Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494856 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6660 on: July 01, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »

I count five people on Mission 14 with amps. Two were butchered by machine gun fire, one's getting fucked up by pain worms and water elementals in a cold dark hell, one lost his legs, and the last is an unconscious puppet controlled by a banshee.

You heard it here first, folks- space magic is bad luck.

Anyway, I'm running out of ideas. Presumably Steve would have shut down her body if he could, so we can probably conclude that he can't (asking him while doing other things couldn't hurt, though). As far as I can tell, we've got three "real" options left:

1. Entomb Faith in however much asphalt and mangled cars it takes. Problem here is that this is entirely temporary- such a mass would be too big to haul back to the ship, so it'd be a complete stalling action.
2. Using Pancaek's cameyes for guidance, bore a hole in the goop to Faith's arms. Have someone more easily contained (possibly even a hostage) reach in and grab hold, hoping to force a transfer just by holding on long enough. Problem here is that it's not terribly likely to work, and that then we have someone else we need to contain or maim somehow. Of course, that someone else could probably be contained simply by wrapping a steel girder around them or something, so that's a plus.
3. Using Pancaek's cameyes for guidance, try to melt Faith's arms off. Problem here is it might not work all the way, it cripples one of our powerhouses for the mission, and it'll be tricky to pull off if she bursts out of the goop immediately upon Pancaek switching to microwave mode. Could try mass manipulation to rip them out instead, I suppose, but I have no idea which would be more effective.

Of course, there's always Plan B: Ask Steve for advice. He might know the best way to deal with her limbs, if nothing else.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: July 01, 2014, 09:12:53 pm »

Once my legs are back on, I'm high tailing it to the APC. You can guess what happens next.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: July 01, 2014, 09:26:15 pm »

Once my legs are back on, I'm high tailing it to the APC. You can guess what happens next.
You fire indiscriminately into the building a second time, distracting Pancaek long enough for NotFaith to free herself and butcher anyone you haven't already gotten to?

Really though, your legs aren't going anywhere. The real answer is probably "Steve asks you where you think you're going."

Or maybe "Hasala and Kyle say hello just as you activate the light and turn around." :P
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: July 01, 2014, 09:53:59 pm »

The room is completely dark through cam-eyes. It's presumably filled with whatever blocked vision from outside.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: July 01, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »

Hmm, so you wouldn't mind too much if Yttra borrows the Gungnir you're not using and tries to fry NotFaith?

Because assuming she's still berserk, her choices are basically that, or reloading with namite. Which she will do.

I think i'm gonna start calling bodysnatched Faith "Despair". It seems really fitting right now ><

I suppose if Pancaek somehow snaps all Despair's limbs off while she's still in the goo-ball, then that might render her unable to break out of it, allowing us to glue the goo-ball to the top of the APC (there's still another canister of goo), and high-tail it outta there.

Of course worst-case scenario, even if that works the bodysnatcher will just phase out thru the goo like she phased thru Konrad's shield.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: July 02, 2014, 12:20:44 am »

I think i'm gonna start calling bodysnatched Faith "Despair". It seems really fitting right now ><
Hah! I like this.

I like the indiscriminate guns and such less.

I suppose if Pancaek somehow snaps all Despair's limbs off while she's still in the goo-ball, then that might render her unable to break out of it, allowing us to glue the goo-ball to the top of the APC (there's still another canister of goo), and high-tail it outta there.

Of course worst-case scenario, even if that works the bodysnatcher will just phase out thru the goo like she phased thru Konrad's shield.
That would be oddly ideal, but I suspect Pancaek doesn't have the power for it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: July 02, 2014, 12:31:10 am »

We really need to start including remotely activated ejector limbs in all future synthbodies.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: July 02, 2014, 01:10:17 am »

If this turns into a tpk (or a retreat, maybe while leaving people behind) I wonder if Steve will allow a rescue team, or if he'll just cut his losses and chalk it up as another failure?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: July 02, 2014, 01:27:33 am »

I don't see any particular reason not to cram a second squad in there. Rescues aside, some shiny alien can opener is still inside.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: July 02, 2014, 01:59:33 am »

Really shiny, what with how well it's dealt with our squad O.O

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: July 02, 2014, 02:23:41 am »

What I'm concerned about is if it's just one shiny alien can opener.

And what the hell it/they does/do.

Because it/they is/are going to get shipped back for me and the guys to figure out what it/they is/are, what it/they do, and how we can build you guys guns out of it/them. And that's not in order of priority.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 02:25:21 am by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: July 02, 2014, 02:37:27 am »

Well, if we can salvage the cultist corpses you should get all sorts of quasi-shiny objects, hopefully in addition to the main haul(s). I had originally hoped to maybe even take Banshee alive!

It didn't work out well.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: July 02, 2014, 03:19:41 am »

I want the glowy green gun.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: July 02, 2014, 05:26:54 am »

Hey, I'll kill it, I'll loot it.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: July 02, 2014, 07:47:47 am »

...Does that mean every team member I kill's stuff is rightfully mine?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 2205