Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2497145 times)

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32805 on: October 21, 2016, 02:06:03 am »

Eh that's true. Have it based off the heart stat? Like, heart stat/3 or something?
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32806 on: October 21, 2016, 02:47:33 am »

hmm i suppose that could work.

the character i generated had 64 heart which would purge 21 corruption per turn, which is only 3 more than the cost to use a full clockwork arms total strength bonus leaving me a mere 3 points to reduce corruption from outside sources or prior buildup.

i cant decide whether i feel like thats too high or just right..

edit:
i have the nagging suspicion that im misinterpreting exactly how part costs work, does it cost per use or subtract from your total heart currently?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 02:58:44 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32807 on: October 21, 2016, 03:33:16 pm »

Could be interesting if you don't passively regen humanity at all during combat, having to specifically spend an action on it.  Would reduce bookkeeping, and be an interesting mechanic.  Also prevents people with absurdly high humanity just continually using lots of bonuses with no net humanity lost, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #32808 on: October 21, 2016, 03:52:39 pm »

Anyone have an idea of how to handle corruption downtick?
perhaps this is getting it too complicated, but corruption from strength based things could downtick based on your base strength stat and base humanity, dex based corruption on humanity and dex, and so forth. To bookkeep, the corruption would have to be tagged on the body part it generates from.

a different possiblilty is to have a low base downtick (like 1/10th hearet or humanity, or something) and then you could spend an action to concentrate on downticking it much more. Perhaps withthe side effect of disabling the offending body part for a number of turns (like 1/10th the amount of corruption cleansed)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32809 on: October 21, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »

Could be interesting if you don't passively regen humanity at all during combat, having to specifically spend an action on it.  Would reduce bookkeeping, and be an interesting mechanic.  Also prevents people with absurdly high humanity just continually using lots of bonuses with no net humanity lost, though that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I actually like that.

Purge 10 corruption per action maybe?

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32810 on: October 21, 2016, 04:03:27 pm »

I actually like that.

That'd be fine in a skirmish, but I can see it becoming a pain when more extended fights and/or other stuff happens, especially if you don't regenerate passively outside of combat or something. Sitting there and going "regen humanity" for four turns is all well and good balance-wise, but it could get tedious extremely quickly in a PbP format.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32811 on: October 21, 2016, 04:08:15 pm »

Have items/potions that could purge corruption/refill humanity? Have them be moderately priced maybe? Could be useful during longer fights.
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32812 on: October 21, 2016, 04:21:08 pm »

I actually like that.

That'd be fine in a skirmish, but I can see it becoming a pain when more extended fights and/or other stuff happens, especially if you don't regenerate passively outside of combat or something. Sitting there and going "regen humanity" for four turns is all well and good balance-wise, but it could get tedious extremely quickly in a PbP format.
The epic tale of me following Feyri around with my hands behind my back continues!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32813 on: October 21, 2016, 05:25:10 pm »

OH, I got an idea. Purge corruption by murdering things! That should work...except when you fight a boss one on one.

Maybe purge corruption equal to the number of human body parts you have in their correct locations each turn? Makes human casters more viable. Gives you a reason to keep human bits.

Should probably have both methods for active purging and passive.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32814 on: October 21, 2016, 05:31:09 pm »

Mayhaps if you're wholly human (no demon or whatever parts, still recognizably humanoid, so missing an arm or whatever wouldn't disqualify you) you can passively regen humanity/reduce corruption/whatever, but if you have demon parts or you put an arm on your leg stump or whatever you have to do active regen, where ... I dunno, higher your humanity more corruption purged per action?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32815 on: October 21, 2016, 07:01:55 pm »

Honestly, I don't so much mind the system penalizing extended fights.  Oro is supposed to have really asymmetric fights, right?  Where engaging the demons directly and overtly is dangerous and likely to fail eventually?  I remember PW talking about how Oro has a sort of immune system, and if you don't end fights quickly you'll be bogged down by hordes of reinforcements.  Making humanity only really regen outside of combat would naturally support that playstyle.

Even if we don't go that way, I do think basing humanity regen on actions rather than time is a good idea.  Killing things is a great example, perhaps there could be somewhat common "draining" weapons/parts which can supplement humanity against bosses?  Spend five humanity to attack, and if you hit you get fifteen or twenty back?  Burning/destroying demon parts for chunks of humanity rather than health could also work, as you'll likely be severing parts off a boss, even if there's no weak mobs to regen off of.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32816 on: October 21, 2016, 08:51:18 pm »

Change Log
    Overall changes to Corruption costs and bonuses.
    Condensed blood sphere changed to deal damage based upon hp drained from own body parts.
    Double Helix horn now uses corruption to roll twice and take best roll for damage.
    Strangely Symmetrical Hand now allows you to choose between dex or Str scaling when using a melee weapon.
    Changed wriggling flesh cape action slightly
    Greatly nerfed Gaping maw damage, but if corruption cost is paid and attack hits, it auto-grapples.
    Maggot flesh only acts when corruption is paid, but cost lowered.
    Bear trap mandibles deal increased damage depending on where in the limb they hit, if corruption is paid.
    Added Bleeding status effect.
    Clawed paw deals bleeding if corruption paid.
    Vessel of souls now used to purge corruption. Costs nothing. Vessel's HP reduced to 30.
    Null energy projector deals damage equal to double the corruption player chooses to inflict on themselves.
    Stabbing proboscis' mega drain ability now has flat corruption cost and activates only if corruption cost is paid.
    Serrated beak has bleeding chance
    Metal spike has damage boost on corruption payment.
    Hive swarm stats Buffed
    Corrosive goo effect changed from always on to having to be activated and paid to continue, but buffed damage to 40.
    Mimic head's copy effect changed and price lowered
    All those limbs that existed as weird three parts with the same costs were split into individual parts

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32817 on: October 22, 2016, 06:03:13 pm »

So I'm thinking this for Corruption downtick: 1/10th your remaining heart.  So If I have 50 heart and use 20 corruption I'll regen 3 each turn until I Hit 8 corruption and then start regenning 4. This way, when you have low corruption it goes down fast, and high goes down slower, and the more heart you have, the faster it goes down.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32818 on: October 22, 2016, 06:36:38 pm »

Anyone here read Frederick Pohl's Gateway novel?

Very ER feel and concept...
One wheel short of a wagon

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32819 on: October 22, 2016, 06:53:25 pm »

Huh. Can't say I have. Looks like I'll have to now though.
Pages: 1 ... 2186 2187 [2188] 2189 2190 ... 2205