Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2487923 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Subforum (EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT IN ER, READ THIS PLEASE)
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2014, 10:12:29 am »

You make a good point Radio, but we don't know the specifics behind the spat he came off of. For all we know, it could have just been a smaller game or discussion that wanted to be bigger, and became a war between its users and the rest of the forum. Unless we get more specifics or input, we don't necessarily know what his judging is going to be. I, personally, am in favor of an ER subforum, for itself. It would be much easier and more organized, and any other game that could possible grow to this size would take years, in which time we could just make another subforum. It's not as if we are limited to one subforum here.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 31, 2014, 10:21:51 am »

The basics are that Putnam and Deon asked for and received subforums for their mods, and then Masterwork also received one. Some people began posting about how the first two didn't actually deserve them and didn't actually do anything with them. It got a bit ugly when Deon moved a sticky thread out of his subforum into the finished mods forum to get more exposure, where it of course remained sticky. That was taken badly, to say the least, by those people who already disliked the split.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #167 on: January 31, 2014, 05:54:08 pm »

Ok. So the Strawpoll shows that basically no one is against a subforum in general. And we're about evenly split in terms of If we want an ER specific one or if we want some sort of Big ass games subforum. However, we seem to have some debate as to the nature of the less specific forum (how many posts do you need to get in? Will new threads be allowed? How will it work? etc).

So, lets start a new poll.

Lets assume the worse case scenario, that we can't figure out how to handle the hypothetical BAG forum/ the powers that be don't like the idea of it. If it was between ER specific subforum and nothing, how would you vote then?

http://strawpoll.me/1104569

Keep discussing how to do a BAG forum though: a united agreement on how to do it would certainly help the chances it gets done, I wager.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 31, 2014, 06:10:31 pm »

For the sub-board, if drawn to those extremes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 31, 2014, 11:33:57 pm »

I like how "Some Fourth Option" is in second place.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 31, 2014, 11:36:47 pm »

With ten percent of the votes, at that.
I think the results currently show that most people are indeed in favor of pushing ER into a subforum even if it's exclusive or not.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 31, 2014, 11:48:03 pm »

With ten percent of the votes, at that.
Which is two people.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #172 on: February 01, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »

What is this fourth option of which you two people desire?

Also, looks pretty good. 80% or so are in favor, with scattered votes for neutral, other or no.

I'm going to give toady the link to this tread soon, so if you guys have anything else to say, say it now.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 01, 2014, 05:56:35 pm »

well then, since this is going to be considered a historical thread i'd like to send a shoutout to soli & glyphie, the people who drew me hats for the glory of these forums

y'all real nerdlords

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 01, 2014, 10:40:51 pm »

I think we just need to consider how much issue not having a subforum is- basically, how much do we really gain? That's all I really want us to keep in mind here.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2014, 12:06:10 am »

I think we just need to consider how much issue not having a subforum is- basically, how much do we really gain? That's all I really want us to keep in mind here.
Well, we gain the ability for me to create lots of threads so that, rather then constantly having to rename or reuse or re-purpose the same thread and making it a nightmare for anyone to read, we can have things nice and orderly.

We game the ability for me to stop cluttering the RTD first page with a game thats swollen far beyond most other RTD's in scope and scale, which means there's more room for other people's games to hang around the first page and get attention.

Oh, and I can fill that forum with ER related stuff thats not specifically ER without feeling terrible.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 02, 2014, 12:10:54 am »

Since this is pretty much the final factor at this point, I'll go ahead and reiterate my earlier approval for this.
If someone still wants to have an issue with it, then we'll just have to handle it, but I doubt it will be a problem for people, at the least not as much as the one for what happened with the Modding Subforum.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 02, 2014, 10:12:22 am »

Same.

I'm hoping that anyone would WOULD have an issue with this would have noticed the thread by now and said something.
Sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 03, 2014, 05:27:53 am »

Like... a new thread for every mission?

It's like bliss.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #179 on: February 03, 2014, 01:06:38 pm »

SINCE THIS THREAD HAS SERVED ITS PURPOSE WE'RE NOW GONNA USE IT AS AN OOC THREAD FOR ER. THIS IS THE END OF THE PREVIOUS TREAD AND BEGINNING OF THE NEW RIGHT HERE. 

ABANDON ALL HOPE OF ON TOPIC DISCOURSE YE WHO ENTER HERE.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 2205