Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487321 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #195 on: February 03, 2014, 03:02:50 pm »

RU cost to plant some near maturity 'Bloater trees' (rapid fire seed exploding trees) near suitable air drop points.
Note to self, incorporate aspects of that into my list of potential biology notes.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 03, 2014, 03:26:52 pm »

About bloody time. :D

* Yoink urinates in a corner.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 03, 2014, 03:28:55 pm »

Now that is just inappropriate. And unsanitary.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #198 on: February 03, 2014, 03:29:23 pm »

There's a bit of an argument going on between simus and auron; Flint is waiting for his chance to smash auron to impress simus' non-pants off and jim is trying to police the situation.
Hey! Flint only wants to smash him a little. Torture him a bit. And he probably won't even do that, since it's against his character. He'll only fantasize about doing it.
Flint will only kill Auron if he gets an order to do so or if he sees him doing something stupid. And even then, he'll probably aim for disabling and not permakilling. It's against Flint's character to kill. (Which makes my wonder what I'm going to do now that battle is approaching. Is Flint going to miraculously end up wounding everyone he meets? Or is he going to get shot down the moment he gets to the field of battle? We'll see.)
Plus the guy has my industrial mining exosuit. I wouldn't want something to happen to it. I've had some good times with that IME... Saved Flint's life many times, and it seems to have worked for Auron too.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 03, 2014, 03:32:32 pm »

There's a bit of an argument going on between simus and auron; Flint is waiting for his chance to smash auron to impress simus' non-pants off and jim is trying to police the situation.
Hey! Flint only wants to smash him a little. Torture him a bit. And he probably won't even do that, since it's against his character. He'll only fantasize about doing it.
Flint will only kill Auron if he gets an order to do so or if he sees him doing something stupid. And even then, he'll probably aim for disabling and not permakilling. It's against Flint's character to kill. (Which makes my wonder what I'm going to do now that battle is approaching. Is Flint going to miraculously end up wounding everyone he meets? Or is he going to get shot down the moment he gets to the field of battle? We'll see.)
Plus the guy has my industrial mining exosuit. I wouldn't want something to happen to it. I've had some good times with that IME... Saved Flint's life many times, and it seems to have worked for Auron too.

C'mon, just give in already. Dress up in a black rubber suit, cape and a vaguely bat-shaped helmet.
Run around fisticuffing 'baddies' into submission and leave them for Commissioner Steve to lock away.

EDIT: Also, a robotic war-kiwi sounds absolutely sweet as, broo.
Booze is Life for Yoink

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: February 03, 2014, 03:37:03 pm »

Just throw em in a boxing ring and let comedy ensue.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 03, 2014, 03:38:01 pm »

Flint should get Sod repellent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 03, 2014, 03:42:15 pm »

We could use a bunch of Sods to keep around and dare to do stuff, like eat bugs and slap the more violent characters on the rear.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2014, 03:46:16 pm »

Dang, I forgot to post my question to smurf in this thread.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2014, 03:53:23 pm »

((Even assuming that the seeds and not the trees explode...why? Mechanical systems would have better aim (due to having much more than no senses to aim with), better firepower (due to more flexibility with the chemicals and containment systems that could be used, among others), and would be easier to repair. They also use tech we have. What possible advantage would gengineered plants have over machines?))

Because then the UWM takes damage and doesn't get suspicious. Not often a workers rebellion makes minefields.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2014, 04:00:31 pm »

Since this really does belong in an out-of-character thread - as a "charged matter", as PW put it - I'd like to pose a question.

Would anyone actually object to having vaguely small-horse-like robots running around shooting stuff?

The core principle of the design, that being a human-size unguligrade with additional "arms" concealed by opening panels, indeed was inspired by pegasi - the readiest source of which is the "charged matter" mentioned. But beyond that, and a general role as support units rather than combat ones, there is nothing in them that references it.

Would these Artees of mine be undesired here?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2014, 04:04:09 pm »

I want giant robotic war-kiwis. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2014, 04:05:33 pm »

((They are not genengineered, they are a natural alien species mentioned earlier.
Oh. When?

((Even assuming that the seeds and not the trees explode...why? Mechanical systems would have better aim (due to having much more than no senses to aim with), better firepower (due to more flexibility with the chemicals and containment systems that could be used, among others), and would be easier to repair. They also use tech we have. What possible advantage would gengineered plants have over machines?))
Because then the UWM takes damage and doesn't get suspicious. Not often a workers rebellion makes minefields.
IEDs are a hell of a lot more common among worker rebellions than genetic engineering capability or anomalous-plant-import capability, and I don't think that the UWM will forget that those plants aren't native.

-snip-
Fine by me.

I want giant robotic war-kiwis. :(
Draw up some plans.
You mean the bird, right?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2014, 04:08:50 pm »

Apart from my brony sensor flaring off, aren't these just a bigger gunnerbot?

Also, why not war-raptors?

The plants are native to Heph, aren't they? Else the wiki lies. Still, the UWM being damaged from plants amuses me.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 03, 2014, 04:10:58 pm »

Apart from my brony sensor flaring off, aren't these just a bigger gunnerbot?

Also, why not war-raptors?

The plants are native to Heph, aren't they? Else the wiki lies. Still, the UWM being damaged from plants amuses me.
Oh, I didn't notice that. In that case the trees might be a viable defense.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 2205