Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2430793 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #31635 on: July 11, 2016, 04:25:45 pm »

oh hey, it's a mechanical mantis shrimp. neat.
I like to imagine this is in character.
"Oh hey" Pancaek says looking out the hole in his suit, "It's a mechanical mantis shrimp!" He looks down at the stump where his arm used to be. "Neat!"
Thank goodness I'm not the one who faced schrimpbot2000. I don't like my chances if it punched Pan in the face.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31636 on: July 11, 2016, 04:41:05 pm »

Join us either for play or for watch in the continued adventures of several idiots being murdered by hippies. Tonight at 6pm, mountain time (1am GMT).

https://app.roll20.net/join/1515283/H2fFCQ

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31637 on: July 11, 2016, 07:24:55 pm »

Huh, Renen has an Id. The logical outcome of this is of course, that we must have it fight Faith's Cat, while Renen is in bullet time, and Faith is berserking for the rematch of the century!
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31638 on: July 12, 2016, 12:40:03 am »

Paris, did you ever try to fire a supercharged violet attack like that? We aren't trying to do the cock-up competition again, right?
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31639 on: July 12, 2016, 12:47:26 am »

Well, ZBridges started it, so the supervets obviously need to show them up  :P
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31640 on: July 12, 2016, 01:07:50 am »

Join us either for play or for watch in the continued adventures of several idiots being murdered by hippies. Tonight at 6pm, mountain time (1am GMT).

https://app.roll20.net/join/1515283/H2fFCQ

Well, that was something.  We have a new teamkiller rifle.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #31641 on: July 12, 2016, 01:09:10 am »

Tonight was a pretty good night. 7 people total came to fight, 5 are dead, two are hiding in the vents as a giant spider and giant flea search for them. Of those two people, one as already fallen 40 feet from said vents, and the other dropped a brick of c4 on the giant flea.

An inert brick of c4 because he forgot to put the detonators in.

In other news, Sy continues to buy lots of grenades and then immediately drop them at his feet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #31642 on: July 12, 2016, 01:27:51 am »

Good thing I stole that c4 brick earlier.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31643 on: July 12, 2016, 03:48:56 am »

Dang, I missed it. Devastation tod me about it, but I got distracted by beer pong and drunken revelry. I'll try to make the next one, even if it's just to watch.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31644 on: July 12, 2016, 04:27:10 am »

oh hey, it's a mechanical mantis shrimp. neat.
I like to imagine this is in character.
"Oh hey" Pancaek says looking out the hole in his suit, "It's a mechanical mantis shrimp!" He looks down at the stump where his arm used to be. "Neat!"
Thank goodness I'm not the one who faced schrimpbot2000. I don't like my chances if it punched Pan in the face.
Punch your face on it. You need new body. Assuming Flint won't kill it and everyone within mile.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 04:52:06 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31645 on: July 12, 2016, 04:37:46 am »

How does pan have two id maniefesters, actually? Not sure if this has been discussed before, but doesn't it imply two egos?
One wheel short of a wagon

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #31646 on: July 12, 2016, 05:02:03 am »

How does pan have two id maniefesters, actually? Not sure if this has been discussed before, but doesn't it imply two egos?
I'm not actually sure about that. Perhaps it manifests two different aspects of the user's subconscious?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31647 on: July 12, 2016, 07:20:28 am »

Tonight was a pretty good night. 7 people total came to fight, 5 are dead, two are hiding in the vents as a giant spider and giant flea search for them. Of those two people, one as already fallen 40 feet from said vents, and the other dropped a brick of c4 on the giant flea.

An inert brick of c4 because he forgot to put the detonators in.

In other news, Sy continues to buy lots of grenades and then immediately drop them at his feet.

Hey, I'm not dead! I just ran, I ran so far away.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #31648 on: July 12, 2016, 07:27:15 am »

I watched for the first half, where people were poking clothing with sticks and making sexual innuendoes at alien doors. I rolled up a character, but never got a character sheet. I felt that watching was kinda tedious, as I couldn't really say much without breaking the flow of the game.
Overall the roll20 setting seems pretty decent for games that last a couple hours, but not really for extended games, though I think a little more order in chat might make it go smoother. it's not like with voice, where random babbling can be ignored, since the chat line forces actions to disappear once enough lines have been posted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31649 on: July 12, 2016, 07:51:02 am »

I watched for the first half, where people were poking clothing with sticks and making sexual innuendoes at alien doors. I rolled up a character, but never got a character sheet. I felt that watching was kinda tedious, as I couldn't really say much without breaking the flow of the game.
Overall the roll20 setting seems pretty decent for games that last a couple hours, but not really for extended games, though I think a little more order in chat might make it go smoother. it's not like with voice, where random babbling can be ignored, since the chat line forces actions to disappear once enough lines have been posted.

Text-based Roll20 works best when there's only like 3 players, as it's got a greater latency between player talking shit -> GM responding than doing it with voice.

Also should probably figure out how to do the initiative order, PW. I think you can just add names to it rather than the actual players, you just need to tool around with it for a little bit.
Pages: 1 ... 2108 2109 [2110] 2111 2112 ... 2205