Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495199 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #6555 on: June 26, 2014, 01:02:14 pm »

Man, it's interesting to see what happens when non-standard space magic is used by enemies as well.
The question is, can they roll a 1 or 6?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: June 26, 2014, 01:05:08 pm »

I had a thought - what would happen if Faith were to activate berserk mode right now?

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: June 26, 2014, 01:39:57 pm »

I had a thought - what would happen if Faith were to activate berserk mode right now?
I think that might be what happened- since apparently something bad happened in the latest Mission 14 turn, but I can't tell quite what.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: June 26, 2014, 01:41:16 pm »

I think the body snatcher lady moved (at least in part) from Konrad into Faith. Even if it's just the arms it could be bad.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6559 on: June 26, 2014, 01:42:20 pm »

Ahhhh, I see. That makes sense.
You're in trouble now! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: June 26, 2014, 01:44:38 pm »

I'm trying to remember whether her berserk mode had a button or was it mind-activated, or both. I'm leaning toward button - if that's so, try pressing it (preferably Pancaek with his amp) and seeing if the body snatcher can handle the spiciness. Everybody unsnatched running away in different directions at the same time, obviously.

Failing that, maybe try smacking into Faith with your naked body and seeing if the body snatcher's abilities are completely controllable?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:46:11 pm by Harry Baldman »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: June 26, 2014, 01:47:21 pm »

Failing that, maybe try smacking into Faith with your naked body?
Always a good plan.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: June 26, 2014, 01:58:31 pm »

Miya's "avatar mode" can beat out mind-control; I wonder if her (yes, it's literal) Berserk Button can do the same.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: June 26, 2014, 02:08:22 pm »

Yeah, the body snatcher is in Faith now. This will go well :P

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: June 26, 2014, 02:08:50 pm »

There's six words I know that can help you now, although they need to be able to reach their target in order to work.

Or someone will need to manually knock Faith unconscious, preferably from at range.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6565 on: June 26, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »

She's in a robot body. They can just ask Steve to shut her down remotely.

Man, it's interesting to see what happens when non-standard space magic is used by enemies as well.
Now that I think about it, isn't almost every mission about non-standard space magic being used by enemies (or at least non-HMRC members)? It's just that in this case, it's more diverse and concentrated.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: June 26, 2014, 02:59:46 pm »

She's synthflesh. A bit harder to shut down, and who says the possessor can't just pilot the inert body?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: June 26, 2014, 03:32:52 pm »

God damn it, I knew this would happen. I just kinda hoped it would happen to another newbie. I think I might just have Pan run away, because I'm not sure anyone can really "contain" Faith right now. I have a few ideas on how I can stop her, but most of those fall under the "use overwhelming force category."

I wonder If I can use my mass amp to just make her smack that club into herself.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: June 26, 2014, 04:51:43 pm »

God damn it, I knew this would happen. I just kinda hoped it would happen to another newbie. I think I might just have Pan run away, because I'm not sure anyone can really "contain" Faith right now. I have a few ideas on how I can stop her, but most of those fall under the "use overwhelming force category."

I wonder If I can use my mass amp to just make her smack that club into herself.

You're a freaking space magician. You can level the entire building if you feel like it. You even have a decompensator, right? I'm sure Faith won't miss her arms and legs. Won't even hurt or bleed if you take them off.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: June 26, 2014, 05:01:47 pm »

Similar thing happened in mission 6. Thomas got taken over by the Lighteater. Gorat had to burn half his limbs off. That's how you deal with mind control.

Do you think mission 13 and 14 will have any earthquakes or tsunamies from the stuff that happened in 15?
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 2205