Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491773 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3615 on: May 09, 2014, 04:23:54 pm »

Well, this wouldn't be an HMRC mission without a horrible manipulator overload, would it?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: May 09, 2014, 04:35:11 pm »

Well, this wouldn't be an HMRC mission without a horrible manipulator overload, would it?
What're you talking about here?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: May 09, 2014, 04:39:16 pm »

I, for one, am glad that Team B is not on ship Δ.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: May 09, 2014, 05:09:06 pm »

The bone ball bumps against Simus' legs.

Dammit, now I have this mental image of Xan being a hamster.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: May 09, 2014, 05:13:08 pm »

Best mental imagery.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: May 09, 2014, 07:15:13 pm »

I, for one, am glad that Team B is not on ship Δ.

I am also quite glad that Team A is not on ship Δ. I can only hope that we are also no where near ship Δ, because we are about to not be in ship A either.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: May 09, 2014, 07:17:03 pm »

Xan should make himself some sort of horrifying skeletal hamster man next, just cause he propably can. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: May 09, 2014, 09:23:57 pm »

I'm glad I'm not in... oh yeah.

But hey, Kriellya's counter is getting too high.  That must be rectified.  Plus, don't you want to see a vector amp overload?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: May 09, 2014, 09:27:29 pm »

I have a feeling that it would involve either stuff going at close to or even over c, everything stopping all movement, scalar quantities becoming vector, vector quantities becoming scalar or some horrific combination thereof.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: May 09, 2014, 09:29:59 pm »

Where do new character sheets get posted again? It's been a while for me, over a year really.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: May 09, 2014, 09:49:18 pm »

Where do new character sheets get posted again? It's been a while for me, over a year really.

On ship thread, I believe. Can't wait to see what you've gone with :P

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: May 09, 2014, 09:50:28 pm »

People seem to just post 'em anywhere, but I guess the on-ship thread? ninja'd

@Scotsmen: No worries. It's just a VR fight. ^^^ I'm just going for the spine breaking early since Jim's been sort of flanderized into doing that... even if it's just usually to Mesk. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: May 09, 2014, 09:57:03 pm »

I have a feeling that it would involve either stuff going at close to or even over c, everything stopping all movement, scalar quantities becoming vector, vector quantities becoming scalar or some horrific combination thereof.

I am now trying to imagine what happens when scalar quantities become vectors.
I'm thinking the scalar quantity starts to *move*. So, say the mass of an object (normally a scalar) will start to wander around to neighboring objects. That just sounds insane XD

I'm hoping the entire ship gets crushed into a black hole. And then nothing interesting happens, because really, black holes are not that scary. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3628 on: May 09, 2014, 10:46:10 pm »

"Hammer of Hephaestus". Why am I not surprised. :)

By the way, I shall be expecting a detailed blow-by-blow of this space battle after we're done, PW, so you better be keeping notes. ^_^
The black death is destroyed. It got clipped by a laser and the plasma batteries were going critical so I just rammed it straight down the barrel of one of the opponent ship's gauss cannons. The Point defense weapons shredded it to shit before it got in, but 6 or so big ass plasma containment cells going critical inside a gauss cannon is a quite effective way to fuck shit up.

((I'd like to know what that big gun just shot, that implies it can clear multiple capital ships.))

It might not, there might only be one serious threat left, and all the other ships are dead, dying, or practically guaranteed to die next round.

Well, Jacks leaving anyway. Along with any surviving crew. He is also going to drag the rear of the team even if they don't want to leave.

You may not need to go anywhere. Ship Beta, at least, has its cockpit configured as an escape pod.
You want the short answer or the long one?

I am now trying to imagine what happens when scalar quantities become vectors.
I'm thinking the scalar quantity starts to *move*. So, say the mass of an object (normally a scalar) will start to wander around to neighboring objects. That just sounds insane XD

I'm hoping the entire ship gets crushed into a black hole. And then nothing interesting happens, because really, black holes are not that scary. :P
There are lots of things that can happen. Most of them requiring a great deal of complex math and some liberal number fudging in order to model. Vectors, normally described as a single positive or negative magntude and direction can begin being decribed as having one magintude (as a negative or imaginary number) with multiple simutanous directions. Or vice versa. Vector may become scalar, being represented as a single number or gain multple unknown values which the manip interprets in ways not understood by conventional physics or mathmatics.

Shit. Gets. Weird.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: May 10, 2014, 12:11:15 am »

Oh PW, is there a universal amp in the style of the universal manip?
Similarly, is there a matter converter manip?
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 2205