Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2431072 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette OOC
« Reply #3090 on: April 23, 2014, 03:11:05 am »

You know, with all of Radio's talks with The Doctor (and some things that PW has said before), I have to wonder if Synthflesh bodies might have, while nowhere near Avatar-level, some small will of their own...
One of many things you'll get the chance to test, I'm sure.

Speaking of your eventual work-load, here's something: you may want to ask the work-a-day grunts what they need in the field and work on developing it. Find a need and fill it, so to speak. That is, when you're not busy with other stuff.

A good way to deal with civilians in a reliable but non-lethal way.

Microwaves, sound, intimidation device, psychotic drug delivery system, whatever, as long as it deals with that eternal problem.
Anton's been carrying one on his arm since the middle of the first mission. Since the scuffle against Ivan, actually, though it was only modified for non-lethal use after Morul shot up the shuttle and there was a need in a non-lethal pacification device. The Gungnir can do it too, it just needs more modifications - and Anton needs Tinker time.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 23, 2014, 06:15:50 am »

You know, with all of Radio's talks with The Doctor (and some things that PW has said before), I have to wonder if Synthflesh bodies might have, while nowhere near Avatar-level, some small will of their own...

Speaking of your eventual work-load, here's something: you may want to ask the work-a-day grunts what they need in the field and work on developing it. Find a need and fill it, so to speak. That is, when you're not busy with other stuff.

A good way to deal with civilians in a non-lethal way.

Microwaves, sound, intimidation device, whatever, as long as it deals with that eternal problem.
Rainbow bombs? :D
Like the ones that made people (In real life) gay temporarily?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3092 on: April 23, 2014, 07:16:49 am »

A good way to deal with civilians in a non-lethal way.

Microwaves, sound, intimidation device, whatever, as long as it deals with that eternal problem.
Rainbow bombs? :D
Like the ones that made people (In real life) gay temporarily?
Does such thing exist? I thought they made a bunch of failed experiments but never got them to work.

Anyway, rainbow bombs are like smoke grenades, only the smoke is filled with a mix of highly potent drugs. Don't know what drugs, nobody has tried it yet, but I'm guessing it includes the future equivalent of LSD or maybe Xeno-spit.

EDIT: Semi-relevant vid with one of the best youtube comments ever:
They're polluting our water with FABULOUS!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 07:28:21 am by Parisbre56 »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: April 23, 2014, 07:58:33 am »

I just remember reading about it.

Also, a combination of the two would be excellent.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: April 23, 2014, 08:40:20 am »

@swordsmith: You might use this time to check with the other people in that room what Order 118 means. Even if they aren't controllers or their set of orders is also randomized, they may have already gleaned some information about that guy's orders just from routine.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: April 23, 2014, 09:52:41 am »

You could get Lars that psycho amp.

--

Also, I find it funny that the Red team won after throwing a grand total of one knife at their board.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: April 23, 2014, 10:26:24 am »

@swordsmith: You might use this time to check with the other people in that room what Order 118 means. Even if they aren't controllers or their set of orders is also randomized, they may have already gleaned some information about that guy's orders just from routine.

No time, bad connection. Sorry guys.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: April 23, 2014, 12:38:37 pm »

--

Also, I find it funny that the Red team won after throwing a grand total of one knife at their board.

For the team with the only firearm in a no holds barred blood sport, blue team is doing laughably bad.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:48:07 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: April 23, 2014, 12:45:31 pm »

--

For the team with the only firearm in a no holds barred blood sport, red team is doing laughably bad.
You mean blue team? Speaking of firearm, I want to do the one-on-one challenge, but we all know what I'll probably try to do in it.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: April 23, 2014, 12:47:49 pm »

--

For the team with the only firearm in a no holds barred blood sport, blue team is doing laughably bad.
You mean blue team? Speaking of firearm, I want to do the one-on-one challenge, but we all know what I'll probably try to do in it.

Yes. Like I said NO I DIDN'T EDIT ANYTHING;

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: April 23, 2014, 12:54:07 pm »

Don't lose my gun.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: April 23, 2014, 01:26:07 pm »

@Swordsmith (once you have time)
Since there'a multiple people, you could hogtie them and either take them to different rooms, or hack their helmets (if they have them) and force them to only transmit/recieve signals to you.  Then you ask each of them, individually, which order to give.  If they all give the same order, you can probably trust them.  If only two give the same order, that's probably a good one.

Of course, it'll fail if they've been trained to give a certain command (like 'suicide') in the case of being compromised.  But you can always ask for a different order, and they can't give that same suicide order.  And they probably don't have multiple contingency orders (and if they do, don't ask one person for the first order, but do ask the second time.  He's not synced, so he can't give the same contingency suicide order.

...I think I started overthinking that a tad, but still.  It's a good plan.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3102 on: April 23, 2014, 01:56:59 pm »

((Been dying to do this ever since I got Gilgamesh. Now I've finally got the time to do it right, even though Gilgamesh isn't mine to pilot anymore. Powerful as the Avatar my be, I miss that suit.))
It's still on Hephaestus.
You could always go and drive it around for fun, it's not like the control cuffs require much strength to move.
Got it in peak condition. Changed its oils and redid the paint-job.
Even got that new rainbow cannon installed you can play with.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: April 23, 2014, 02:15:25 pm »

((Been dying to do this ever since I got Gilgamesh. Now I've finally got the time to do it right, even though Gilgamesh isn't mine to pilot anymore. Powerful as the Avatar my be, I miss that suit.))
It's still on Hephaestus.
You could always go and drive it around for fun, it's not like the control cuffs require much strength to move.
Got it in peak condition. Changed its oils and redid the paint-job.
Even got that new rainbow cannon installed you can play with.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass. It'd be a hassle to safely get out of the Avatar, and he's yours to pilot now, not mine. Maybe later, once Miya's fighting skills aren't necessary anymore, I'll buy him back and retire or something. I dunno, we'll see. And hey, I can fly around again with him in VR if I really want to.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: April 23, 2014, 05:16:49 pm »

...Are you serious?  I mean, this is the OOC thread, so I'd think you aren't roleplaying, but... that's kinda weird.

Even if it is roleplaying, getting attached to a suit you had for such a short time seems odd.  Especially considering the Avatar is an actual creature, which Miya has had for at least as long.  He's certainly spent more time in it, directly connected to it's mind.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 2205