Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494996 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #9720 on: October 06, 2014, 12:27:46 pm »

Oh, the tattoo.
CAND-F-811823
CANDidate-Fleshtech-some.random.numbers.serial. Candidate for Steve brain-joining, I think, or whatever else Steve needed us inmates in the first place. Dangerous tech testing? Xeno-anomaly-hellzone exploring? Toppling the UWM?
Every inmate fresh out of stasis has a similar row of letters and numbers tattoo, I think. Just no one cares, like with the chest-valve required for stasis.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #9721 on: October 06, 2014, 12:31:53 pm »

Unrelated to anything going on, but I've been playing shadow of Mordor recently.

Pretty good. Ironically a better assassin's creed game then assassin's creed, thanks to the neat hierarchy system.
Yeah I was looking at it as well and pretty much everyone has been saying it's good.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #9722 on: October 06, 2014, 12:40:26 pm »

Should I buy it?
Thats up to you.  I dunno if it's worth 60 bucks; but it's basically assassin's creed with batman arkham City/asylum combat poured into a LOTR mold with some...liberties taken with the canon.

Personally, I like it because it lets you manipulate politics and build a shadow empire via betrayal and murder. It's also very pretty.

I'd say you may want to acquire it through less reputable means, play it, see if you like it, then buy it if you do.

Because, you know, demos don't exist any more because "Fuck you consumer"ism.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9723 on: October 06, 2014, 12:42:16 pm »

@Nikitian: The copy of the soundworm in Jim/Feyri escaped. Unless the soundworm was supernatural (which isn't impossible) then the copies in the datapads the team returned with them or even the helmetcam feeds should work. Or maybe there's a copy in the data they retrieved.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9724 on: October 06, 2014, 12:52:46 pm »

I will consider buying it, though I probably won't. It seems I have a serious problem with wrapping my head around several things at the same time. Whenever I start to focus on specific areas - like certain games/RPs, studies or whatever - other games or areas of my life start suffering from acute abandon. It might be a "limited drive/energy VS too much crap to take care of" problem of sorts, with work and Law school just not helping with matters. Talking of which, I need to get back to plug.dj, though those constant maintenances aren't really encouraging.

I think it was Harry who said Milno's development was quick and dirty and I agree, since he was basically a RPG parody character (young, farmboy) who made much farther than I expected him to. A few of his decisions were just stuff I thought would be funny/amusing while still remaining capable of being interpreted in more than one way if you wanted to get serious about it, such as eating his armburger. He's, of course, still in development but he'll never be a philosopher.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9725 on: October 06, 2014, 12:55:01 pm »

@Paris
If there is a copy remaining, it has not been discovered yet. As I think the mission was concluded to be a minor fail in not bringing in anything of worth (while being a certain win security-wise). The soundworm deleted himself from all mediums he had existed on on its way back to home dimension (including Jim's and Feyri's minds), and if the helmetcams were able to capture it, it must have done the same with the suit memory storage.
The only potential hope could be in those helmetcam-captured pieces of the soundworm that might not have captured him wholly, with digital sentience and all, and then try to recreate it based on those pieces.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9726 on: October 06, 2014, 12:56:59 pm »

Should I buy it?
Thats up to you.  I dunno if it's worth 60 bucks; but it's basically assassin's creed with batman arkham City/asylum combat poured into a LOTR mold with some...liberties taken with the canon.

Personally, I like it because it lets you manipulate politics and build a shadow empire via betrayal and murder. It's also very pretty.

I'd say you may want to acquire it through less reputable means, play it, see if you like it, then buy it if you do.

Because, you know, demos don't exist any more because "Fuck you consumer"ism.
Hey PW.
There's this game called That Which Sleeps getting kickstartered right now. They already made the game, they just need money to make better arts and they already overshot their funding goal and hit about 3 stretch goals.
Check it out. You'll probably really like it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9727 on: October 06, 2014, 01:08:18 pm »

@Paris
If there is a copy remaining, it has not been discovered yet. As I think the mission was concluded to be a minor fail in not bringing in anything of worth (while being a certain win security-wise). The soundworm deleted himself from all mediums he had existed on on its way back to home dimension (including Jim's and Feyri's minds), and if the helmetcams were able to capture it, it must have done the same with the suit memory storage.
The only potential hope could be in those helmetcam-captured pieces of the soundworm that might not have captured him wholly, with digital sentience and all, and then try to recreate it based on those pieces.
I don't remember that happening. I thought the mission was a great success, since they got all the data. And I'm pretty sure Jim found datapads with copies of the soundworm in them labelled "cure", so I don't see how those could be deleted, unless it was done in a supernatural manner. I guess I'll have to check the debrief once I get home.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9728 on: October 06, 2014, 01:13:52 pm »

You could just ask Steve, since a copy was sent to the Sword.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #9729 on: October 06, 2014, 01:17:00 pm »

You could just ask Steve, since a copy was sent to the Sword.
The copy Steve heard was thoroughly purged from his memory along with the infected wetware, but the part of it remaining in the Sword's comm buffers\logs might have been saved, depending on how afraid Steve was of it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9730 on: October 06, 2014, 01:20:12 pm »

Considering Steve erased the whole moon as soon as he learned true nature of the sound, I think every record possibly containing copy of it was purged.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9731 on: October 06, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »

Wish Sambo was on the diplomacy mission. He could have been a spokesperson for the ARM. Probably would have earned a medal already.......
It's a game. Have fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9732 on: October 06, 2014, 11:53:33 pm »

Seems like Steve wants to give you a medal on M18 too. And by "give you a medal", I mean "leave you bereft of fun bits so you can't enjoy the desert hookers when we finish the mission".
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #9733 on: October 06, 2014, 11:56:27 pm »

There's got to be a Nyars artifact that can fix that though. Space Magic Floating Limbo Penis o' Doom. No one will ever be safe again.
It's a game. Have fun.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9734 on: October 07, 2014, 12:37:54 am »

Nah, I already got the Shackle, and I think it has a combination for that, so you're out of luck.  :P
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.
Pages: 1 ... 647 648 [649] 650 651 ... 2205