Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2494873 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6645 on: June 29, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

Aren't you using your amp?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6646 on: June 29, 2014, 04:27:24 pm »

Dex is so that you have a go before Faith does.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6647 on: June 29, 2014, 04:28:15 pm »

Oh, right, I forgot that dex defines move order there for a second. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with my amp.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6648 on: June 29, 2014, 04:32:35 pm »

Oh, right, I forgot that dex defines move order there for a second. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do with my amp.

Knock her over, levitate her, heatblade arms or legs. Lot's of options really.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6649 on: June 29, 2014, 04:35:01 pm »

I realize that, but Faith really isn't our problem here. I mean, she is right now, obviously. But it's miss hug-n-bodysnatch that we need to nuke out of existence somehow.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6650 on: June 29, 2014, 04:37:50 pm »

I realize that, but Faith really isn't our problem here. I mean, she is right now, obviously. But it's miss hug-n-bodysnatch that we need to nuke out of existence somehow.

Indeed, but it seems she needs physical contact to jump hosts. Keep Faith contained, and that should give you guys some breathing room to figure out a plan.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6651 on: June 29, 2014, 04:38:15 pm »

Best option is to at least temporarily remove Faith. The club allows her ranged attack, so just lifting and holding her off the ground won't do. Disarming or attacking in non-permanently-lethal way is hard, so easiest solution is just accelerate. Straight up. With any luck, by the time she's back down you can regroup, and she'd suffer enough structural damage on landing to not be as threatening.

As for the bodysnatcher, if the jumping is voluntary then you'll just have to somehow contain Faith. If it's involuntary... well, you could try tossing a cat at her, for instance, and see what happens.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6652 on: June 29, 2014, 04:39:24 pm »

Best option is to at least temporarily remove her. The club allows her ranged attack, so just lifting and holding her off the ground won't do. Disarming or attacking in non-permanently-lethal way is hard, so easiest solution is just accelerate. Straight up. With any luck, by the time she's back down you can regroup, and she'd suffer enough structural damage on landing to not be as threatening.
Remember the whole building has that blackness covering it. Pan could only launch her against the ceiling.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #6653 on: June 29, 2014, 04:43:04 pm »

Remember that her club is stuck to her.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6654 on: June 29, 2014, 04:46:35 pm »

I like this "throw her at the ceiling" plan.

And if the ceiling doesn't break, there's a chance the whole tank of goop i'm going to try to use on her will stick her there.

EDIT so as not to double-post:

Is it the club arm that's pinned? I'm kinda assuming it's the other one out of general pessimism.

If there's a chance of some sort of dual action, like "if faith is being gooped, help with the gooping by sticking her to the ceiling, otherwise smash her upwards with as much force as possible" then that might be the best thing to do?

Having faith all gooped up and stuck somewhere would let us take our time to figure out how to get the bodysnatcher out. I have a spray bottle of de-gooper, so with Faith pinned we can degoop a small patch of skin and try a force-transfer to a hostage or something.

The thing in the basement (with two pretty mean guards) could well be what's giving all these cultists their powers, maybe disabling it would auto-eject miss bodystealer. Maybe not. Morul's looking to be in quite a lot of danger tho…

Really this mission is looking to be in pretty damn bad shape with half the team dead or maimed, one vet missing legs, another in a bad-looking fight, and the strongest one the newest cult inductee.

But if we save Faith and Morul, and someone carries Pancaek around (pfft, don't need legs to use an amp), and then everyone sticks together, we could still clear the building.

I mean, even if we give up and demolish the entire place, it still wouldn't get whatever's in the basement. That's part of what makes me think the cult controller's down there. But then a power source for the building's shield also seems likely.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:13:46 pm by yobbo »

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6655 on: June 29, 2014, 08:39:29 pm »

Ah, the advantages of being half-robot and a high Handiwork level.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6656 on: June 29, 2014, 08:44:16 pm »

Now you've really jinxed yourself. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6657 on: June 29, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

Ah, the advantages of being half-robot and a high Handiwork level.
Now you've really jinxed yourself. :P
Hope you're ready to make toast!

Anyway, important thing to note- it seems as if physical contact, or at least brief physical contact, isn't enough to force a transfer.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6658 on: June 30, 2014, 10:22:06 pm »

Holy crumbs, I just noticed that I originally wrote three young sisters in the backstory for my DMR character.
WHAT HAPPENED TO SISTER #3?!?! HAS SHE BEEN ABANDONED, LEFT TO SCRAPE OUT A LIVING ON THE STREETS?! IS SHE LIVING IN SIN WITHOUT TSAFI'S STRONG BROTHERLY GUIDANCE!? HAS SHE STOLEN MY CREDIT CARD AND GONE TO THE NEAREST SHOPPING MALL TO BANKRUPT ME BINGING ON ICE CREAM AND SHOES?!?

* Yoink wails loudly and flaps his arms in a panic.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6659 on: July 01, 2014, 03:37:29 pm »

Hmm, sounds like that goop isn't going to contain Faith.

Looks like the only weapons we have that even have a chance of damaging her are Lerman's electrolaser and the machine gun on the APC?

And some sort of amp magic. Like umm freezing her solid or something?

Yeah i'm outta ideas.

(other than "BURN EVERYTHING WITH NAMITE" of course)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:59:11 pm by yobbo »
Pages: 1 ... 442 443 [444] 445 446 ... 2205