Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2113 2114 [2115] 2116 2117 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484169 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31710 on: July 14, 2016, 04:16:37 pm »

Add a PDA; computer, radio, screen, keyboard. Can interface with most anything, provided that you can program.
I dislike this idea of programing because, like tinker, it has the possibility of running wildly out of control.

"I make my program that can do this! And this! and it gives me these bonuses! And it tells me when things are attacking so I never get ambush damage! and its constantly scanning everything so I never miss a trap!" and so on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31711 on: July 14, 2016, 04:44:47 pm »

Test tonight at 1am GMT as per usual.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31712 on: July 14, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »

Which game will you be picking up tonight? Or will it be a new one?

Add a PDA; computer, radio, screen, keyboard. Can interface with most anything, provided that you can program.
I dislike this idea of programing because, like tinker, it has the possibility of running wildly out of control.

"I make my program that can do this! And this! and it gives me these bonuses! And it tells me when things are attacking so I never get ambush damage! and its constantly scanning everything so I never miss a trap!" and so on.

As long as the hardwire itself isn't capable of doing anything like that, I don't see the problem. I was originally imagining that the purchaseable robots would be incredibly basic; they could move based on programmed commands and sense obstacles around them, and maybe also grab stuff, but not much else.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31713 on: July 14, 2016, 04:59:08 pm »

No reason not to do this when pegged to aux
One wheel short of a wagon

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31714 on: July 14, 2016, 06:11:59 pm »

Software can't do anything that you lack the hardware to do. Being informed that you're being attacked isn't going to help you react fast enough. Identifying traps, understanding what is and isn't an attack, pointing out targets, and assisting the users dexterity are all things that would require a sophisticated and specialized artificial intelligence, requiring expensive hardware, a team of engineers, months of development time, and possibly some human brain tissue.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31715 on: July 14, 2016, 06:15:39 pm »

As I see it you could make a sonar system, but it won't do shit if it can't distinguish between a friend and a  foe.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31716 on: July 14, 2016, 06:17:48 pm »

Or between a friend and a wall. Or between a friend and some smoke.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31717 on: July 14, 2016, 06:23:00 pm »

Oh god they're everywhere! Oh wait it's just some dust and two of my friends.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31718 on: July 14, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »

Distinguishing between friend and foe has never been much of a priority before, dunno why people would start now.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31719 on: July 14, 2016, 06:39:55 pm »

Making a neural net wouldn't be out of the question?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31720 on: July 14, 2016, 06:41:01 pm »

Distinguishing between friend and foe has never been much of a priority before, dunno why people would start now.
at this point, I consider all enemies. Some more so than others,
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31721 on: July 14, 2016, 06:48:10 pm »

While maybe unrealistic, I think it would be most fun if you had to steal a few people's brains first.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31722 on: July 14, 2016, 06:53:36 pm »

While maybe unrealistic, I think it would be most fun if you had to steal a few people's brains first.
And thus did RE-R (Pronounced Ree-Arr) become a prologue to ER.

https://app.roll20.net/join/1515283/H2fFCQ

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31723 on: July 14, 2016, 07:11:34 pm »

The annoying bit is that I'm on mobile.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31724 on: July 14, 2016, 08:06:29 pm »

The annoying bit is that I'm on mobile.
This.
have been on mobile only for over a week, am going to be on mobile only for over a week more.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 2113 2114 [2115] 2116 2117 ... 2205