Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2430809 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31650 on: July 12, 2016, 10:54:04 am »

Oh. I hopped in on the money shot two nights ago. I couldn't not shut up. I felt a little bad about it but things were going so deliciously wrong.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31651 on: July 12, 2016, 11:25:12 am »

We can always just keep IRC open in another window for people watching to talk on. The problem is that I don't think everyone has a mic to talk with and I do better at explaining things in text.

In any case, HB, I did figure out the turn order thing so hopefully it will work tonight.

Or actually I was thinking of starting in a few hours, assuming Spaz and Dev are around, since they're the only ones still living (Or at least still in the building). Everyone else can be new.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31652 on: July 12, 2016, 11:29:04 am »

Oh. I hopped in on the money shot two nights ago. I couldn't not shut up. I felt a little bad about it but things were going so deliciously wrong.

That's the thing with these redux ER sessions - it lets you get a feel for what a mission with a legit 80+% fatality rate would play out like.

For instance, as mentioned, me, MJ and syv (who have just wandered in some time after a spaceship Egan catastrophically failed to steal unexpectedly self-destructed and vaporized both him and Doc while they were standing on guard duty) stare down a massive blinged-out alien flea. It's three on one. It stares us down, inflicting two damage straight to MJ's mind, then we move.

I throw a flashbang, it connects, alien flea shields its eyes and is mostly unaffected. MJ is about to try and go in for the kill. Then syv drops a grenade at our feet when he superfails his throw and we all get showered in shrapnel. MJ goes down. I miraculously make the save to not go down. syv is still on his feet! I run like hell, seeing how this is about to go. Alien flea, completely unharmed, jumps over to syv and shanks him with deadly machete forelimbs, syv goes down. I just keep running straight out of the alien pyramid with what little loot I have (a golden headdress, chitinous remains and three alien gimp suits), which I turn in for a pretty decent chunk of change, leaving Dev and spaz still inside, hanging out in a bunch of vents (one of which Dev fell out of in the middle of trying to snipe some zombie hippies some time earlier, falling 40 feet for 3d6 damage - we have 1d6 HP and 3d6 strength, for comparison, and damage when your HP is depleted overflows into strength damage, prompting a save - using your damaged strength - to see if you basically keel over and are out of the fight) and against all odds mostly failing to set up explosives (Dev mostly rolling 18s, 19s and 20s, failing despite consistently having at least a 70% chance of success).

It plays out a lot like UFO Defense: Home Invasion Edition, high lethality and stellar examples of fucking up all around (and an interesting dynamic where going alone or in pairs is almost as viable or more so than going all together, since it shields you from other people fucking up and the explosive results that can entail). I had quite a lot of fun with it, but you other guys should also give it a try, since it does have a markedly different feel than current ER.

We can always just keep IRC open in another window for people watching to talk on. The problem is that I don't think everyone has a mic to talk with and I do better at explaining things in text.

In any case, HB, I did figure out the turn order thing so hopefully it will work tonight.

Or actually I was thinking of starting in a few hours, assuming Spaz and Dev are around, since they're the only ones still living (Or at least still in the building). Everyone else can be new.

Can't really make it today, have a different commitment, but if you're doing a morning game you could probably round up some of the other Europeans instead. I do have a mic, though, for what it's worth, though if you're doing voice I'd advise against using Roll20's inbuilt system and instead trying something like Discord.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:32:10 am by Harry Baldman »

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31653 on: July 12, 2016, 12:42:41 pm »

My buddy's got a Teamspeak server up; could ask him to make a room in there or somethin'.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31654 on: July 12, 2016, 12:58:08 pm »

My buddy's got a Teamspeak server up; could ask him to make a room in there or somethin'.
give me 5 minutes

or not fuck you teamspeak, stop making setting you up hard.

oh p-dubz might have a group coming to you for roll 20.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:04:55 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31655 on: July 12, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »

I'm going out to eat now, and maybe do some grocery shopping. after that, I could join. How do you set up teh characters and character sheets and whatnot? do I need to pm you my stats and stuff? I cold roll up a new character for today, since yesterday's character was less than exceptional, or I could use that one. If I make it in this time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31656 on: July 12, 2016, 01:16:09 pm »

I'm going out to eat now, and maybe do some grocery shopping. after that, I could join. How do you set up teh characters and character sheets and whatnot? do I need to pm you my stats and stuff? I cold roll up a new character for today, since yesterday's character was less than exceptional, or I could use that one. If I make it in this time.

You tell piecewise you need a sheet, he gives you one in the Roll20 journal and you edit your stats into the description of that. Maybe add a picture as well. You can just put up all the stats, equipment and such into a pastebin thingamajig beforehand if you're afraid of them getting lost.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31657 on: July 12, 2016, 01:17:31 pm »

Hey, I'm european! How do I get in on this thingamajing?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31658 on: July 12, 2016, 01:19:41 pm »

https://app.roll20.net/join/1515283/H2fFCQ

Roll20 invite, if that still works, use that and you're in until piecewise kicks you for insufficient indecency. Aside from that you just wait for the allotted time, I guess?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31659 on: July 12, 2016, 01:25:08 pm »

If you need more indecency feel free to borrow the rod of fememon pleasure and slap xenos With it
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #31660 on: July 12, 2016, 01:25:15 pm »

https://app.roll20.net/join/1515283/H2fFCQ

Roll20 invite, if that still works, use that and you're in until piecewise kicks you for insufficient indecency. Aside from that you just wait for the allotted time, I guess?
Allright. Do I need to make the character on beforehand, or wait until pw gives the sheet?

I've never seen the rules yet either, derp.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31661 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:58 pm »

Allright. Do I need to make the character on beforehand, or wait until pw gives the sheet?

I've never seen the rules yet either, derp.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xogc9fmabslun3l/ER.pdf?dl=0 (might want to put this in the Roll20 room's attached forum, pw, just so it's in one definite place)

Latest pdf of the rules. You can go through them and do all the rolls in the chat, then keep the results in pastebin until PW gets you a sheet of your own.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31662 on: July 12, 2016, 01:34:34 pm »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31663 on: July 12, 2016, 02:15:22 pm »

You tell piecewise you need a sheet, he gives you one in the Roll20 journal and you edit your stats into the description of that. Maybe add a picture as well. You can just put up all the stats, equipment and such into a pastebin thingamajig beforehand if you're afraid of them getting lost.
I tried telling PW I needed a sheet twice last night.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31664 on: July 12, 2016, 02:54:48 pm »

Man, all of this sounds immensely interesting. If only I weren't so damn lazy.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2109 2110 [2111] 2112 2113 ... 2205