapons, while their lasers aren't powerful enough to penetrate the surface. And if the UWM would go full planetcrackin' every time they think there's a little worker rebellion, they would run out of planets quite fast.
And at what range exactly are those lasers effective at?

What, you want exact numbers? Cause their 'effective range' in game-terms has been specified. Go read the Miya talk with Steve. If you wanted an exact estimate by the meter, I dunno, ask PW (though he usually handwaves details like this, and for good reason if you ask me. Imagine him having to work out every little detail, like the number of bolts used for the Sword).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2014, 02:49:07 pm »

Mind linking me to the exact post then, if you could? If not, just what orbit it hits AKA LEO, GEO or such.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 05, 2014, 03:00:07 pm »

Mind linking me to the exact post then, if you could? If not, just what orbit it hits AKA LEO, GEO or such.
grrmblgrmmblpeoplecan'tdotheirownresearchanymoregrrmbl
Here you go:
-begin of questions
some relevant stuff:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 05, 2014, 03:02:41 pm »

@Sean: when can you give me your final cost for the ships? Once I have that, I can finalize the budget and divide the teams.
Immediately following the upcoming meeting. We'll determine whether or not the Black Death is worth the RU investment, and work from there. Besides that ship, everything else is pretty much settled. As-is, we're looking at 250RU. Sans Black Death, anywhere between 180 and 210. The Party Wagon is only waiting on the missiles, the Southern Cross (the Tug) is pretty certain to be used as well, and its modifications aren't terribly extensive.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #425 on: February 05, 2014, 03:12:57 pm »

Link to the ships? Or a quick listing of what they are and what they'll be used for? Either will do.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 05, 2014, 03:16:16 pm »

I really should get that christmas gift spinner set up for after simus' speech.
I approve!

((I'm pretty sure it was mentioned earlier that laser rifles and gauss rifles were left over from the Altered Wars, and they had millions of them laying around... I can't find the quote right now though... Hmm....
And what about everything else, hm? I'm sure that such carbon plates were mentioned.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 05, 2014, 03:40:24 pm »

Wasn't around for the hotdrops, no.

But as for everything else, thanks for the info, it should be useful.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 05, 2014, 03:42:09 pm »

Wasn't around for the hotdrops, no.

But as for everything else, thanks for the info, it should be useful.
Me neither, these were just Steve's responses to Miya's questions. Mmm copypasta.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 03:44:14 pm by Radio Controlled »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 05, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »

How powerful's the high energy projector? 50/50ing it with the gauss cannon.

By the way, those millions of guns were probably claimed by the UWM ages ago.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:00:42 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 05, 2014, 04:03:15 pm »

One thing I do have to ask is if the comm systems are jammed, how the hells are the council able to dictate the terms the planet must be taken under? I mean, with the comms jammed, no-one's going to really notice an orbital bombardment until after it clears up...

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 05, 2014, 04:04:37 pm »

Link to the ships? Or a quick listing of what they are and what they'll be used for? Either will do.
Short rundown:

Southern Cross: Space tug. Heavy front plate, powerful engines. Refitted into ship assault shuttle, heavy armor and laser cannons on the front, plus PD turrets.

Party Wagon: Courier, light atmospheric transport. Refitted into rapid response dropship, think XCOM Skyranger, with a series of cutting laser turrets and a pair of non-radioactive 10-kiloton fusion missiles to clear up LZs.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum: the two regular shuttles, one of which in first stages of modification for FTL capability. No refits, but each can get a pair of cutting laser turrets to act as close air support.

The Black Death: A ship in the same class as the Blackship, fast and high-tech interstellar dragster. Refitted into a flying mount for a supercharged plasma cannon, carrying six shots' worth of extreme-density power cells. Can get to anywhere on the planet in half an hour, anywhere in space above the base in five to ten minutes, and destroy anything - up to small capital ships, and including Avatars of War - it's sent up against. Needs reloading after those six shots are spent, and doesn't have much in the way of armor. Its purpose is to respond to anything nasty enough that it needs to be destroyed as quickly as possible.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 05, 2014, 04:10:02 pm »

How does FTL work in this? Just a pure energy injection, then boom, fly across the galaxy?

Also, what does the assault crew get to move around?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 04:11:42 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 05, 2014, 04:14:55 pm »

I totally made some pixelart of what I think some of the various things in ER look like.

I love this game so much, by the way.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 05, 2014, 04:15:55 pm »

How does FTL work in this? Just a pure energy injection, then boom, fly across the galaxy?
No, more like a combination of Back to the Future and Babylon 5. Fixed jump points, need to accelerate to specific velocity to use, plus other things.

Also, what does the assault crew get to move around?
Tweedledee and Tweedledum, most likely. The Party Wagon too, though it's more of a Mobile Reserve ship.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 2205