Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2486773 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #225 on: February 03, 2014, 08:19:21 pm »

Ask for a PAC artillery emplacement, you know you want one.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #226 on: February 03, 2014, 08:42:17 pm »

Alright, calm thy tits.  :P  Some of us like watching kids TV shows and some of us don't. Its a personal choice, and we should tolerate it to a degree, as the bronies should tolerate our desire to not have anything to do with it to a degree.

Childish nonsense aside, I'd prefer a walker with 6 legs rather than 4. More support, easier maneuverability. Also, a practical body would be better than a horse-shaped design which is more aesthetic. In a warzone, I'd prefer the practical body.
As I've said before, I'm completely neutral on the ponies. Both in terms of personal preference and my opinion about it as a phenomena all together. I saw some of it, because someone recommended it, and my reaction was basically this.

To me, ponies are basically the same as 40k.  It's got a big base of fans, some of which are a bit too into it and feel like they must inject it into literally everything. And I have no qualms with them liking it, I have no qualms with them taking inspiration from it, I simply want to prevent two things:
1. Having an outside universe jammed into the ingame universe in ways that are intrusive and don't make sense.
2. Prevent arguments either from the fans, or from people who don't like the fans or what they are a fan of.

To be honest,it's more the second one I was worried about.  Sean could fucking make this thing and then give it a completely realistic twilight sparkle skin or something and I wouldn't give a fuck, because who cares what one guy does.  It looking like a pony isn't gonna stop me from shooting it, or make me shoot it. It's just the actions of a crazed inmate with holes in his brain from being in stasis for centuries.

I was more worried that someone would see it and, rather then going the completely acceptable route of just shooting Anton in the stomach and smashing his robot because...insert contrived character reason here....they'd complain out of character about how they don't like the fact that some fans of the show are creepy weirdos and that fact poisons everything having to do with ponies or whatever.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I've come to the decision that anton can do whatever the fuck he wants and if you have a problem with it then you can....kill him. Or maim him a lot. Or whatever. Just keep it in character.

Same goes for those among you who keep wanting to make shit from 40k.  Go ahead and try if you want. I don't mind. Just don't expect the emperor to help you. Guys been on the toilet for centuries anyways.

ON RELATED NOTES:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_2nM1GEllg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fsxY5MgEmg

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 03, 2014, 08:49:28 pm »

Ah, the endless fandom wars.

Inform me, whats a PAC artillery battery?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 03, 2014, 08:55:39 pm »

Its an upscaled particle accumulator cannon, an energy weapon so powerful that if you hit a teammate with it piecewise doesnt even roll to see if they survive, merely to determine how many chunks they are blown into.
Oh and it runs purely off of electricity im pretty sure, so yay for infinite ammo.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2014, 08:57:18 pm »

Ah. Lukas's Sniper. Is lukas still around? Man. So many people just stopped playing.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 03, 2014, 09:00:18 pm »

Removing reflexive OOC quotes will be a pain...

((cheeky, PW))
And that's just how we like him.

-only a new recruit with a maximum of 1 mission will be eligible for piloting it.
Does the Hephaestus assault count?

I thought about a way to meet in the middle here, but since whatever I do probably won't satisfy both parties, I just went with how I think Miya would react. Sue me. ))
Normally I'd discuss the old IC vs. Fun thing, but this seems to work pretty well as a compromise. Well, as well as anything will.

((This has bad idea written all over it.
Just another day at the HMRC ARM base.

Apart from my brony sensor flaring off, aren't these just a bigger gunnerbot?
Also a few other things.

Also, why not war-raptors?
For starters, they only have two legs. Moreover, it would require a large tail to avoid falling over. If you don't get why these are bad things, you probably shouldn't be designing our combots.
Anyways, the only notable difference between "reptile-headed robopony" and "roboraptor" is number of legs and how much you need the tail.

The plants are native to Heph, aren't they? Else the wiki lies. Still, the UWM being damaged from plants amuses me.
I don't know, but I'm pretty sure my expedition to the surface would have discovered them.
Anyways, a veteran said otherwise, and I trust veterans over the wiki. (Especially the pages I didn't create :P))

I have nothing against ponies, it's the horrifyingly deformed, colourful ones that are currently experiencing a disturbing boom of popularity amongst grown adults that I would prefer not to exist.
Preach it.
I wonder how many bronies are doing so to annoy others...

Seriously, what's the advantage over a tread base?
Height, and depending on tread design speed and ability to traverse unusually rough terrain. Also, stairs/unpleasant slopes.

Also, a practical body would be better than a horse-shaped design which is more aesthetic. In a warzone, I'd prefer the practical body.
Define "practical body," and explain how it's different than Sean's design.

If all you need is a firing platform, then there's no contest - just copy the XCOM Alloy SHIV and you're good.
Isn't the hover SHIV inexplicably tougher and overall superior?
But yeah, I know why it would suck as a stable firing platform. And as an efficient anything.

Welp. Another thread. Up to four now?
This is just the repurposed "Should ER have a subforum?" thread. That's why it has a dozen more pages than you would expect.

If variety is the spice of life, secularism and compartmentalization is the tupperware that keeps it fresh.
Interesting analogy.

To me, ponies are basically the same as 40k.
Suddenly, that tyrapony mod makes so much more sense.

