Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2485097 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #4020 on: May 16, 2014, 11:43:07 pm »

Morul:
intuition + 1
conventional +1 1/3
Exotic +2/3

You think that's a multiclass?
This is a multiclass!

Auron:
Dexterity weapons +1
Strength weapons +1 (+2 for reiterpallasch)
Auxilary +1
Medical +1
Unconventional +1
Conventional +1 (because rolls use Auxiliary)

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4021 on: May 16, 2014, 11:44:05 pm »

By now, I think Thomas and Lars outclass Milno by far in terms of shooting, and in fact Morul has a better Con bonus than Milno does.

I'm going for a confusing skill/stat build that may bite me in the ass later.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:09 pm »

Yeah, thomas and lars both have +2 conventional, but you have grav shells.

Why does milno have both a mk II and mk III suit? Sell the mk II to a newb you greedy little man :P

Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: May 16, 2014, 11:51:56 pm »

So I'm kind of thinking of hopping back into this more regularly. What's going on at the moment? Defense is over, all enemy ships destroyed or silent and therefore presumed dead, Sword heading elsewhere to kill things while Simus runs Hephaestus?

I guess my main question is if there's any point to remaining on Hephaestus beyond the silly and unattainable goal of not dying.

I mainly just want my character to be able to tie a tourniquet competently... :).
[Med:6+1] You strangle him while screaming "I AM A DOCTOR!" over and over again.

EDIT:
((So what's going on with the space sheep? I guess my post got missed?))
The starscape changes, violently jerking what must be several hundred light years in a different direction. You tear in through the outer orbits of a solar system and slowly come to a stop orbiting a cloud wreathed planet. The sheep looms up from behind the planet, its 7 horns ringing the planet in.

"This is the first world that will feel its touch. Remember."
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: May 16, 2014, 11:57:10 pm »

That MkII was given to Milno for safekeeping by Empyrea, so he isn't selling it.

@IronyOwl: Good to see you back around these parts. Felt oddly endearing to read the Samsonite Abyss mission again and see how good things were back then when we weren't involved in ship-to-ship battles, where a well-placed slug provokes TPKs.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: May 17, 2014, 12:06:51 am »

Normally, selling your MK. 2 is a dumb move.
However, now that I have both a +2 in Exo AND my Willpower stat, I need me a decomp badly.
That or overshoot all over the place.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: May 17, 2014, 12:10:09 am »

So I'm kind of thinking of hopping back into this more regularly. What's going on at the moment? Defense is over, all enemy ships destroyed or silent and therefore presumed dead, Sword heading elsewhere to kill things while Simus runs Hephaestus?

I guess my main question is if there's any point to remaining on Hephaestus beyond the silly and unattainable goal of not dying.
People who stay on Hephaestus will perform various duties here as well. Aside from ample opportunities for tinkering and lots of stuff to clean up (Nevermind the ship wrecks in orbit. We've got a hiding fleshtunnel monster, and the possibly present Shadow Walker too.), I suspect we'll be using our limited shipping capabilities to perform some research and exploration missions of our own.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: May 17, 2014, 12:13:56 am »

Morul:
intuition + 1
conventional +1 1/3
Exotic +2/3

This is a multiclass!

Auron:
Dexterity weapons +1
Auxilary +1
Medical +1
Unconventional +1

I said DUAL class. I agree that you have more bonuses, but you've also got more missions on me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: May 17, 2014, 12:23:16 am »

Bah, multiclassing.
Sig! Onol

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: May 17, 2014, 12:28:47 am »

Morul:
intuition + 1
conventional +1 1/3
Exotic +2/3

This is a multiclass!

Auron:
Dexterity weapons +1
Auxilary +1
Medical +1
Unconventional +1

I said DUAL class. I agree that you have more bonuses, but you've also got more missions on me.
You sure about that? Ive only been in like 2 missions prior to the space battle and i know you were in my first one.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: May 17, 2014, 01:18:47 am »

Most of his bonus's are coming from weird places.

Foooor example, he's a fleshtech with a point in med and aux. This gives him a +1 in 2 skills at minimal expense.
I think the +1 str is from his exosuit? Not sure.
He designed and is using a computer controlled hardpoint, which is allowing him to bypass his staggering -2 in CON by using AUX rolls instead. So he technically has a +1 in CON.

The dex and uncon are just from spending points in them.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: May 17, 2014, 01:30:46 am »

While (if we have that level up)
Xan:
End: +2/3
Will: +2
Int: +1/3
Exo: +2
Minmaxing and being a cowardly asshole pays off, it seems.
Sig! Onol

yobbo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: May 17, 2014, 01:52:20 am »

I mainly just want my character to be able to tie a tourniquet competently... :).
[Med:6+1] You strangle him while screaming "I AM A DOCTOR!" over and over again.
I'm going to prepare for the worst and assume you're not even joking.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: May 17, 2014, 01:58:57 am »

They're not. There's a reason why Mesk is the kickboxing doctor  :D
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: May 17, 2014, 02:03:20 am »

They're not. There's a reason why Mesk is the kickboxing doctor  :D
Well, he is but he hasn't got a chance to do much doctoring recently.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 2205