Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2492187 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #5160 on: May 29, 2014, 06:31:20 pm »

STEVE IS BEGINNING A COMPUTER MIGRATION HERE SOON. PROBABLY NO UPDATE TOMORROW. STAY TUNED AND HOLD YOUR BREATH. 

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: May 29, 2014, 06:32:00 pm »

* Toaster holds breath

* Toaster passes out
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: May 29, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »

Xan would win hands down.  Jim is a clone, and has pointed out many times that he has zero social skills, and zero non-killing skills.  Xan has the same problem, but can assimilate people prototype style, and if he pisses off the cops or whatever he can just turn into a different person.  Jim would have to live with his mistakes, and being a nice person isn't enough to get you through life.  Xan however, would have years to learn how to be a good liar and manipulator, and can just assimilate and impersonate a person with a high position.  Plus, Xan can probably live forever, while Jim might live for another few years depending on Spectrum Corps' (I think) design phlosophy.  In theory, Xan could eventually become the permanent president, imitating each new president of every new company.
Assuming that Xan has a couple of things he doesn't, like the ability to be nice to his bosses and/or basic spy skills. And assuming that the police in this New York are as incompetent as those in Prototype's.

Also, being a complete sociopathic jerk is actually really good for getting rich.  Did you know that there is a measurably higher amount of sociopaths in high positions, such as CEO, than in the general population?  Granted, they're all high-functioning, and Xan is anything but, but he would have an eternity to learn.
Nope, he only has ten years. Or less, since it would be unfair to continue the contest beyond Jim's natural lifespan.

* Toaster holds breath

* Toaster passes out
* GWG points and laugh
* GWG hopes Toaster is just joking

Well, you have a bad feeling about the lady working the counter because she seems rather surprised and freaked out about the 3 heavily armed men in space suits with riot helmets jauntily balanced on their larger space helmets standing outside her door.
Your cover's basically blown. Unless maybe you want to pretend to be stand-up comedians.

The Lady working the register in the diner, as well as the waitress and a few of the customers are now screaming. The lady at the register runs into the kitchen and the waitress hides behind the counter. Several of the more...aggressive looking fellows have left their chairs and are heading for the door to confront Captain Obvious and his sidekicks.
You might not want to try, though.

((Who wants D'usse?))
Kyle will take her if Tadock doesn't object and no one else wants her.
I would have checked back to figure out what this was about, but this quote is too funny out of context.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: May 29, 2014, 07:48:47 pm »

So, what are the chances we actually get into the cargo bay, get the boxes topside, and finish Mission 15 without any more incidents? I want to say slim to none, because people will probably try to open the boxes, but I hope I'm wrong.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: May 29, 2014, 07:54:37 pm »

Well, I wasn't actually expecting it to just be an old cargo ship that crashed into the ice at the south pole. Guess we just need to figure out why it crashed, and who it belonged to, I guess. :D
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: May 29, 2014, 07:55:29 pm »

To be honest, we really didn't have a cover to blow. At least the building is still standing.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: May 29, 2014, 08:03:47 pm »

Why are people arguing Jim vs Xan all the time? For that matter, why the hell am I always the guy people want to use as a metric?
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: May 29, 2014, 08:06:31 pm »

Why are people arguing Jim vs Xan all the time? For that matter, why the hell am I always the guy people want to use as a metric?

Your age*power product is the highest.

And all things considered, 15 is going well.  Only one injury- self inflicted so that doesn't really count- and you successfully entered the ship.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5168 on: May 29, 2014, 08:08:16 pm »

I think it's like kids wondering who would win in a fight between their favourite superheroes. They just see them as great people and wonder who would win in a contest.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: May 29, 2014, 08:17:46 pm »

@Toaster: I call bullshit on that claim. :P Miyamoto has been on less missions and he's in an Avatar, therefore he's way more powerful than Jim is - that is, he achieved a higher power level quicker and will probably continue to get stronger quicker, while Jim has pretty much plateaued.

@Paris: Eh, maybe, but I don't really want to be involved in it. :\ Go speculate with Milno or Miyamoto, Cael and Radio strike me as people who actually enjoy PvP or even thinking about it.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: May 29, 2014, 08:24:10 pm »

I agree he has more power; but you still have more age, which is why I specified product of the two instead of sum or anything.

Plus, you're also the most recognizable face of the group.  Miyamoto may stick out more, but he's also only visible on-mission, being inside an avatar and all.  There's only... three? other full-synthflesh bodies that I can think of, with Pancaek just getting his, Faith being comatose part of the time, and Simus being left behind.

And you have four arms.  People notice that.

Not only that, but your really high mission count means you've personally interacted with probably more other characters than anyone else.  Like it or not, you're #1 in recognition.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: May 29, 2014, 08:25:47 pm »

I suppose. Anyone know how many tokens Jim has? It's not on his wiki page and I dunno where the information would be otherwise.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: May 29, 2014, 08:29:48 pm »

When's the last time you spent any?  A bunch, no doubt.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: May 29, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »

I don't even know when the last time I got any was, let alone how many I had at the time. @_@

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: May 29, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »

Whats this about you not liking pvp SerCon? I thought Jim used to spar against people all the time.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 2205