Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492183 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5445 on: June 03, 2014, 07:19:25 am »

Alright guys, I think I'm gonna have to change the post schedule. Summer classes plus my sister coming to stay means my time is stretched thin. So what that means is this:

Missions+DMR: Update 4 times a week, mon-wed-fri-sun
Tinker, heph, ship: tues, thurs, sat.

This should only last until my summer classes are over, at which time we'll go back to once a day for everything.
Acceptable. B12<RL
Thanks for the warning.

Ooh, and say 'hi' to your sister for us. Tell her it's from a bunch of lunatics in space  :D
+1

By the way, I've been meaning to look up the previous results of pill machine tests. Anyone have a suggestion for helpful search terms?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: June 03, 2014, 07:27:20 am »

Spoon, nail, possibly Lyra, Gauss and pill together, xenospit...

Perhaps pill machine without quotations.

Edit: i think this is the first post in which a "poison pill" is ingested, seems like a good place to start if you want to search turn by turn.
NOMNOMPILL
You eat a pill made of nail clippings, gauss rounds and Xeno spit. Surely, SURELY nothing could go wrong here.

Blood pours from your mouth as enormous, ragged, sharp teeth burst from your gums, tearing the old teeth out as they go. Metallic scales form on your arms and legs and coat the limbs up until about the elbow and knee. And everything goes strange in your head. The world goes fuzzy and the briefing room keeps changing, sometimes full of people you recognize, sometimes empty, sometimes full, but of people you've never seen before. You stumble about,dizzy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 07:43:18 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: June 03, 2014, 08:15:19 am »

People have been talking about the pill machine a heck of a lot. Still...um...yeah, I guess there are worse places to start.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: June 03, 2014, 10:02:18 am »

Bit of perusing using " pill" as a keyword (the space is important) turned up a few locations you might want to poke around near.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: June 03, 2014, 10:14:04 am »

GWG and U_P working together? Its a miracle.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: June 03, 2014, 10:29:01 am »

And I'm happy for them both  :D

Incidentally, congrats to U_P for the detective work. Batman would be proud.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:07 pm »

Bit of perusing using " pill" as a keyword (the space is important) turned up a few locations you might want to poke around near.
Much appreciated. What does the space do? Stop spills from showing up?
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: June 03, 2014, 12:20:28 pm »

Confuse you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5453 on: June 03, 2014, 02:32:39 pm »

((Just flood the chamber with magma, or install a drawbridge.))
Two drawbridges. One to act as an atom smasher in case things go out of hand. And make the room rest on a single support in case it needs to be thoroughly purged.

EDIT: Oh, and Kriellya, check my sigtext.

EDIT2:
((All hardware now powered by microscopic dwarven water reactors))
If the micro-fusion reactors we're using are using water as fuel, then they really are powered by microscopic water reactors that "magically" produce energy.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 02:36:32 pm by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: June 03, 2014, 03:03:25 pm »

Just leaving this here so that I remember to Tinker it up later: kinetic amp-powered bladed eggbeater of death.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: June 03, 2014, 04:15:11 pm »

We are not playing Dwarf Fortress, we are playing Einsteinian Roulette. And the kinamp-bladed-eggbeater-of-death idea has merit, but it's a bit expensive for what it would do.
Sig

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: June 03, 2014, 06:13:10 pm »

Can we get a straight bladed-eggbeater of death, no amps required?

Also, Queensland has the worst education system. THE WORST
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: June 03, 2014, 07:15:49 pm »

EDIT: Oh, and Kriellya, check my sigtext.

Very nice! Sig-box still doesn't like it (I suspect it's taking issue with the .php extension? Or maybe it's something on my end? I'm not sure... let me check, maybe I disabled sig-images... )

Ah, yes, checkbox to turn on sig images. yay! all good, thanks Paris!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: June 03, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »

Also, Queensland has the worst education system. THE WORST
Why?
Sig

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: June 03, 2014, 07:54:18 pm »

Much appreciated. What does the space do? Stop spills from showing up?
Pretty much, reduced the search results to abot 13 pages and i think you start hitting the proper stuff by page 6.
If only i could search by author in a topic instead of the whole subforum.

Why so surprised?
Ive been pretty much the most vocal person about using the pill machine for stuff, you really think im gonna abandon my own personal desire to understand it just because i dont respect the current tinkerer for whatever reason?

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 2205