Same goes for those among you who keep wanting to make shit from 40k.  Go ahead and try if you want. I don't mind. Just don't expect the emperor to help you. Guys been on the toilet for centuries anyways.
To be fair, he's probably dead for all intents and purposes.

Inform me, whats a PAC artillery battery?
It's a bunch of guns that shoot large amounts of campaign donations at enemy politicians.

Ah. Lukas's Sniper. Is lukas still around? Man. So many people just stopped playing.
'Tis a shame. Glad we got two of the old Bastards back.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 03, 2014, 09:05:07 pm »

We have separate budgets (I hope) so getting 25 PACs (assuming they're 30 RU each) isn't a problem. 200 RU for 2 extra laser batteries (air supremacy, woo) and 50 RU for battle suits and weapons, if i can get them.

Can PACs fire into orbit, or are they too weak?

What serves as our closer combat anti-tank artillery (compared to long range artillery)? Do we have a future version of the classic field gun, or...

Does the UWM have shielding technology or is it still an iron on iron battle?

(Sorry for question spam  ;D)

Also, the emperors dead by the start of the 42st Millennium. Begin the rise of the Tau! (If the Orks/Chaos/Tyranids don't rape em into submission)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:14:12 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 03, 2014, 09:18:14 pm »

Wouldn't that make the Astromiconon thing stop working? That's what my 40k-ing friends point out whenever I say the Emperor is dead.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 03, 2014, 09:19:03 pm »

1. Having an outside universe jammed into the ingame universe in ways that are intrusive and don't make sense.

However, if you want to go crazy and jam outside universes into a game for no reason, I'm running a barely-sensicial war RTD specifically for that purpose. This may seem like shameless advertising, but hey, it's a an outlet for that type of stuff. It's also is shameless advertising. 

I have nothing against ponies, it's the horrifyingly deformed, colourful ones that are currently experiencing a disturbing boom of popularity amongst grown adults that I would prefer not to exist.
Preach it.
I wonder how many bronies are doing so to annoy others...
[/quote]

As an insider, I'd say a fair percentage. Mind you, they legitimately enjoy the show, they just also happen to enjoying annoying people as well. They're still people after all.

Also, I'm not trying to prove a point or forward an agenda of any sort, but MLP has introduced a pretty damn cool Eldritch Abomination as of late.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 03, 2014, 09:21:36 pm »

Yep, the Astronomicon stops working. The Imperium of Man grinds to a halt and is split up, unable to travel through the warp.

Also, check if the Terror-Drone idea is a good idea and if they could be designed, perfected and mass produced in time for the coming battle:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Terror Drones. Can we reset these to attack a planet? They'd act like a macro grey goo, causing chaos and increasing in number as time goes on.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:30:16 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 03, 2014, 09:29:57 pm »

We have separate budgets (I hope) so getting 25 PACs (assuming they're 30 RU each) isn't a problem. 200 RU for 2 extra laser batteries (air supremacy, woo) and 50 RU for battle suits and weapons, if i can get them.

What serves as our closer combat anti-tank artillery (compared to long range artillery)? Do we have a future version of the classic field gun, or...

Does the UWM have shielding technology or is it still an iron on iron battle?

(Sorry for question spam  ;D)

Also, the emperors dead by the start of the 42st Millennium. Begin the rise of the Tau! (If the Orks/Chaos/Tyranids don't rape em into submission)

What? Why would we each get 1000 RU, considering what that can buy?
Hell, how does the Auron-Simus argument even happen if Auron gets his own 1000 RU to do whatever the hell he wants with?
The 1000 RU is more of a team fund. One that's not nearly enough and is thus being strictly controlled.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 03, 2014, 09:31:47 pm »

Maaaan. Hephaestus is the worst forge world ever. We should get a few tin cans for the assault team, otherwise they'd have trouble pushing forward.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2014, 09:36:51 pm by smurfingtonthethird »
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 03, 2014, 09:35:41 pm »

Does the UWM have shielding technology or is it still an iron
on iron battle?

Nope 1000 RU budget is for everything, singular emplacement is all your gonna get, if even that.

And while pacs are pretty fucking powerful but im not sure how much attenuation they get from atmospheric friction, thst said you could easily sneak in some design modifications during the upscaling process to allow them to function as anti orbit artillery.

I think someone researched an upscaled high energy projector, thats kind of like a biggass laser shotgun isnt it?

As for shielding, we have kinetic shunts that absorb and redirect kinetic energy as well as crystal coating that absorbs lasers. Our shielding technology is more "hull polarisation" and less "energy barrier" although you could probably use an automanipulator to form some sort of defensive bubble that destroys or redirects attacks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 03, 2014, 09:37:57 pm »

Yep, the Astronomicon stops working. The Imperium of Man grinds to a halt and is split up, unable to travel through the warp.
That sucks.
Remind me, how do other races manage?

Maaaan. Hephaestus is the worst forge world ever. We should get a few tin cans for the assault team, otherwise they'd have trouble pushing forward.
The UWM is simply a different scale. It's like comparing Wars and Trek.
Sig

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 03, 2014, 09:39:38 pm »

Well, Steve is churning out enough robots to defend every laser battery on the planet from whatever the UWM could land. Think about how many robots that is.
He's also building a Titan, which if you haven't read the full game is sort of like an aircraft carrier with legs.
Plus all of the other behind-the-scenes stuff we haven't heard of. Hephaestus is going to be quite busy.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 2205