Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2489382 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette Subforum (EVEN IF YOU'RE NOT IN ER, READ THIS PLEASE)
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2014, 02:17:37 pm »

((Sorry, I can't find it for some reason, can someone post a link?))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2014, 02:21:18 pm »

Way at the bottom of the OP.

THIS IS THE LINK TO THE POLL

Also, I put my vote for the general subforum, but I'd like to amend the phrasing as "A general subforum, or an ER specific one".
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2014, 02:31:06 pm »

Well, I have my vote given to a Big-Games subforum.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2014, 04:06:35 pm »

Also, you shouldn't worry about me leaving the forum. This is where my players are. I like it here. Plus ER won't be done for probably like 4 more years. AND THEN I START ON THE NEXT GAME!
Just like you waited until the end of ER before starting Perplexicon, Mainspring, that horrible parenting game, and some other stuff I'm forgetting?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2014, 04:41:48 pm »

((Those are just his side projects.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2014, 04:52:26 pm »

After some consideration, I might be leaning back towards Radio's idea of a Massive subforum.

So I guess the next question is: piecewise, how useful would a Large Games subforum be to you?

It's also occurred to me that, especially if it were a Forum Games subforum rather than an RTD subforum, the main other contender would probably be those Magic Girls threads. So, quick thought exercise: Einsteinian Roulette and Rise of the Magic Girls are the only two inhabitants of their subforum. Is this a useful, sensible designation? What about if we add, say, The Warrens of Oric the Awesome and Deviation-22?

For that matter, we haven't really discussed the cutoff point that much. Somebody suggested 10k posts or 3 threads, somebody else said anything above 3k is rare... where exactly do we want to draw the line?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »

((Those are just his side projects.))
...If Perplexicon was just a side project, what does it need to be considered a full game?

It's also occurred to me that, especially if it were a Forum Games subforum rather than an RTD subforum, the main other contender would probably be those Magic Girls threads. So, quick thought exercise: Einsteinian Roulette and Rise of the Magic Girls are the only two inhabitants of their subforum. Is this a useful, sensible designation? What about if we add, say, The Warrens of Oric the Awesome and Deviation-22?
Why only currently-active games? I think that stuff like YAFB and RtRtD would deserve to go there.

For that matter, we haven't really discussed the cutoff point that much. Somebody suggested 10k posts or 3 threads, somebody else said anything above 3k is rare... where exactly do we want to draw the line?
Three threads sounds like a good number for that, but posts...well, is there somewhere we can see how many threads have Xk posts?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2014, 05:01:57 pm »

((You can sort the forum by # of replies.  Since we're only talking two boards here (Mafia, by its nature, is fine where it is) it's not too hard to look at them that way.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2014, 05:24:15 pm »

Why only currently-active games? I think that stuff like YAFB and RtRtD would deserve to go there.
I was just grabbing games as an example for the upper ends of entry requirements. I'd agree with shunting dead games in there as well, and leaving games that get in when active in there when they die.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2014, 05:42:16 pm »

As discussion goes by, I become more and more concerned that some serious moderation of that new something is going to be required.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 05:56:06 pm »

As discussion goes by, I become more and more concerned that some serious moderation of that new something is going to be required.
I can kind of see this, but I doubt it'd really be that much of an issue. The worst case scenario is, what, some guy creates a game in the Large/ER section because "it's totally going to be epic" or "it's basically like ER" and then refuses to move it and gets all huffy when other people suggest he should?

And that's basically the worst-case, high-drama, this-person-was-likely-to-cause-problems-anyway scenario. The worst likely outcome would probably just be confusion as to what the categories are for, which is pretty harmless on its own. We've had occasional misfires regarding RTD/Forum Game placement, but nothing that ever mattered or was difficult to fix, and we've never had issues with Mafia miscategorizations at all before, at least that I'm aware of.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 06:00:48 pm »

I can kind of see this, but I doubt it'd really be that much of an issue. The worst case scenario is, what, some guy creates a game in the Large/ER section because "it's totally going to be epic" or "it's basically like ER" and then refuses to move it and gets all huffy when other people suggest he should?

And that's basically the worst-case, high-drama, this-person-was-likely-to-cause-problems-anyway scenario. The worst likely outcome would probably just be confusion as to what the categories are for, which is pretty harmless on its own. We've had occasional misfires regarding RTD/Forum Game placement, but nothing that ever mattered or was difficult to fix, and we've never had issues with Mafia miscategorizations at all before, at least that I'm aware of.
I don't think that people should be just free to create or move threads into this new subforum. If they do want to, they have to request that their thread be approved by a moderator first with the meeting of guidelines that we'll set later.
It'll just result in a lot more confusion than necessary if we don't set hard guidelines, and it's much easier just to have a moderator restrict the flow of the games a bit.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 06:04:10 pm »

My point is actually a lot like DAF's. I meant just that order of things.
Sigs

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2014, 06:09:40 pm »

Having an open sub-forum for 'epic' RTDs is just a bad idea on the face of it- that would end up seeming like a class of 'superior' RTDs.
I think, right now, the issue is that one RTD has grown to the point of requiring so many threads that it clogs up the RTD forum quite noticeably. We want to free up the board a bit, not turn it into a ghost town as everyone and their dog rushes off to make multi-thread "epic" RTDs in the new subforum. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2014, 06:12:55 pm »

What Yoink said. Also, not being able to make new threads in the subforum would defeat the purpose of it, which is that PW would be free to make new threads as needed to better organize ER. Having to get them moved would just create work for Toady since every time PW needed a new thread, he'd have to make it in the regular RTD forum and then request to get it moved.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 2205