Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2502039 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9750 on: October 07, 2014, 02:08:53 pm »

Faith took another deep breath.

"I suppose not. Ready whenever."

"Good. Good." the doctor says and straps you down to the bed. "To stop you from wandering. Or removing electrodes. Or clawing out eyes." He walks to the door and flicks off the light, standing silhouetted there for an instant. "Don't worry. No chance of error. Out of human hands. Machine handles everything." And then he closes the door.

>Yes, don't worry. Machine handles everything. 

You're about to protest when the world is sucked into a pinhole and you're suddenly floating in nothing. You're bobbing in the water above a great and endless black, unable to turn and see what lies behind you. Above you is an endless starscape, a great black void shot through with hot points of light and luminance clouds of dust. And then you see something, a shadow creeping across those stars, a darker black then the emptiness around it, blotting out the myriad suns. It is a sillouette of endless claws and fangs and gaping maws, razor sharp probosci and writhing flesh. It chitters and cries and grunts and screams and claws its way across the galaxy toward you, mindless and violent, searching, always searching for something.

It's coming for you, you can feel it. You can feel its intentions, it's desires so powerful that they're leaking into your mind. The urge to penetrate, to grow within, to rend and reform, to tear and vivisect, to use you as mortar in its endless construction. There is no hate there, no fear, no emotion palatable to the human mind. It does what it does not out of any conscious decision but because it is inherent to its existence. And you, the entirety of the human species, mean nothing to it.

And then you're back in the room, the lights are on and the doctor is looking down at you, nodding. "We're done." he says with an unreadable tone. "I will work with this data. Find a way to protect your mind. Free to go for now. May need more tests later."
Is it Star-Eater here? Scary creatures of galactic scale appear to be a thing in ERverse. And quite often somehow related to the Doc.

Now to think about it; maybe the mind-insulation helmet is result of this research?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: October 07, 2014, 02:25:54 pm »

Whatever happened to the pill that could make someone capable of going toe-to-toe with an Altered? It wasn't ever used.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9752 on: October 07, 2014, 02:31:40 pm »

Whatever happened to the pill that could make someone capable of going toe-to-toe with an Altered? It wasn't ever used.
It was given to the infirmary for analysis. The results about what it would do were deemed inconclusive without further testing, although it was implied it would heavily modify the body of the user. At least that's what I remember. If the pill is still intact or can be recreated from the data, then someone could try it. If it doesn't turn you into some kind of horrible thing, it would be quite useful.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: October 07, 2014, 02:33:37 pm »

The guy did specify 'while retaining my humanity' or something similar.
Sig! Onol

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #9754 on: October 07, 2014, 02:40:51 pm »

I did. I also did not expect it to be true.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9755 on: October 07, 2014, 02:42:12 pm »

Humanity is a rather vague concept. One can say that humanity is something of the mind or something of the body, leaving the other open to modification. I mean look at Xan. He looks like a human, he thinks like a human, but he's still a horrible thing.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: October 07, 2014, 03:09:47 pm »

he thinks like a human

are you sure about that because I'm not.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9757 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:44 pm »

he thinks like a human

are you sure about that because I'm not.
He does!
Just a very malavolent one.
Sig! Onol

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: October 07, 2014, 03:31:07 pm »

I wonder how Xan would react if someone skilled enough with neural amps meat-puppeted him another parent into being? Even funnier if they dominated and meat-puppeted himself into a characterization of his own memories of his flesh totem-parent. Just for giggles really.

Actually, as a question, what would people suggest for a multi-function weapon if Sambo survives this mission, a microwave amp or manipulator? I've got crappy stats for each (bare minimum, slightly worse for exotics), but I'm wondering if they both go out of control as badly as each other? And can a manipulator's battery get recharged off a generator if it gets modded? I'll going into unconventional probably anyway (a bit shooty, a bit melee'y, maybe a bit fry'y as well? General purpose grunt), but I don't know if anyone has done some tinkering/theorizing on rechargeable manipulators yet.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:50:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: October 07, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »

I have no idea. Xan's base personality was fermented from the stew of repressed anger and abandonment issues I have roiling around in the back corner of my mind, so if the situation comes up the appropriate response will be given. I can't really say until then; my RP is a gut thing.
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: October 07, 2014, 03:50:02 pm »

I wonder how Xan would react if someone skilled enough with neural amps meat-puppeted him another parent into being? Even funnier if they dominated and meat-puppeted himself into a characterization of his own memories of his flesh totem-parent. Just for giggles really.

Actually, as a question, what would people suggest for a multi-function weapon if Sambo survives this mission, a microwave amp or manipulator? I've got crappy stats for each (bare minimum), but I'm wondering if they both go out of control as badly as each other? And can a manipulator's battery get recharged off a generator?
They can both malfunction pretty drastically. But you can throw a manip away and run for dear life, while an amp is stuck in your brain.

Why not go for con first, seeing as you've already got a +1 in that from your class?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: October 07, 2014, 03:52:32 pm »

General purpose character. No real downsides other than speech (which I'm having a ball RPing btw), probably going to pump strength then dex, or whatever seems appropriate. +1 is great, +2 is just too focused for Sambo.

A mkII suit is my main priority (I sort of like a game where mid/top tier stuff (mkIII's) aren't handed out like candy), just for survival. But multi-purpose stuff is great as well.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 03:55:01 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: October 07, 2014, 03:58:36 pm »

General purpose character. No real downsides other than speech (which I'm having a ball RPing btw), probably going to pump strength then dex, or whatever seems appropriate. +1 is great, +2 is just too focused for Sambo.

A mkII suit is my main priority (I sort of like a game where mid/top tier stuff (mkIII's) aren't handed out like candy), just for survival. But multi-purpose stuff is great as well.
Well, if you uncon you also get explosives and kinetic amps along with the manips. So, for general purpose those could be handy. I think.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: October 07, 2014, 04:00:02 pm »

Got a kinetic amp, so might go for a microwave manipulator. In the unlikely scenario that I survive......
It's a game. Have fun.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9764 on: October 07, 2014, 04:41:59 pm »

I'm pumping... Hm. The mythril Needle is probably Uncon isn't it? I'm gonna make it into a punch-glove. So I'll probably pump Uncon and tinker for more fist stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 2205