Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 ... 2205

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO  (Read 2484378 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: OOC and NEW PLAYER INFO
« Reply #30765 on: May 23, 2016, 03:19:24 pm »

We ready to start the next missions or are people still getting ready?
can I do my royal rumble first?

By the way, which version of people/their equipment are you using? Their 'latest' version?
Of course. Or what ever they had when they died
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30766 on: May 23, 2016, 03:27:03 pm »

Can you get to teach Abigail now!
Oh right yeah. You shall be of use to me yet, if you will it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30767 on: May 23, 2016, 04:06:51 pm »

Oh god things truly are coming full-circle.
Sig! Onol

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30768 on: May 23, 2016, 04:29:20 pm »

Abigail can not read....
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30769 on: May 23, 2016, 04:51:58 pm »

Indeed. The symmetry is amusing.

If she recalls the instructions given to her on the mission itself though, she should find Xan relatively easily.
Sig! Onol

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30770 on: May 23, 2016, 05:21:33 pm »

So, last night PW asked me to select a game for ER people to play next week.  I hope that was a joke, but just in case I made a list.

...No, it probably isn't very good; I don't play a lot of multiplayer games.

1.Cards Against Humanity: Trivial to set up, join, and play.  Free, enjoyable, people can drop in and out at leisure with no problem.  Why fix what ain't broke?
2.Minecraft: I hate this game, won't lie.  However, it's cheap (and lots of people have it already), simple to play, lots of people can play at once, fun if you're a brick, and people can join/leave frequently with no problem.  I bet there's lots of other games with these traits, but I've never played any of them.
3.Neotokyo: I've never played Counter-Strike, but I've been told this is basically that except with sci-fi abilities added.  I've played a lot more multiplayer shooters than anything else, and this one is pretty much the best option among them--it's free, has no in-built benefit to being a long-term player (like most F2Ps), you can choose a server so it's easier to play with those you want to play with, and it's simple to learn and play 'cause it's an FPS.
4.Dark Souls 1: Nobody except those who already have the game will play this, due to the cost.  Terrible multiplayer system which makes it very difficult to play with the people you want to.  But, I really want to kill PW in Dark Souls.  DS1 is the best option IMO, because you won't get softbanned for using Cheat Engine to set up a PvP build.  Also, I haven't played either of the other games in the series and therefore would be much worse at PvP.

Anyone have better suggestions?  Or, rather, suggestions at all?  Post them, please.

Oh, and Dev, I considered Alleg.  Decided against it primarily on the basis of it being complex and very skill based.  It's overwhelmingly hard to learn, and anyone who tries it is just gonna feel useless for a long while.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30771 on: May 23, 2016, 05:35:49 pm »

One of those free half life 2 mods could be hilarious and cheap. And there's a lot of them as well. Letting pw be the titular zombie master in zombie master could be great. Or suicide survival, that's always fun to play with people you know.

Otherwise, one of those horrible f2p korean shooters where all the characters look like final fantasy rejects.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 05:40:21 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #30772 on: May 23, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »

Path of exile? Make some new chars and we all form one big party. It's best compaired to diablo 2 in its systems.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30773 on: May 23, 2016, 06:11:21 pm »

I'd say it's best to do something easy to set up, low pressure, and preferably browser-based. So, uh, Cards Against Humanity again. :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30774 on: May 23, 2016, 06:24:28 pm »

I more or less agree, but PW requested this while we were playing CaH, so I guess he wants to play something else.  It would be neat to do so, but I have a feeling attendance would take a hit.

@Radio
I like the concept of Zombie Master, and apparently there's a Zombie Master 2?  I dunno how well it works in practice, but it seems good.

@Spaz
Are there any limits on how many players can be in a party?  And is it easy to find people you want to play with?  If the answer to the former is no, and the latter yes, PoE certainly seems like a good option.  But if only four or so people can play, well, we normally had at least five people in last night's CaH game, and that was AFTER the movie night which had lots more attendees.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30775 on: May 23, 2016, 06:26:26 pm »

One of the Civ games? I don't remember which version adds online multiplayer, but it's definitely in IV and V.

I recall playing Toribash with a handful of ER players a while back. Might be fun to do again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30777 on: May 23, 2016, 06:29:29 pm »

We only got like seven people on a free browser game, if we did a full blown download game we'd get one person. :P

Though if we're suggesting, I may as well mention Planetside 2. Maybe we could get a squad going.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #30778 on: May 23, 2016, 06:41:56 pm »

Probably a couple more than one, but yeah.

I thought of PS2, but any time I've tried to play that with other people, I didn't really feel like I was playing a game with them.  More, I was in a battle that they were also in, somewhere, and I might occasionally run into them.  Maybe it'd be different with more people.

Also, PS2 is semi-P2W.  A lot of the better equipment is only gotten after a lot of play, disadvantaging new players.  And it's just plain annoying if you're bad at it, because you'll spend a long time walking to fights, only to die.

Maybe having an actual team centered around a couple of medics would make it decent?  Dunno.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #30779 on: May 23, 2016, 06:43:42 pm »

path of exile is lik, a nine gigabyte download. I don't know the system requirements either. So, while it might be fine for steam users on newer pcs, other players will be left out.

That said, a friend has been encouraging me to get PoE, so I might very well be downloading it anyway. if that is the game you decide on, i'l play when I have opportunity.
CaH is definitely easy enough to play
too bad we couldn't hijack an entire server for Agar.io or Slither.io
Pages: 1 ... 2050 2051 [2052] 2053 2054 ... 2205