Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492162 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6915 on: July 12, 2014, 10:57:15 pm »

You don't know what Beirus saw in Afghanistan! The farmer could have been an insurgent alien so he had to clip him just to make sure. Also, yay me!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6916 on: July 12, 2014, 11:06:34 pm »

I can take care of those hay bales, boss!  Just let me pull the BIG BOOM BOOM trigger?

Are the old school high explosives in there?  Those things were ridiculously useful.  Clear paths, enemies, inconvenient walls, lines of fire, useless teammates, anything!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6917 on: July 12, 2014, 11:22:49 pm »

Some bonus material and a shot of the new guy filling in while DP is in the hospital.

Former Spetsnaz too. Lets hope he isn't a fuck up.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6918 on: July 12, 2014, 11:35:38 pm »

Awww yis! Vincent made it in AND made a decent shot =D
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6919 on: July 12, 2014, 11:38:37 pm »

This is starting to look really cool. I might have to acquire it at some point.

Our first real mission is a downed UFO somewhere in lower china. Lower china with cabbages and hay...Oh well.
Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6920 on: July 12, 2014, 11:41:58 pm »

I was actually going to mention that the lizardmen have bad eyesight and intelligence. They make up for it by being tough to kill. Just wait till the gray men come in.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6921 on: July 13, 2014, 12:04:25 am »

There may be some downtime in this little alien hunting expedition when Abyss Odyssey comes out.

Look into it if you haven't heard of it.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6922 on: July 13, 2014, 01:10:54 am »

Well. That looks awesome.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6923 on: July 13, 2014, 06:01:30 am »

Huh, I'm Spanish in Xenonauts.

At least I hit things.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6924 on: July 13, 2014, 06:54:47 am »

@Mission 14: You could just threaten them with killing the hostages while you wait for the rest of the team to finish exploring.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6925 on: July 13, 2014, 11:19:54 am »

Okay, so I was on an inspirational roll today and actually drew a thing. It's not the Halberd, but I suspect it'll end up being related. This is what Anton, should he survive the current events and Simus's scolding afterwards, will theoretically be working towards for the "mass-produced giant robot" department.

ATX stands for "Armored Trooper eXperiment". I may have lifted that one off a game somewhere. Basically the point of this machine is to be mass-producible, easily repairable, and capable enough in combat to pulverize Battlesuits in close quarters. It doesn't use synthflesh or space magic anywhere in its construction, and relies primarily on its high mobility and assault shield for defense. For offense, if the Plasma Stake project works out at some point, it could potentially be able to punch a limb off an Avatar - since concentrated plasma is one of the few things almost everything is vulnerable to.

A lot of it is wishful thinking, I know, but seeing as the Halberd is fundamentally similar in a lot of respects, and seems to work well enough in simulation, I guess it's not so far-fetched after all.

And speaking of. Tavik, how different would the Halberd look to this? Do you want to just replicate the anime mechs, or did you have something different in mind for the design?
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6926 on: July 13, 2014, 11:23:15 am »

Okay, so I was on an inspirational roll today and actually drew a thing. It's not the Halberd, but I suspect it'll end up being related. This is what Anton, should he survive the current events and Simus's scolding afterwards, will theoretically be working towards for the "mass-produced giant robot" department.

ATX stands for "Armored Trooper eXperiment". I may have lifted that one off a game somewhere. Basically the point of this machine is to be mass-producible, easily repairable, and capable enough in combat to pulverize Battlesuits in close quarters. It doesn't use synthflesh or space magic anywhere in its construction, and relies primarily on its high mobility and assault shield for defense. For offense, if the Plasma Stake project works out at some point, it could potentially be able to punch a limb off an Avatar - since concentrated plasma is one of the few things almost everything is vulnerable to.

A lot of it is wishful thinking, I know, but seeing as the Halberd is fundamentally similar in a lot of respects, and seems to work well enough in simulation, I guess it's not so far-fetched after all.

And speaking of. Tavik, how different would the Halberd look to this? Do you want to just replicate the anime mechs, or did you have something different in mind for the design?
Basically the same except that the pilot is enclosed.

And both our deigns could actually end up working with each other in some way.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6927 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:55 am »

Awesome as always, Sean.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6928 on: July 13, 2014, 11:40:05 am »

We catch sight of another ufo a day or two later and send the interceptors out to deal with it. Unfortunately they lose track of it somewhere between the horn of africa and the ocean north of madagascar, and despite patrolling till they run low on fuel, we can't find it.

Immediately after they return to base we get word of a new crash site. These civies are doing a better job then we are, it's a bit embarrassing. This time the crashsite is in the dead center of Australia.

Lets see, the landing zone is somewhere in the middle of the Outback, one of the largest arid zones on earth. Anyone wanna bet on the kind of map we get? Oh wait, update, we catch sight of a UFO over central Africa as Charlie 1 heads for Australia and we scramble the interceptors again. We take it down without issue this time, so I guess we'll have to go see to that when we get back from the other crash site.

So two things of good news: First, this is a night mission so we're gonna be throwing flares about like a mother fucker. Second

More fucking cabbage. In fact, I think this is the same fucking level as last time. Is this some sort of devious DRM they put on pirates? Nothing but the same cabbage level? We advance quite deep into the territory without finding anyone, just leap frogging our way forward, popping flares and staying in cover.

Lots of time passes, and about all we have to show for it is finding one civi and hearing weird noises somewhere behind us. I keep two guys in the rear, watching out for uninvited guests as we charge around, but they've seen nothing so far. The civi flips out and runs back and forth. There's what sounds like a normal gunshot to the north, so we head that way. FInally, we spot our first baddy, hanging around the corner of a hedge. Sy, our sniper, hits him once and severyone else moves in to attack. Tavik and vincent provide the rest of the shots needed to kill the lizard man and everything goes quiet yet again. Not far beyond the first alien is the ship itself, nestled between a tree stump and some hay bales.

We enter the area and fan out, looking for hostiles. I know for a fact that there's gonna be at least one in the ship, probably more, so I post our shotgunners, Beirus and Theo over by the door, to give any one that charges out of there a 12 gauge welcome. The rest of the team spreads out amongst the cover we can find, slowly searching the area for the stragglers that are no doubt hanging out in the shadows. One charges out and  gets put down by the reaction fire of Tavik and Kyle, but the area seems oddly empty otherwise.

And then things get cheap. First, the doors open and an alien charges out of the ship and gets mowed down by our shotgunners, as is to be expected. but THEN, his buddy decides that physics is more of a suggestion and just murders one of our troops by firing straight through a wall. I'm not even kidding. And that is where I call bullshit and reload.

So this time I do what any reasonable, wall hack fearing american would do. I stack up on the door like a mother fucker and get ready to trade tactics for bullet spam.

Wrong neighborhood mother fucker.

This time we just bull rush the room, shotguns blazing, running into their faces and shooting until the hissing stops. Jerks.

Oh and the 3rd crash site just vanishes before we can get to it because...I dunno. Maybe it's like that scene in Lord of War and a bunch of African Natives stripped the UFO within hours of the crash.

This is what the base looks like now, by the way. Added a hospital and some missile launchers just in case.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6929 on: July 13, 2014, 11:46:47 am »

Any crashsites you can't get to in time (normally some 24 hours is the limit), you can airstrike. This gives you a predetermined sum of money based on saucer type, and nothing else.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India
Pages: 1 ... 460 461 [462] 463 464 ... 2205