Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2495149 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5970 on: June 13, 2014, 10:31:23 am »

Damn.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #5971 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:30 am »

I am suddenly very happy that my Gungnir prototype is on a different mission, but remain somewhat alarmed that it's still on the same planet.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5972 on: June 13, 2014, 10:53:07 am »

I think I know what mission 14 is searching for. Some kind of bad idea field generator that encompasses the entire planet. Maybe we could make a manipulator out of it. Or a decompensator that slaps you in the head when you're about to do something like that.

@Sean:
You might want to lead with a fuel air bomb. Both cleaner than nuclear and cheaper. And with the energy density our fuel has, it might be very close to the power of a nuclear bomb, even though it will probably be a lot larger.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5973 on: June 13, 2014, 11:10:29 am »

Hey nav, here's a fun thought: your char has a lack of arms due to us taking him down for endangering the team also, i think we managed to tie him up before this happened. So, you're stuck at the bottom of a hole with no arms, and a monster straight out of HP Lovecraft's worst nightmares. Have fun!

Also, dammit I REALLY wish i was able to get my mortar now. Being able to fire namite shells into a hole from a couple miles away is sounding like a VERYT good idea. I mean, with the three credits in the newbie fund I got, I could have bought it at the price PW quoted, but that would have left me with no credits for ammo :/
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:13:50 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5974 on: June 13, 2014, 11:13:38 am »

Laugh it up, man with the broken legs. Dubley, I think, was the only guy among you except Stacy who could wield the HEP and easily obliterate large fleshy monstrosities with it at short range. Before you shot his damn arms off, obviously.

Also, Timmy got ganked because his mind was overtaken by a mystical, magical presence of great evil. Not Stacy, though. Stacy is the mystical, magical presence of great evil somehow. Guess Xan's imagination must be running wild or something.

Also also, watched that Overgrowth video. The arena mode looks... ill-considered.

Also also also, I love how we've failed to discover anything at all threatening in the arctic expedition except ourselves.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 11:23:01 am by Harry Baldman »

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5975 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:06 am »

We'll that happened.

And so far the Assassination mission is the only one with sane people/not horribly gone wrong right away.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #5976 on: June 13, 2014, 11:41:15 am »

Hey nav, here's a fun thought: your char has a lack of arms due to us taking him down for endangering the team also, i think we managed to tie him up before this happened. So, you're stuck at the bottom of a hole with no arms, and a monster straight out of HP Lovecraft's worst nightmares. Have fun!

Also, dammit I REALLY wish i was able to get my mortar now. Being able to fire namite shells into a hole from a couple miles away is sounding like a VERYT good idea. I mean, with the three credits in the newbie fund I got, I could have bought it at the price PW quoted, but that would have left me with no credits for ammo :/

You might want to consider the difficulty of getting out of the hole before you consider the problem that you don't have the mortar need to shell it with namite.

Also, if you had that mortar, you'd probably be worse off, considering that mortars tend to be really heavy.  We had a similar situation a looong time ago, in mission three.

Lastly, once you're a few miles away, you can just ask Steve to nuke it from orbit.  Ironically, that also happened in mission three.  The only difference is that Steve was a long distance away, so it took awhile for the shots to arrive.  And that the people in that mission weren't being chased by a dancing altered monstrosity.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5977 on: June 13, 2014, 11:44:11 am »

Good thing is that you should probably still have contact with Steve (since the storm hasn't arrived yet), so you could possibly ask for evac. Or for Steve to shock him dead (if that is even possible right now).

EDIT: Think I could hit it from up here? :P

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5978 on: June 13, 2014, 11:54:21 am »

What are Xen's stats, anyway?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5979 on: June 13, 2014, 12:05:00 pm »

His name is Xantalos, king of overloads.
Look at his stats ye player and despair.
Nothing else beyond the crater remains.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5980 on: June 13, 2014, 12:06:18 pm »

Oh wow.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5981 on: June 13, 2014, 12:07:13 pm »

Why does he randomly carry around a katana?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5982 on: June 13, 2014, 12:22:07 pm »

King of overshoots indeed.  Gunfire?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 12:27:14 pm by Devastator »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5983 on: June 13, 2014, 12:34:56 pm »

I think a better question is what triggered all this?

Xan might be a latent omnicidal maniac, but he doesn't appear to be complicit in... this.  Stacy's dancy-singy side is coming out full-force, but that doesn't correlate to destruction.  So what else?

Stacy's contact with the Star-Eater.  He might have been mindwiped a bit, but it's quite possible that there were latent energies from that that remained.  Now freed from their constraint, it roams wild and free.

Someone should probably ask Steve for advice, though the AM's suggestion of a good pair of running shoes is probably your best bet here.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5984 on: June 13, 2014, 12:36:38 pm »

@Battlesuit resilience to lasers: Battlesuits are actually very resilient to laser-based attacks. The scenario Radio Controlled quoted is one where I was using a melee battlesuit against a HEP-armed enemy. The HEP lacks the cutting laser's concentrated, long-duration fire capabilities but still packs quite a punch and the melee variant is around as armored - if not less armored - than the mobility variant, which is a good deal lighter in protection than the standard version.

XanStacy abomination

Roll for SAN.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 397 398 [399] 400 401 ... 2205