Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491719 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3600 on: May 09, 2014, 11:03:38 am »

And if your glove tries to eat the ship?

Our chance of survival skyrockets and I get the firepower of a crippled spaceship within my glove. I see no problem with that scenario.

On a more serious note, I don't think that'll happen. I'm more worried about rolling low; judging by how things are going, a [6] is likely to be much more desirable than a [1].
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: May 09, 2014, 12:16:14 pm »

The situation in the base control room could be easily resolved with the use of metaknowledge. Unfortunately for everyone involved, I play Anton as close to in-character as I can manage. And he's a bad judge of character, is currently distracted by the space battle, and has his primary weapon on safety. And he's got -1 to Will, meaning that if this is the UE working...

If something happens, Hasala would be a bigger hope for a good outcome than him.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: May 09, 2014, 12:29:03 pm »

I think Anton is more likely to know about the whole UE thing since he was part of the defense, while Hasala wasn't. And I think Anton also knows about mind-controlled Teal kicking a nuke into the shipyard.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: May 09, 2014, 12:50:37 pm »

Nyaan~ You came to the wrong neighborhood mother fucker! Uguuu~
Did you know they made a Gantz live action movie?

Also, just how damaged is Team F's ship?

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: May 09, 2014, 01:14:59 pm »

As for the whole "why didn't you just get out the ships?" thing some people are wondering out loud... Well, Steve didn't give us any time to leave - supposedly because time was of essence - and the bridge is apparently the safest place to be in when a ship is under attack.
>Yes?

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: May 09, 2014, 01:29:17 pm »

Also, just how damaged is Team F's ship?

They did what? O.o (that sounds terrifying)

Lesse, according to my notes (on the wiki), Team F's ship only has some damage to armor thus far. This may be rendered irrelevant by subsequent explosions.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: May 09, 2014, 01:57:10 pm »

Should Team F evacuate now?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: May 09, 2014, 01:59:15 pm »

"Hammer of Hephaestus". Why am I not surprised. :)

By the way, I shall be expecting a detailed blow-by-blow of this space battle after we're done, PW, so you better be keeping notes. ^_^
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: May 09, 2014, 02:01:12 pm »

TCM, you have to do this. Google says you'd be the first, too.

*Googles*
Holy carp, they did.  Two of them.  I could see that actually being pretty good if they didn't try to make a plot.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: May 09, 2014, 02:03:36 pm »

Should Team F evacuate now?

IC, Lars won't budge unless he's either told to do so or it's VERY CLEAR that the ship is screwed.  Even OOC, Steve likely has a good idea of just how dangerous this is.  Considering he's still firing the gun, the risk should be not overwhelming.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: May 09, 2014, 02:06:01 pm »

Well, Jacks leaving anyway. Along with any surviving crew. He is also going to drag the rear of the team even if they don't want to leave.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: May 09, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

((I'd like to know what that big gun just shot, that implies it can clear multiple capital ships.))

It might not, there might only be one serious threat left, and all the other ships are dead, dying, or practically guaranteed to die next round.

Well, Jacks leaving anyway. Along with any surviving crew. He is also going to drag the rear of the team even if they don't want to leave.

You may not need to go anywhere. Ship Beta, at least, has its cockpit configured as an escape pod.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: May 09, 2014, 02:13:15 pm »

((I'd like to know what that big gun just shot, that implies it can clear multiple capital ships.))

It might not, there might only be one serious threat left, and all the other ships are dead, dying, or practically guaranteed to die next round.

You may not need to go anywhere. Ship Beta, at least, has its cockpit configured as an escape pod.
Im not sure if Ship Delta's (the one with Team F) bridge was configured to be one so I'm being sure.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: May 09, 2014, 02:27:26 pm »

Im not sure if Ship Delta's (the one with Team F) bridge was configured to be one so I'm being sure.

Yeah, just saying. You *may* both win here. And unless I am horribly misreading the sense of time here (which may be true, since a gauss round fired from the planet is arriving in space next turn), there isn't exactly much time to *move*.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:00 pm »

Well, if we don't die this turn, I'm gonna glue myself to the ship.
It's like the most horrible egg ever.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 2205