Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492792 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8580 on: August 28, 2014, 12:59:43 pm »

Still not much time to post. Paris, you can lead the mission for now if you want. Should have time to decently post again in a few days or so.

Oh, and syv, you might have to wait a few days for your testament to be reviewed fully. Sorry for the delay.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8581 on: August 28, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »

@AM: You're thinking of the Shadow Walkers. And I just noticed that Morul IS actually falling, or that's how piecewise described it. And when were we told of disappearing outer rim colonies?

@RC: I'll do my best. Not much left to do but evacuate. Unless anybody has something they want to do or has a better idea?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8582 on: August 28, 2014, 02:17:28 pm »

Oh, easy thing to mistake. Walkers, Arbiters, there's so many similiar letters.

And missing worlds:
"He's got...memory of the doctor being executed...video he saw of it. Doctor looked older...accusation of war crimes...created...Ghostships, Arbiters, Something...something called Phobetor...Father of Nightmares...sightings of him...still alive...multiple places at the same time...connection to Origin...cellular matter spread over hundreds of worlds...Disappearance of outer rim colonies...Origin...What is Origin? Didn't know. Didn't know. Passages from wayfarer religious texts...For I have walked the distant planetary shores and the great darkness between them and seen the hand of God within each twinkling mote of dust and stellar cloud...for if God is to be found he shall be found in the stars...ENSHRINED IT IS AMONGST THE BURNING WORLDS OF MANKIND'S ARROGANCE; FOR HE SOUGHT TO MAKE A MAN OF GOD AND BORE FORTH A GOD OF MAN!
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8583 on: August 28, 2014, 02:22:52 pm »

I was under the impression that's a reference to the start of the Altered Wars, but I could be wrong here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8584 on: August 28, 2014, 02:23:40 pm »

I really want you to be wrong.  8)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8585 on: August 28, 2014, 02:30:03 pm »

This old guy in Mission 13 must be, like, really old, if that information actually means something to him. Well, that, or he went into the mother of all jump points.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8586 on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:44 pm »

@AM:
"Disappearance of outer rim colonies"... PW has been planning this for long time.
I asked because of the bolded part. I understood that as "this has been mentioned again a long time ago".

@HB: He's a historian, he might simply be a man who has dug too deep, talked to the wrong people, visited the wrong planets, put the pieces together. Assuming he had to visit different worlds to gather that info and that he has been hopping from system to system for some time and that he has had his life expectancy expanded by genetic modification, he could very well be 500 objective years old, meaning he was born at a time when the altered wars were still recent or on their final stages. And wasn't he from earth, which is now a museum world? That might have helped. Maybe he entered a forbidden library or something.

Edit: Found it: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=108083.msg5296239#msg5296239
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 02:58:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8587 on: August 28, 2014, 05:22:14 pm »

WEEEEEEEEEEEEELP.

I really, REALLY, want to know why Steve keeps him around.

Did you... miss the part where ARM is evil? :P
Sure, the current government doesn't do such a crash-hot job. But if they're the bad guys, we're most definitely the worse guys.
There aren't any good guys as far as I'm aware.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8588 on: August 28, 2014, 06:32:38 pm »

Well, there used to be some good guys who just wanted happiness for everyone, free, and so that no one would be forgotten! But then evil UWM crushed them on Hexbarax, and the good guys were no more.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8589 on: August 28, 2014, 07:46:04 pm »

Welp. I can totally survive this. Totally.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8590 on: August 28, 2014, 07:54:05 pm »

So, I just thought of something. Is there a radio station that the crew runs or are they subject to the whims of the inmates if they want to listen to music?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8591 on: August 28, 2014, 09:38:44 pm »

I know we have internet and TV, but I've never heard any mention of pure yet controlled music sources.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8592 on: August 28, 2014, 09:41:45 pm »

There was this:

Flint:
The radio presets are "All" "Maintenance" and "Funky". All appears to be an open frequency for all the people on the ship. Maintenance is a narrower range, probably just picks up Maintenance. Funky is music. Specifically this is playing. Huh...It seems that Funky was the station they has the radio turned to when you ambushed them.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8593 on: August 28, 2014, 09:53:16 pm »

I know we have internet and TV, but I've never heard any mention of pure yet controlled music sources.
I thought that the inmate run radio station was the plug.dj(?) thing. So I was wondering if the crew had a radio station they ran.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8594 on: August 29, 2014, 03:17:53 am »

Someone should really check the R&D progress on the mission 9 samples.

Weve got the crystal armor sure, but whats going on with the suit sealant, organic computers and energy beads?
There's no progress. R&D remained on Hephaestus, and somebody forgot to offload the materials.
Forgot to respond to this with all the debating stuff and buying hot chips at the time i read it.

You do remember that there was a one year timeskip between the assault and defence of Haphaestus right?
Plenty of time for R&D to research energy beads on ship considering how fast the HEP made it to the armory, that and the fact we used the reverse engineered energy absorbing crystal from the same mission during the assault.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.
Pages: 1 ... 571 572 [573] 574 575 ... 2205