Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487764 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #345 on: February 04, 2014, 09:20:39 pm »

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold

I'd say antimaterial rifles would be more useful.
Still...I'd say big synthflesh thingies would be pretty useful. Or maybe large battlesuits. Or Miyamoto.
Big synthflesh thingies? Like a giant Sod or something?
More like mini-titans.

Also, we need a main battle armor unit. Like a combat walker, like Star Wars AT-TE's or Starcraft Thors.
They have their uses...not sure if they're here. They're not especially great against swarms of infantry; they're good, but usually not ideal unless armed for that purpose.
I think? Definitely, if the UWM brings antimaterial weaponry.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2014, 09:22:18 pm »

Since the Sods we'll be facing are largely genetically identical and the Doc will screw with ours, can we engineer a nerve agent that will specifically target theirs?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 04, 2014, 09:24:12 pm »

If Doc can implant me with an anti-Sod agent, I could do that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 04, 2014, 09:24:50 pm »

Also, we need a main battle armor unit. Like a combat walker, like Star Wars AT-TE's or Starcraft Thors.
They have their uses...not sure if they're here. They're not especially great against swarms of infantry; they're good, but usually not ideal unless armed for that purpose.
I think? Definitely, if the UWM brings antimaterial weaponry.

So, if the UWM brings in anti-materiel weapons, we deploy things with... less armor?

We had this discussion back in the survey thread. You can't really mix combat walker and truly heavy armor. Even spidertank things can't have their legs armored properly.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 04, 2014, 09:35:00 pm »

Ah man, I wanted a Thor  :( (even though they barely have legs XD)

Still, we need a cheap yet efficient piece of mechanized armor, in vein of the T34/85 tank. Pretty decent combat capabilities, yet very cheap.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2014, 09:36:40 pm »

Who needs combat walkers when we have Avatars of War. A five meter tall synthflesh being, completely encased in thick slabs of shaped armor, covered in a heavy armored cloak. Main armaments are: Coilgun, Tesla Sabre, and I believe some flavor of manipulator. Also, Battlesuits. Standing three(?) meters tall, they are large suits of powered armor capable of shrugging of gauss fire like rain. They come in several different flavors, Melee, Long-Range, Hazardous Enviroment, Mobility, and probably many more.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2014, 09:39:56 pm »

It's a Universal Manipulator, so... really good.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:24 pm »

They start with a gravity manip, so not ludicrously OP.
Sig! Onol

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »

Hmm. I thought it was Universal? I seem to remember there being references to it being one when Miya was in the thick of things while taking Hephaestus. I could be wrong though, my memory ain't the greatest.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 04, 2014, 09:51:04 pm »

Miya specified his to have a universal.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 04, 2014, 09:53:52 pm »

1.Okay.  Sorry, but I don't understand what you want explained.

2.Well, presumably if we control the battlefield this stuff isn't as important.  But mobility is still useful in defense.  Take an instance of two squads shooting at each other in an urban area.  One sends a QC into the air, so it's effectively flanking them vertically.  Or if one area of the battlefield needs reinforcments quickly, several of these can be diverted much faster than land vehicles, unless there's a nice road system or something.  Mobility isn't always useful, but those are exceptions.

3.You still have to get the rocket to be within a foot or two of the arm, which is still a small target.  That's moving around.  I also doubt rotorstrikes would set off a rocket- they're not machetes, and rockets are usually idiot-proof, so they don't just explode under minor impacts.

4.What -exactly- am I not explaining?  I've been trying to go into as much detail as I can without hogging the whole thread (And I think I failed here).  As far as nukes... I think that's always gonna be a vulnerability.  I'm currently arguing for an infantry support drone, similar to the RT's role.

5.A rotor's speed is limited by the speed of sound, 760 MPH, at the tip of the rotor.  High-performance copters going at max speed are really the only things that will make the rotor go that fast.  For comparison, 20mm Vulcan* has a muzzle velocity of 2315 MPH, and is 102mm long.  The rotor probably occupies 5% of the space that it can occupy at any particular time.  Do the math.

*Gauss rifles fire a 20mm round and can explode the torso of their target.  I figured this is a fair equivalent.

6.Welp, it depends on exactly what it hits.  Assuming you didn't armor it so you'd have maximum speed, stuff breaks.  If it hits the CPU, you killed it.  If you just hit the gun, you disarmed it.  Note that you had to hit a thing that's two or three square feet, assuming this thing is huge, and it's moving very fast and unpredictably.  If you did armor it, well, it depends on how well you armored it.

7.Ahh, no, with pretty big quadcopters. Like, four feet wide.  And under conditions that really would screw them up, like 50 MPH winds.  :I

8.Yes.

@AoW talk
Miya traded the integrated coilgun and tesla saber for a universal manipulator.  Kept the cutting laser though.

@Anti Materiel rifles would be more useful than tanks
The irony of this statement... you realize modern "anti-materiel' rifles fire 12.7mm rounds?  Gauss rifles fire 20mm.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 04, 2014, 09:58:34 pm »

When you get an Avatar you can choose it's loadout. You have three "slots" for weapons that come with the Avatar. IIRC Miyamoto got a heavy laser, a Universal Manip, and either some other weapon, or he gave up the slot to get the Universal Manip.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 04, 2014, 09:59:38 pm »

After the second instance where Steve has shown just how much he can tell someone is thinking through his sensors, something that had once crossed my mind came back: just how much can he tell? I imagine he wasn't taking any chances when he offered the generals their positions, since in-game it is pretty hard to lie to him and get away with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 04, 2014, 10:02:49 pm »

Miya specified his to have a universal.

Oh, OK. That explains it then.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 04, 2014, 10:06:02 pm »

Ah man, I wanted a Thor  :( (even though they barely have legs XD)

Still, we need a cheap yet efficient piece of mechanized armor, in vein of the T34/85 tank. Pretty decent combat capabilities, yet very cheap.

Like I said, as soon as i get into Tinker, I'm on it. I've designed more tanks than Nick's twin LESHO monstrosity before.

And even if I hadn't, I know where to go when you want tanks. When you have access to at least 5 threads worth of hardcore treadhead discussion, ranging from WWI style to hovertanks, and all in between...
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 2205