Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2488404 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #840 on: February 18, 2014, 02:49:40 pm »

Ray was just... average. The quintessential Contra soldier, with no really interesting weapons, so playing as him is rather boring. He's got the classic "spread shot", plus somewhat underwhelming grenades and pathetically weak but very accurate mini-missiles. Anyone else has more nonstandard and interesting weapons, plus everyone else are people you wouldn't normally play as in any regular Contra game - a woman, a half-wolf cyborg, and a little robot. So he's most often dismissed as being too usual.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: February 18, 2014, 03:11:36 pm »

I think he just had a boring design, really. :P Too bad because spread shot can be super OP if you know what you're doing.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: February 18, 2014, 03:15:04 pm »

Sheena had HOMING spread shot. It hit everything in front of you as it fanned out, then could hit it again as it converged on the nearest target. Even her ballistic grenades were more interesting than Ray's direct-fire ones. And Fang's "punchsplosion" - now that is OP. If you remember the final boss of the first level, it does this fly-through thing that levels a building in the background before the fight starts proper. With Fang's exploding punches, I managed to kill that guy with the building remaining intact. THAT is OP.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:17:36 pm by Sean Mirrsen »

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: February 18, 2014, 03:25:00 pm »

I imagine Ray's spreadshot was stronger, though. I'll have to play that again at some point and check. And yeah, that move is strong, but you have to really risk death to use it. :P

But yeah, I'm thinking more of TAW when I talk about spreadshot. You can level most bosses in seconds with it if you have the balls to stand nose to nose with them.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: February 18, 2014, 04:19:26 pm »

@Nikitan, Morul would love nothing more than to be rid of that knife. The only reason he does have it was because he was gonna try and sneak up on people and slice them back when we were defending the sword, and he saw Xan use it. Now that Xan is an ambulatory fleshhorror, Morul doesn't want Xan getting the knife back. So yeah, I'd totally give up the knife, but talk to Xan for payment, or whatever.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: February 18, 2014, 04:28:27 pm »

More accurately, Xan's a stubborn bastard who wants payment for giving his crap away, so he'll keep bugging whoever has the knife for his one token.
Speaking of tokens, I apparently have enough to get a Mass Manipulator Amp.
>:)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: February 18, 2014, 05:02:07 pm »

Those are pretty useful. Perhaps more so than the Microwave amps really.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: February 18, 2014, 05:44:51 pm »

A more expensive device is more useful than a cheaper one? Really!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: February 18, 2014, 05:46:09 pm »

Unnecessary sarcasm bordering on outright dickishness brought you by the above poster.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: February 18, 2014, 05:49:58 pm »

That was a bit exaggerated.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: February 18, 2014, 08:09:44 pm »

That reminded me of Sesame Street.
Note to self, make next character Elmo if Xan dies.
Sig! Onol

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:31 pm »

After completing the game for I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream, I've now come to realize that Steve is the best, most compassionate Supercomputer Overlord ever.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: February 18, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »

He's just using us as puppets, but yeah compared to the majority of media Steve's actually very kind. He even protects humanity from secrets they're not ready for!
Sig! Onol

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: February 19, 2014, 11:22:39 am »

Anyone know who hasn't posted?
Pyro, Tiruin, anyone else?
Sig! Onol

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: February 19, 2014, 11:39:43 am »

There are far too many people to keep track of everybody. Pyro and Tiruin are probably the only ones I can point out.

Also, Pyro hasn't visited the Tinker thread lately. There's a conversation/discussion/debate hanging in the air.

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 2205