Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2430886 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9780 on: October 07, 2014, 10:12:43 pm »

They're 16 tokens. And the price is on the wiki, it just doesn't have a page of its own, yet, so you have to check the actual armory page.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: October 07, 2014, 10:20:31 pm »

Guess the search function didn't grab it. weird. It -did- take me to the tinker page though.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:39 pm »

Might have to play in tinker at some time to see pw's decision on both rechargeablility and pre-programmedness of manipulators. It'll still be a uncon roll, just maybe quicker or vaguely less hazardous (might limit the scope of overshoots, etc). Not much different from a con weapon really.

A program for a mwm that makes a beam 50' long, really hot from the front of the manipulator doesn't sound out of the realms of possibility. Maybe programs could drain more battery life to balance them or something? Or a 1-2 token cost for bits, storage and cpu power bolted onto a normal manipulator?

Who knows. It'll be a fun project later down the track.
It's a game. Have fun.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: October 07, 2014, 11:24:46 pm »

...Okay, I rescind my previous advice.  Don't get anything related to space magic, please, and if you do, go for a manip so you can at least throw it away.

First, automanips are not field manips.  The former is a very specialized piece of hardware produced in a factory- you'd have to custom order it from heph, we'd spend a month or two designing it, then it would be sent to you (for a price of fifteen+ tokens, if you want a 50' beam) in one of the supply shuttles.  On top of that, it would be a massive thing the size of your torso, and could only fire once, unless it was made even larger (The size of your whole body, or maybe a car).  Even worse, it would be a CON weapon!

Also, just to end your theorizing, manip batteries cannot ever be recharged with electricity.  Ever.  The 4 TPU in a battery is cheap electricity to power the display; the three token cost of the battery is because the battery is also filled with souls.  Or something like that, we're not really sure.  We just know that we need human germ cells to grow the ammo in fleshpits, and that they somehow interact with the 'Source', utilizing an 'Oslaov Spear'.  Sean thinks the former is Cthulu's left testicle.  So yeah.  Space magic is weird.

...Also, that whole process with the germ cells and souls and elder privates is unnessesary with amps.  Food for thought.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: October 07, 2014, 11:27:17 pm »

So every time someone's face is melted by a microwave manipulator, a human soul was used to spear cthulhu's left testicle to make it happen?

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: October 07, 2014, 11:29:48 pm »

That about sums it up, yeah
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:49 pm »

You do know that I've just found a use for Sambo's schlong if the next turn or two doesn't go well then, don't you?

Any word-of-god on programability? I guess it might not be a practice makes perfect or pre-calc thing though.
It's a game. Have fun.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9787 on: October 07, 2014, 11:54:56 pm »

So, does anyone have any ideas on what Kyle's new cloak is going to do? I'm thinking mind rape. The description was culty enough.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: October 08, 2014, 12:00:08 am »

Charge a will bonus before you put it on. Maybe it let's you avoid damage or something. Or I'll try it on if I survive this mission if you want. Might trade you for it if I find anything interesting.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: October 08, 2014, 12:03:21 am »

Yeah, I'm really just interested in what it does at the moment. If it isn't going to murder the wearer I was thinking of getting a mask later, maybe like a plague doctor's and making that Kyle's outfit.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: October 08, 2014, 12:07:36 am »

Yeah, I'm really just interested in what it does at the moment. If it isn't going to murder the wearer I was thinking of getting a mask later, maybe like a plague doctor's and making that Kyle's outfit.
Yeah. Then we'll have Arm Cannon Skeleton guy and Cult Robe dude. We'd be the best team up ever. :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: October 08, 2014, 12:07:52 am »

I was thinking about trying to put together a big monster post to go over all the role/rank/medal stuff, but then I had a maybe-better idea on how to cover that ground.

How does this sound for a general process: We kick the can around a little more here to figure out the big issues or questions for the stuff we're talking about implementing (roles, ranks, medals). Once we've got the big problems or disagreements, we could put up some of those nice quick-and-dirty polls for each of them like PW used to see who should fight in Dead Man Running. Leave 'em up for a preset amount of time, maybe a week. See what the results say at the end and go from there, run more polls if necessary.

This would give us something concrete to point at so we can say "the community would like X as opposed to Y". Does this sound reasonable, or is it a little overcomplicated? It's late so I might not be thinking straight, lol.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: October 08, 2014, 12:10:40 am »

Yeah. Then we'll have Arm Cannon Skeleton guy and Cult Robe dude. We'd be the best team up ever. :P
Team CRACS. It's genius! No one will expect it!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: October 08, 2014, 01:22:58 am »

Actually, I just realized you're suggesting PW more than double our sod production rate, and make expansion far more rapid.  No complaint from me~

Those are just some 'random' numbers to give an idea of the ratio of one versus the other. Pw can decide on correct raw numbers.

For the record, sod production is still much too low. The US military recruits more new soldiers monthly than we produce (they have to fight for half a continent. We have to supply troopers to the whole galaxy).

((I think the difference is in training. Fleshpit sods are "blank" and need to be trained. 3D printer sods are produced already trained.))
((That would place the bottleneck at the amount of vr machines there are for training. But yeah, I can see that taking some extra time, but the difference is still huge (if the forge is both faster, more versatile, yet costs same amount of time/resources, then the fleshpits are horribly outdated tech).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 01:31:48 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: October 08, 2014, 01:43:18 am »

First, automanips are not field manips.  The former is a very specialized piece of hardware produced in a factory- you'd have to custom order it from heph, we'd spend a month or two designing it, then it would be sent to you (for a price of fifteen+ tokens, if you want a 50' beam) in one of the supply shuttles.  On top of that, it would be a massive thing the size of your torso, and could only fire once, unless it was made even larger (The size of your whole body, or maybe a car).  Even worse, it would be a CON weapon!

This entire paragraph sounds wrong, to me. Automanipulators are exactly automated field manipulators. People have bought automanipulators without requiring Hephaestus to custom make them before, and they certainly weren't that huge - Bishop bought three, and he wasn't encumbered by them, at all. Automanipulators are also part of some of the armory weapons - the Plasma Projector and the Fission Instigator, for instance. The only way they'd be that huge was if you wanted them to not need batteries, and I still think you're overestimating the size.

I can see where you're getting the Con weapon part from, but personally I disagree.

Here are quotes I spent half the night dragging up from the depths of the ship thread. Too tired to form coherent argument right now.
Can you create variable for automatic manipulators (such as a dial to change range, or the like)
How small do automated amps come?
(Nope, size of a deck of cards

See how automated field manipulators work, in particular if they need a power source and can be adapted from and to anything or just come in preset varieties.
As per automated field manipulators, they come in preset varieties and use batteries.

Well, here's the thing Automanips have a low end cost of about 5-6 tokens.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 2205