Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497663 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #8400 on: August 23, 2014, 04:59:47 am »

((I don't think we did. Just assume he's been sleeping in a bunk in the corner or vacantly staring into space for months))
I love how plausible this is in context.

Same end result, really.
For Alderaan, sure.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #8401 on: August 23, 2014, 05:10:22 am »

Unfortunately. If that thing of meteorites turns out to have Altered on it...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #8402 on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:57 am »

Hehe. My thought exactly. It's not like destroying planets was UWM's SOP for dealing with Altered infestation, was it now?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8403 on: August 23, 2014, 05:41:00 am »

Hehe. My thought exactly. It's not like destroying planets was UWM's SOP for dealing with Altered infestation, was it now?

Well, I wouldn't think they shattered a planet to do it - seems like an unreasonable waste of resources when you could just glass the surface instead.

Now, if a group of Altered pulled one of those Mycon-style stunts where they burrow deep within the mantle and then shatter the planet to create a seeding fleet or something, then that might be a problem.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8404 on: August 23, 2014, 05:50:53 am »

Well, I wouldn't think they shattered a planet to do it - seems like an unreasonable waste of resources when you could just glass the surface instead.

Now, if a group of Altered pulled one of those Mycon-style stunts where they burrow deep within the mantle and then shatter the planet to create a seeding fleet or something, then that might be a problem.

omg a fellow star-con player.

Yeah the Altered Wars all sound. Uh. Bad. And the fact that PW has stat sheets for them all really scares me. Think we'll be seeing some in near-future missions?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8405 on: August 23, 2014, 05:54:39 am »

Stat sheets? What is this?

Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #8406 on: August 23, 2014, 06:35:01 am »

Well, don't get me wrong. It's not like I want to continue the chain, which does limit our options somewhat.

It's just that everyone's solution to that so far appears to be mission accomplished time to book it.
I was thinking more along the lines of using my rope to lasso you. With a dynamic bonus, there's no way I'd screw that up. Then I'd just rocket you out of there.

Wonder if I could throw the rope in the basement or if the darkness would cut it like it did in the blackdomes.

Now that I think about it, rope and duct tape seem like very useful objects. Wonder why we don't give them to all our newbies. Maybe along with a utility knife.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8407 on: August 23, 2014, 08:06:00 am »

Yeah the Altered Wars all sound. Uh. Bad. And the fact that PW has stat sheets for them all really scares me. Think we'll be seeing some in near-future missions?

Queh? Stat sheets for the Altered? Am I missing something?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8408 on: August 23, 2014, 02:46:04 pm »

(I think, the less fucked up the original intent of the mission, the more fuckery begins during the mission. Exhibit A: Mission 15.)
To be fair, that was also the result of PW's unique system of nerfing Xan, who was rapidly becoming really OP.
Sig! Onol

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #8409 on: August 23, 2014, 03:01:48 pm »

Everyone is running, really bad stuff could be coming and somebody suggested calling down a 'rod from god'. I picked a really good time to get back to checking this regularly.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8410 on: August 23, 2014, 03:41:27 pm »

(I think, the less fucked up the original intent of the mission, the more fuckery begins during the mission. Exhibit A: Mission 15.)
To be fair, that was also the result of PW's unique system of nerfing Xan, who was rapidly becoming really OP.

Bullshit. Xan wasn't even nearly OP. Hell, he never even used his powers in a really meaningful way besides eating or scaring civvies. He still has a long way to go.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8411 on: August 23, 2014, 03:51:35 pm »

At least that's the way PW explained it in the ER Talk. It was something like 'Say a player finds a combination that really works well, like they really start to get good really fast. I can't just tell them to stop doing that -'
PW sister: 'yeah, stop being good at the game'
PW: 'So instead I just set the universe to ... react violently to them [cant really remember what was said here]. The mission where they unleashed an angry god, the one I told you about? That's one of them'

Or something like that. He was kinda average beforehand, but when he hit 30 Will and 15 Exo or something like that and gained the chance to roll a 9 without being in an Avatar of War, then he started to match that category. Just never had the opportunity to test that out.
Sig! Onol

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8412 on: August 23, 2014, 10:31:12 pm »

Well not for us to peruse but back when I was lurking in on this I remember someone in a VR who put themselves in the midst of a battle with some Altered. So he knows what exactly they can and cannot do in combat.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8413 on: August 23, 2014, 10:55:29 pm »

Well not for us to peruse but back when I was lurking in on this I remember someone in a VR who put themselves in the midst of a battle with some Altered. So he knows what exactly they can and cannot do in combat.
Well of course he knows what they can do in general terms, but most of the Altered combat we've seen has been in terms of mass combat. "[Con:6] You rip through rows of Altered with your laser rifle, as well as rows of UWM soldiers. More Altered quickly swarm over the corpses and begin overrunning the lines" type stuff. I think there have been solo Altered battles, though.

Probably more importantly, though, PW mentioned at some point (and ER talk?) that VR Altered are actually nerfed, "clean" Altered. The real ones were apparently far nastier in some sense, though if anybody's figured out how I haven't seen it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8414 on: August 23, 2014, 11:13:59 pm »

If I remember correctly RC/Miya played the battle of Hexbarax against "actual" Altered and they were more like an unstoppable wall of flesh that nukes just barely slowed down. I'm not sure how long ago that was though.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!
Pages: 1 ... 559 560 [561] 562 563 ... 2205