Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492608 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6900 on: July 12, 2014, 05:18:01 pm »

Hello. I'm new to roll to dodge, and this looks like fun. Is there anything for me to know about, specifically how do i introduce my character? i know how to make it, just not sure how to introduce. last, im typing on a ps3, so i can bold, so il [bracket] what i want to do, if that's ok. thank you and that about it i think.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:42 pm »

Hello. I'm new to roll to dodge, and this looks like fun. Is there anything for me to know about, specifically how do i introduce my character? i know how to make it, just not sure how to introduce. last, im typing on a ps3, so i can bold, so il [bracket] what i want to do, if that's ok. thank you and that about it i think.
welcome, we can always use more meat for the grinder allies.

Our wiki has a nice new player guide that is certainly worth reading through for the basics. link

As for introducing, you should just present your character sheet to PW in the correct thread and then he'll give you to go-ahead and dump your character out of one of the stasis pods.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 05:39:08 pm by Pancaek »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: July 12, 2014, 05:37:59 pm »

Welcome.

You will diiiiiiiiiiiie.

But your character is introduced by falling out of his pod in the ship, naked and covered in goo. You can then be assumed to figure out the basics about where to buy things, what VR does, and so on for expediency's sake. You can faff about there until a new mission opens up, at which point you can volunteer and, as a 0-Mission newbie, probably be guaranteed a spot.

Also, you can bold with [ b ] and [ / b ] brackets. That shouldn't be too much harder to use than just brackets, and infinitely easier for PW to see.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: July 12, 2014, 05:59:16 pm »

Can you describe the "shoulder blades"? Everything else I seem to understand. I can't figure out how the heck are shoulder-mounted physical blades used.

Also, so far it seems to be hitting a lot of the same points. Depending on what tech from my list I end up being able to actually make work, my design might not end up being so different from yours after all.
It's based on a mech called a "Double edge" from an anime called "Blue Gender".

If you go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nztY0kQoA
at 1:22:30 you'll see it and what the blades are for and do.
So... giant switchblades. Okay, now I see how they work, but it seems like they'd only really work in an anime environment, or against very unarmored targets - which most mech-scale targets aren't. And which testing so far proves. :P

Not completely sold on the shoulder-knives, but assuming they're relatively cheap and can actually be switched out for a more conventional weapon, I see no reason not to have them.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: July 12, 2014, 06:00:23 pm »

Can you describe the "shoulder blades"? Everything else I seem to understand. I can't figure out how the heck are shoulder-mounted physical blades used.

Also, so far it seems to be hitting a lot of the same points. Depending on what tech from my list I end up being able to actually make work, my design might not end up being so different from yours after all.
It's based on a mech called a "Double edge" from an anime called "Blue Gender".

If you go here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9nztY0kQoA
at 1:22:30 you'll see it and what the blades are for and do.
So... giant switchblades. Okay, now I see how they work, but it seems like they'd only really work in an anime environment, or against very unarmored targets - which most mech-scale targets aren't. And which testing so far proves. :P

Not completely sold on the shoulder-knives, but assuming they're relatively cheap and can actually be switched out for a more conventional weapon, I see no reason not to have them.
They can me mixed and matched with Gauss cannons.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: July 12, 2014, 06:14:21 pm »

Thanks, this will help a ton
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 06:18:33 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: July 12, 2014, 07:16:08 pm »

I'll volunteer for PW's Xenonauts game, as well.  "Felix Grant", an Assault(?) with an Assault Rifle-equivalent, please.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6907 on: July 12, 2014, 08:13:05 pm »

So this is our Base right now:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We just shot down a ufo with no problems and I'm trying to figure out how the hell to change the names of the soldiers.

Edit:
Figured it out, oddly it's not on the soldier screen, but on the soldier equipment screen.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 08:19:16 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6908 on: July 12, 2014, 08:46:33 pm »

Here's our current team
http://imgur.com/a/9PKVa

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: July 12, 2014, 09:05:58 pm »

Woo, only one with combat experience! Hope that's beneficial.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: July 12, 2014, 09:15:49 pm »

It's just like the ARM; the best and brightest are needed, and you got us jokers!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: July 12, 2014, 09:21:35 pm »

Woo! I'm a Japanese woman!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: July 12, 2014, 10:40:45 pm »

These people look like such mooks.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: July 12, 2014, 10:46:22 pm »

At least they have the authentic XCOM newbie armor- wishful thinking.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #6914 on: July 12, 2014, 10:49:15 pm »

Our first real mission is a downed UFO somewhere in lower china. Lower china with cabbages and hay...Oh well.

We find two aliens who appear to be killing time by making a hapless farmer dance, with random laser fire as motivation. That or their aim is fucked. I'm hoping it is the latter, since that will make my life easier.

One of the aliens runs up to what looks like maybe 15 feet from the Hay bale that Dark Paladin and Theodore are hiding behind over there on the right and proceeds to unload into it, hitting no one and proving that damp hay is indeed, laser proof. On my turn Dark Paladin fires three times...and misses every fucking time despite a good 45% chance. Ahh. Well FUCK IT.

I have Theodore break cover and just bum rush the bastard and put the barrel of his shotgun straight up the alien's nose. Even then, directly next to the fucker, it's only an 86% shot. These rookies bro, they have an amazing ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Luckily Theo doesn't fuck up and a face full of buckshot is enough to put the alien down.

I had Berius take a shot at the other alien and he managed to injure both the farmer and the alien...so way to go Berius, fantastic multi-tasking. Kyle manages to hit the alien with a shot and doesn't even hit a civilian! During his turn the alien busily fires at the farmer...missing every shot. Jesus, the aim in this game. Suicide must be a hell of a thing: Put the gun in your mouth and fire 4 times before you hit anything. Kyle and Tavik manage to take out the other alien via just getting right up in it's face and shooting several times.  Oh, and Beirus managed to get a snap shot off on a alien running by and brings it down in one shot! Good Job Berius!

Tavik walks around a hedge and finds an alien just hanging out back there. It takes him, Kyle and Berius to bring him down via spraying fire into his face from 2 feet away. I'm sensing a pattern here: close range, high volume of bullets seems most effective. Finally we get eyes on the UFO.

And of course an alien comes charges out and hides behind the invincible hay bale. So guess who gets to go in and scout it out? THATS RIGHT, MR. EXPENDABLE AKA Dark Paladin. He finds that luckily, there's no one we can see off to the left, so they must all be to the right or in the ship. Now..lets see if we can apply the "gun to face, bullets to brain" strategy.

Vincent manages to hit the alien, even from a distance, and even when he was in cover. Good job Vincent, you continue to prove that Dark Paladin is just a fuck up. Speaking of fuck up, I have DP run straight up and fire a burst shot into the alien. He misses at least 60% of the shots and then promptly gets horribly mangled by return fire. Cool. Theo takes the alien out with a shotgun blast and I have tavik get his medkit out to go bandage DP up. Finally, we're in position to take the ship itself.

There's all of one alien in there and he goes down with a hit by DP (Finally) and a blast by Beirus. Here's the end screen.

Of course DP is the only one who gets a medal. For bleeding. Yay DP, you got fucked up so bad we decided to give you a medal.

(Any relation between the fuckup named Dark Paladin and the forum user by the same name is purely coincidental. Dark Paladin is a cool guy. His name just seems to confer the stupid virus on characters in this game.)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:53:19 pm by piecewise »
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 2205