Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2491745 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3225 on: April 27, 2014, 08:46:30 am »

Why do you think people picked on you for OOC reasons?
Because it's happened before?

I think paris voiced it best:
(("He said we were barbaric, so we decided to kill him."))
How could we resist that?
He was referring to the show.
And how do people from across the arena hear him? Or, given that it's full of loudly cheering fans, people two seats down? When I've been to even college-level sports games, the closest to the kind of thing this is, it's been pretty darn loud when the game was going on. Or when the audience was mostly there and chatting, waiting for the game to start.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: April 27, 2014, 09:01:30 am »

I think paris voiced it best:
(("He said we were barbaric, so we decided to kill him."))
How could we resist that?
He was referring to the show.
And how do people from across the arena hear him? Or, given that it's full of loudly cheering fans, people two seats down? When I've been to even college-level sports games, the closest to the kind of thing this is, it's been pretty darn loud when the game was going on. Or when the audience was mostly there and chatting, waiting for the game to start.
((Laws of nature, thats how.

Pirahna, Feeding frenzy.
Bees, swarming.
Dogs... dogpiling...
Audience, jumping on the bandwagon.

One individual starts it, the rest cant help but follow.
Isn't instinctual behaviour wonderful?))
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:08:06 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: April 27, 2014, 09:10:50 am »

Why are they paying attention to what some crazy people are doing across the arena? And, more importantly, how do the crazy people across the arena even start it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 27, 2014, 09:12:06 am »

yay let's argue some more guize
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 27, 2014, 09:51:39 am »

I haven't seen someone miss the point so badly since that one guy failed to stab himself in the eye.

This isn't about attacking you specifically, had you been 'quicker on the draw' so to speak, then it could be harry's char being thrown on the pile. This was just some harmless fun, and unless you were attached to that char for some reason, there's no real reason to feel bad about it, is there? And if it's about the lost dd, then you can have some of mine for all I care. If it's not, why not spawn as a new guy and join the mutilating fun? You can have a memento of your previous character's corpse! Or form a mob of your own, start a good ol'  ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 09:53:35 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: April 27, 2014, 10:28:53 am »

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation? I posted an escape action, it was just ignored. What, should I have attacked someone else first? Yeah, right. The whole thing was idiotic to begin with.

How was it "fun" for anyone involved? "Oh, now the pile has the body of an audience member! Haha!" Yeah...that's dumb. Seriously, this whole thing is idiotic. Moreover, it makes NO sense, as I've explained patiently.
And yes, I was enjoying the character. P.S. Screw you.
Sig

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: April 27, 2014, 10:38:29 am »

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation?
I meant, if you had proposed first who to sacrifice to the bloodsport gods, then there's a good chance that person would have been running for his life.
How was it "fun" for anyone involved?
Well, it seems a few people got a good laugh out of it, so there's that, I guess.
I mean, going from this:

Use Magic Dope Slap technique on the people trying to kill me.
I thought you were going to play along.
Seriously, never meant to bully you. Had I known you'd feel so bad about it, I wouldn't have gone through with it.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: April 27, 2014, 10:56:57 am »

No, he's asleep because he's asleep. This place exists for no other reason than he dreamed it up, and when he wakes up it'll be gone.
Then why can you summon/kill him?
Then that's not him, obviously. There's a lot of liars in the Mythos.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: April 27, 2014, 11:06:35 am »

How could I be "quicker on the draw" in this situation?
I meant, if you had proposed first who to sacrifice to the bloodsport gods, then there's a good chance that person would have been running for his life.
How was it "fun" for anyone involved?
Well, it seems a few people got a good laugh out of it, so there's that, I guess.
I mean, going from this:

Use Magic Dope Slap technique on the people trying to kill me.
I thought you were going to play along.
Kinda hard to magic-dope-slap when you're dead.

I mean, if everyone rushed him but nothing happened, it's odd, but no harm no foul, and it's actually kinda funny. But...well...that didn't happen.
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: April 27, 2014, 11:18:45 am »

Dude, it's a game. As is ER, and any other FG or RTD on the forum.
Did I get angry when Cog smashed my character's head in that remote scuffle? Did the guy who played... Travis, was it?... get angry when Jim vaporized him? I'm sure there have been other player-kills which I cannot remember, but I don't believe there's ever been a grate deal of drama like this.
Booze is Life for Yoink

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: April 27, 2014, 12:05:41 pm »

Dude, it's a game. As is ER, and any other FG or RTD on the forum.
Did I get angry when Cog smashed my character's head in that remote scuffle? Did the guy who played... Travis, was it?... get angry when Jim vaporized him? I'm sure there have been other player-kills which I cannot remember, but I don't believe there's ever been a grate deal of drama like this.
When those were done, it was at least rolled out. And plausible for the fight to occur (see my earlier notes).
Sig

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: April 27, 2014, 12:22:26 pm »

Well, I agree with you on the rolls thing, but A) having to roll for random audience squabbles would be an extra burden on Piecewise, and B) there were no rolls involved in your teleportations etc., either.
As for being plausible, I can see no reason why it wouldn't be.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3238 on: April 27, 2014, 12:45:11 pm »

Earth-3 reminds me of the Arch-Conseravative Nation of LCS. Speaking of plausibility in such an absurd, dystopian future, where people can be killed freely, yet the conformity police catches and reprograms anyone who acts out of the norm, makes me smile. I know it's not the kind of plausibility you're referring to, but still.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: April 27, 2014, 12:59:08 pm »

Well, I agree with you on the rolls thing, but A) having to roll for random audience squabbles would be an extra burden on Piecewise, and B) there were no rolls involved in your teleportations etc., either.
The teleports weren't actually important. They were just fluff. Killing a character? That's kinda important, even if it had no game consequences. Which it actually does.

As for being plausible, I can see no reason why it wouldn't be.
See my above notes on how even the people sitting next to him would be hard-pressed to hear the alleged cause of everyone in the fucking audience spontaneously ganging up on him.

Earth-3 reminds me of the Arch-Conseravative Nation of LCS. Speaking of plausibility in such an absurd, dystopian future, where people can be killed freely, yet the conformity police catches and reprograms anyone who acts out of the norm, makes me smile. I know it's not the kind of plausibility you're referring to, but still.
It isn't. Even the Arch-Conservatives aren't telepaths, and certainly the lowly citizens aren't.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 2205