Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492122 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5175 on: May 29, 2014, 08:37:02 pm »

Idiots has you at null- no line item for tokens at all.

Three people have 15+ tokens; hoarders need to reinvest into the economy!

EDIT:  If it's friendly and consensual, it's all fun.  If it's aggressive, Jim cracks down on it.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5176 on: May 29, 2014, 08:38:29 pm »

Why are people arguing Jim vs Xan all the time? For that matter, why the hell am I always the guy people want to use as a metric?
Everyone knows, loves, and fears you.
For this one, because Jim is the epitome of everything Xan claims is suicidal in the modern jungles of Urbania.

Three people have 15+ tokens; hoarders need to reinvest into the economy!
Agreed! Don't you know we're just coming out of a depression?

EDIT:  If it's friendly and consensual, it's all fun.  If it's aggressive, Jim cracks down on it.
A lewder man than I could make a joke at that. A funnier man than I could make it worth reading.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5177 on: May 29, 2014, 08:46:19 pm »

Whats this about you not liking pvp SerCon? I thought Jim used to spar against people all the time.

I don't like actual, 'life on the line' PvP. If someone wants to wrestle Jim a bit for fun, no hard feelings no matter who wins, that's fine. There's a difference between PvP and sparring, and I don't like PvP. :P

@GWG: *shrug*

Yeah, I probably don't have any tokens. Eh. Oh well.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5178 on: May 29, 2014, 09:05:33 pm »

Didn't you participate in the Defense of Hephaestus? You should had at least gotten some tokens for that. Or did you forget to claim them?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5179 on: May 29, 2014, 09:17:39 pm »

Cael and Radio strike me as people who actually enjoy PvP or even thinking about it.

No, I don't enjoy PvP or thinking about it. Player versus Player tends to only be enjoyable when it's in a game made specially for it, like a PM-based game I took part in once.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5180 on: May 29, 2014, 09:20:15 pm »

Guess I mistook you, then. Sorry about that.

@Paris: Did we actually get tokens for the defense? If so, did we get the standard 5 or what?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5181 on: May 29, 2014, 09:28:59 pm »

You stated your achievements during the defense (and boarding if you participated) to Steve and he gave you the appropriate number of Tokens.

Piecewise did it that way because there were too many people to hand out tokens to each individual all at once.

EDIT: Finished tweaking them:

The images are stored here so you can edit them if you want.
Or create your own by copying the script and editing the variables or uploading new TrueTypeFonts.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:33:36 pm by Parisbre56 »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: May 29, 2014, 09:31:40 pm »

Oh. Well, it took so long I don't even remember what Jim accomplished anyway. I might've destroyed some killbots or something. I doubt I'd even get two tokens for whatever I did so, not much point in bugging PW about it I guess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: May 29, 2014, 09:36:08 pm »

You saved Gilgamesh and killed a UE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: May 29, 2014, 09:38:52 pm »

Killed a UE? Eh, doesn't hurt to ask I guess.

Hey, Piecewise, apparently Jim killed a UE during the Defense. That get any tokens?

I'd bring up saving Gilgamesh but that only matters to Paris and Radio and I'm not going to bug them. :P[/s]

Actually this was Jim's accomplishments:

According to [Parisbre56's] quick search, [Jim] killed a bunch of sods, saved Sean's ships from some bombs by freezing the bombs and killed at least one Battlesuit, maybe two, one of which was dangerously close to Sean's ships.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:13:31 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: May 29, 2014, 09:49:06 pm »

Oh. Well, it took so long I don't even remember what Jim accomplished anyway. I might've destroyed some killbots or something. I doubt I'd even get two tokens for whatever I did so, not much point in bugging PW about it I guess.

If I remember correctly, we all got at least 5 tokens. So post and collect your bounties!

EDIT: Finished tweaking them:

The images are stored here so you can edit them if you want.
Or create your own by copying the script and editing the variables or uploading new TrueTypeFonts.

Awesome, awesome... that repo public to edit? I can always fork it, just curious :P
It will do :P I'll copy it into my sig, assuming your server can handle it?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5186 on: May 29, 2014, 10:04:08 pm »

@SeriousConcentrate: According to my quick search, you killed a bunch of sods, saved Sean's ships from some bombs by freezing the bombs and killed at least one Battlesuit, maybe two, one of which was dangerously close to Sean's ships.

@Kriellya: It should be. At least I can edit it and it says public so... I'm going to go with probably.
And it's really not my server, it's just a public server they're giving away for free. So it should be fine as long as their server is fine. And if it's not, then I can always relocate. It was just the first open source server I stumbled upon and had a really easy setup, so I just chose that.

EDIT:
Hang in there.
Tempted to post images of kittens...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:07:25 pm by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:10 pm »

Actually Paris is right- I was mixing up defense and assault (where the UE kill was)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:49 pm »

@Kriellya: It should be. At least I can edit it and it says public so... I'm going to go with probably.
And it's really not my server, it's just a public server they're giving away for free. So it should be fine as long as their server is fine. And if it's not, then I can always relocate. It was just the first open source server I stumbled upon and had a really easy setup, so I just chose that.

Heh. Sounds good, I'll give it a poke later. I'll need to combine them into one image to use both. I'll edit them into the wiki page in a bit :P

Should give the server a poke too. Setting them up is always the part that drives me insane XD

Edit: Hmm... it's throwing a fit over it in the sig XD
Maybe because it has the .php extension instead of .png? Hell if I know. More things to poke XD
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 10:13:07 pm by Kriellya »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5189 on: May 29, 2014, 10:17:01 pm »

Just send me a PM if you want any of my limited half-an-hour's worth of experience in setting up a PHP server/git. :)

And I think you can just put them next to each other by not putting a newline between the IMG BBCode. Same way you can put images in text, like this: .
But yeah, should be easy to make them a single picture, just got to modify the autocenter part of the script to divide the image width in half and then stick the other text on the second half.

And I just realized I should had been sleeping a long time ago. Good whatever-time-of-day to you everyone.
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 2205