Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2172 2173 [2174] 2175 2176 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2496748 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #32595 on: September 19, 2016, 09:54:44 pm »

Hmm.  Feet aren't end parts.  The only end parts are hands, actually.  And I don't think PW has stated that the default body plan discriminates based on limb type...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32596 on: September 19, 2016, 09:58:29 pm »

.....I propose that we upgrade syv from munchkin to force of nature.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 11:49:42 pm by MidnightJaguar »
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32597 on: September 19, 2016, 11:45:26 pm »

Syv, are you trying to become Mr. Fingers?

Because it sounds like you'd like to be Mr. Fingers.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #32598 on: September 20, 2016, 07:07:36 am »

Could I join? No idea what this is, but I'm intrested!
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32599 on: September 20, 2016, 08:31:51 am »

It's still getting made, but once it is ready, sure you can.

Hmm.  Feet aren't end parts.  The only end parts are hands, actually.  And I don't think PW has stated that the default body plan discriminates based on limb type...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Well, looks like I'll have to make building outside your slots prohibitively expensive. Square of the combined humanity cost should do it.

And a rule about not using the same limb to attack and dodge.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32600 on: September 20, 2016, 08:48:20 am »

Actually no...thats boring.

Lets instead make it something more dangerous.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32601 on: September 20, 2016, 09:07:35 am »

There we go. Now if Sy attempts to use his "fast limb" it requires him to get a 150 roll for humanity or he'll take a sudden 50 point humanity loss and auto-fail.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32602 on: September 20, 2016, 09:09:22 am »

Edit: Is this the changed part?

A Player can also attach a part outside the normal slots, such as adding another head, but if they do so, they have to pay the combined cost of all the parts in the new limb raised to a power equal to the number of new parts. So a limb with 2 parts at 3 and 4 humanity cost would instead cost 72 or lower their humanity max by 49. The Number of “normal” slots can be expanded via leveling up.

I'm unsure because you say "use" rather than "create", and the square root of 150 isn't an integer.

Edit2: Oh holy shit, human limbs cost ten?  That means you need a modified heart of at least 151 to not immediately die!  How the hell is that logical balance?!
...Wait, oh, "if beyond normal slots".  Not braindead, but still idiotic.  Basically just means you can never ever add parts outside your body plan, since 10^2 is 100.  Unless human limbs are more demonic than demon limbs when arranged in a nonhuman way, which is, uhh.  :\

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #32603 on: September 20, 2016, 09:28:18 am »

It's still getting made, but once it is ready, sure you can.
I'm catching up with all the development and cast my thumbs up at the progress being made. This is great work piecewise. :)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32604 on: September 20, 2016, 09:34:52 am »

Oh hey I already figured out a better munchkin strat since PW hamstrung the last one.  0 all stats, 230 heart.  This would mean 690 effective stat points redi... wait, no, there's a cap of fifty.  Damn.

When performing an action or save, such as attacking, dodging or resisting demonic effects, you can use the bonuses of any part in one limb. You can use the bonus from up to 3 parts for free, but any parts used beyond that requires a bit of risk. Namely, a Heart save equal to 100 + the total bonus gained from the part usage. For example, if you had a 5 part limb that gave you +50 to Strength and you used it to attack, you’d have to succeed on a heart roll with a target number of 150. If you succeed on the roll, your action goes through normally. If not, you lose humanity points equal to the bonus you would have gotten and your action automatically fails. Note: you can NOT use bonuses from parts for the heart roll.

Ohh, this is the part PW was referring to.  Doesn't this conflict with the basic idea of the game, increasing stats through demon parts?  It requires ridiculously high natural heart to use large nonhuman limbs without risk.  For instance, the hulk arm that PW talked about a few pages ago would count as more than three parts, meaning you're basically banned from using it without excessive heart.  Even if you can use it, there's little benefit over human limbs beyond it likely being less demonic than them, so you can do multi-limb stacking more easily if you have truly excessive heart.

...Hmm.  Actually, you only need 40 modified heart to safely deal with a +50 limb (momentarily ignoring the excessive 100 humanity cost for having a 50% longer leg); You'll take a hit of fifty humanity, but immediately regen 4*15=60 humanity, leaving you completely normal.  If you add thirty points and get to 70 humanity, you can spend fifty humanity on buffing a single roll, too.  It's a dangerously large temporary drop if you're taking humanity damage from other sources, but under normal circumstances it's perfectly fine.  Basically, this is just a way to more efficiently pump humanity points into a stat; it's uncapped, applies to all rolls, and is 1-to-1 rather than 2-to-1.  And sometimes has no cost.  The primary penalty is that you can't necessarily stop spending humanity on the buff, and even that is ambiguous, by on PW's wording.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32605 on: September 20, 2016, 09:57:17 am »

Edit: Is this the changed part?

A Player can also attach a part outside the normal slots, such as adding another head, but if they do so, they have to pay the combined cost of all the parts in the new limb raised to a power equal to the number of new parts. So a limb with 2 parts at 3 and 4 humanity cost would instead cost 72 or lower their humanity max by 49. The Number of “normal” slots can be expanded via leveling up.

I'm unsure because you say "use" rather than "create", and the square root of 150 isn't an integer.

Edit2: Oh holy shit, human limbs cost ten?  That means you need a modified heart of at least 151 to not immediately die!  How the hell is that logical balance?!
...Wait, oh, "if beyond normal slots".  Not braindead, but still idiotic.  Basically just means you can never ever add parts outside your body plan, since 10^2 is 100.  Unless human limbs are more demonic than demon limbs when arranged in a nonhuman way, which is, uhh.  :\
Nah, it just means you can't add more than 1 outside the body plan. Because that would be 10^1 or 10. You just can't build giant limbs outside it.

Also, remember it's the combined total cost of the limb so it would actually be 20^2 or 400~

Unless of course you have a better system of limiting giant limb expansion?

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #32606 on: September 20, 2016, 10:01:33 am »

Ahh, yeah, that's better, since it scales with size.  I still don't think it's a very good system (see the load of edits I've been making on posts as I've been looking over things), but I don't have any better suggestions offhand.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32607 on: September 20, 2016, 11:47:44 am »

How about this: you only have to do those heart rolls if the limb parts being used are out of the normal range?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32608 on: September 20, 2016, 01:20:03 pm »

What if there was a grace stat which basically tried to prevent munchkinness by having maluses to anything annoying on the grounds that it would be awkward to move or use?
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #32609 on: September 20, 2016, 02:14:49 pm »

What if there was a grace stat which basically tried to prevent munchkinness by having maluses to anything annoying on the grounds that it would be awkward to move or use?
Unfortunately that becomes the "GM Nail-bat" stat. And that requires me being an effective jerk.
Pages: 1 ... 2172 2173 [2174] 2175 2176 ... 2205